Sign in to follow this  
Matrim

Happy L5R Release Day!

My local shop isn't getting them until til tomorrow at the eat. Ugh. Silly that it's irritating me, since I can't do anything with the cards tonight anyway, but still.

Given how much the shop owner dislikes dealing with Alliance (FFG's exclusive distributor), I wasn't sure he would support the game. I can't really blame him. Alliance sucks 

Edited by Togashi Gao Shan

2 hours ago, Arcendo A said:

You are lucky, I live in Chile, and the game arrive early november u_u

You can play online already, from the safety of your home.... where no one can see you cry and yell when you draw a bad hand or make s bad play.... 

If you'd like, I can list the online locations for you. ☝?

1 hour ago, LordBlunt said:

You can play online already, from the safety of your home.... where no one can see you cry and yell when you draw a bad hand or make s bad play.... 

If you'd like, I can list the online locations for you. ☝?

Thanks but I have TTS and I know about mahois.fun xP, but is not the same, to the virtual experience I mean.

Any way, is a great day for you, and rose a new game with this great setting!

10 hours ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

My local shop isn't getting them until til tomorrow at the eat. Ugh. Silly that it's irritating me, since I can't do anything with the cards tonight anyway, but still.

Given how much the shop owner dislikes dealing with Alliance (FFG's exclusive distributor), I wasn't sure he would support the game. I can't really blame him. Alliance sucks 

Same here. It's disappointing. 

And the stupid thing is stores 60 minutes away got copies. 

22 hours ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

Yep. Alliance hosed our shop -- earlier in the week he confirmed with Alliance that they were shipping for Thursday arrival. Thursday comes and they "just didn't get them shipped". Other stores in the area are getting shorted on their orders after confirming the numbers. 

So, Alliance really screwed up our local store's order. The core sets won't be here until at least Monday.

Maybe Asmodee buying FFG was good for them in some ways, but the switch to using Alliance as an exclusive distributor was a terrible decision. I know several game store owners who have stooped carrying FFG products since the switch, due to horrible treatment by Alliance. If I still had my own game shop, I'd have a hard time carrying  stuff, too.

Edited by Togashi Gao Shan

My store got screwed. Didn't get them in the 5th. Didn't get them yesterday. UPS still has the delivery in the same place they did Thursday. 

UPS doesn't deliver on weekends. Monday is Columbus Day, so the store owner doesn't know if they'll be delivered then. 

Had to cancel the release event.

Thanks Asmodee. You've done a great job making sure my store doesn't run events in the future.

They're not fans of looking stupid. 

3 hours ago, selderane said:

My store got screwed. Didn't get them in the 5th. Didn't get them yesterday. UPS still has the delivery in the same place they did Thursday. 

UPS doesn't deliver on weekends. Monday is Columbus Day, so the store owner doesn't know if they'll be delivered then. 

Had to cancel the release event.

Thanks Asmodee. You've done a great job making sure my store doesn't run events in the future.

They're not fans of looking stupid. 

Ups still delivers on Columbus day.

Went to the launch event at my FLGS and it was nice to see so many people showing interest in the game.

Having played the CCG from Imperial until 2003, it was great to go back to Rokugan. I had high hopes, but wasn't sure I'd love the new iteration as much as the original. Turns out I like this version better, same feel with fresh and updated mechanics. The only negative I can come up with is how long a game takes, but I know that will improve drastically as everyone gets the rules and flow of the game down.

Couldn't have asked for a better launch imho

Edited by Chron73