Klink135

I think I found the Guns for Hire Release Date

25 minutes ago, wurms said:

I have a tourney on the 21st and would love for it to be after that. Dont need Guri and Thweek ruining my plans.

If people want to try the new stuff, that should be a good thing. Star Vipers still won't be all that great. Better than before obviously, but I'd love to start seeing them so I can crush them. 

12 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

This is basically amazon all over again, and the wait for imp vets. 

If amazon had been right the first time we would have gotten that expansion in April instead of when we actually got it in late June. Ultimately FFG controls the release cycle.

Pretty sure that FFG doesn’t control release dates.  If they did they would never be late.

4 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

Pretty sure that FFG doesn’t control release dates.  If they did they would never be late.

they do and they don't. They tell the factory to produce the product (however long it takes to produce say, 1000 copies of guns  for hire) and then those are loaded on a cargo ship that takes approximately 12 weeks to reach San Diego. Then it's a 1-2 day truck drive (after customs) to asmoddee distribution center and from there Guns for hire gets distributed to the masses. 

FFG can gestimate when it should release but they can't control the speed of the boat, the speed of customs, etc. 

So when they look for this in late September they arbitrarily have put a time table on themselves and the boat when it gets messy. 

Personally I think GFH is sitting in some container in San Diego's port waiting on some customs dude with no idea that they influences a small world of people who like plastic space ships on how fast and accurate they do their job.

Edited by FlyingAnchors