Sign in to follow this  
Matrim

New Story - 'To the South' Part One - up on main page

5 hours ago, Ishi Tonu said:

When the Crab and Pony show hooks up with the Naga in part two and it says "I am not your enemy. Follow me I have sssssomething to ssssshow you" and then takes the "ssssamurai" to a "ssssshadowlands" encampment north of the wall.......you'll know that "sssssheet just got real"

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! ?

???????

I'm definitely in the camp that reckons that the thing that human sized intelligent creature was 'dragging' was it's big old Naga tail. This excites me greatly. I really wanted to play around with Naga and the funky nonhuman stuff that happened in the special edition thing I can't remember that AEG did. I would be extremely keen to rush out and buy the crud out of a Naga Expansion.

I wonder how they would be as characters though. Fingers crossed they can get brought into this new Rokugan in a big way. If they are expanded in, they would be evergreen after all...

19 hours ago, wolfien8 said:

Anyone else kind of feeling meh about the stories? The 2 parter things and the lack of real progression. Let's see something happen! Honestly they feel very short and nothing happening. The opening clan ones were good, but since those there have been no story things. The Unicorn had their magic outlawed and the writing matched that, but more just set up a decision and gave a result. The Scorpion/Dragon one was neat, but lacked much progression, just some information. This Crab/Unicorn was a big walk through the forest and then surprise there is a Crab. I just feel like all of the stories just haven't been very complete and a little too short. I wish they would do some longer ones and maybe a little quicker. The story feels like it is in a holding pattern.

Maybe I just need to wait and reevaluate after the first cycle finishes and see if I feel better about it.

This appears to be the start of this cycle's storyline (considering the way it's categorized on the product page).  Therefore we are seeing the introduction to the main story plots.  As we get going I'm sure it will ramp up.  We don't even have the first pack released yet and the core set was only just released so there is still plenty of time to tell this story before the cycle is fully released.

Edited by phillos
typo