charlesanakin

Legion at GameStop

Based on history, its most likely a splash initial release in those locations - they did the same thing with X-Wing.

Most big-boxes got the TFA Core release, for example - but never stocked any expansions, and cleared them out fairly quickly.

On 10/3/2017 at 8:12 PM, Force Majeure said:

THey've got a release date of Dec. 31.

I wonder if that's legit.

They tend to put down certain significant business dates (such as the start or end of a fiscal quarter) when they don't know the actual date. Even the preview article directly states Legion is due out in "early 2018."

12 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

I guess the good news is that after a little bit we can get Legion core sets possibly on clearance at Gamestop. 

Worse.  They take them as trade-ins, so you'll only get $10-$20, then rebuy it "used" at the "discount" of 85.99 (Gamestop Rewards members get an extra 10% off!).

Edited by thecactusman17

If this is true and they will carry them in the stores then that will be pretty cool. I have 5 to 6 Game Stop stores in a 10 minute radius but the nearest hobby gaming shop is about 45 minutes away.

This maybe just an online thing but I hope not.

9 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

Even if I was willing to pay full retail for it I'd buy from any local gaming store over Gamestop. I'd hate for them to become important players in the tabletop gaming scene. I pre-ordered from Miniature Market for $18 less than Gamestop

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgswl01.html

I hope you can get those $18 dollars to build an army and play with you in your basement when your local game store goes under and all the other players are too lazy to leave their homes. ;) #selfrighteous 

1 minute ago, qwertyuiop said:

I hope you can get those $18 dollars to build an army and play with you in your basement when your local game store goes under and all the other players are too lazy to leave their homes. ;) #selfrighteous 

I'm buying 2 cores one from MM and 1 from Borderlands. I do that with X-Wing and Armada expansions too. It's more of a matter of impatience for me than $ saved. When I preorder locally I tend to not get my stuff for an extra few days but what I order online comes in on release day. I'm a big proponent of buying where you play and pick up something every time I game anywhere.

Just now, Megatronrex said:

I'm buying 2 cores one from MM and 1 from Borderlands. I do that with X-Wing and Armada expansions too. It's more of a matter of impatience for me than $ saved. When I preorder locally I tend to not get my stuff for an extra few days but what I order online comes in on release day. I'm a big proponent of buying where you play and pick up something every time I game anywhere.

I'm messing with you, man. I also wanted to get in before people actually got upset at buying online vs buying local. 

20 minutes ago, qwertyuiop said:

I'm messing with you, man. I also wanted to get in before people actually got upset at buying online vs buying local. 

No problems man. I got that it was tongue in cheek from the ;) #selfrighteous. Figured responding then would save me the trouble later when some a****** did decide they have the right to tell me how to spend my money.

2 hours ago, Megatronrex said:

Who do you preorder from where it arrives the day of release?  Miniature Market hasn't even shipped the stuff I have on order yet :(

2 minutes ago, Click5 said:

Who do you preorder from where it arrives the day of release?  Miniature Market hasn't even shipped the stuff I have on order yet :(

I got the Quasar Fire and Hammerheads for Armada on release day from MM and the Rebellion Expansion one day after it released.

Edited by Megatronrex

Just now, Megatronrex said:

I got the Quasar Fire and Hammerheads for Armada on release day from MM and the Rebellion Expansion one day after.

Hmm interesting.  I preordered the Elf stuff for Runewars a couple weeks ago.  The release date is today, but my order status hasn't changed from "order awaiting release" since I placed it.  Did you notice anything like that?

Sort of want to cancel it now and head to the FLGS

Just now, Click5 said:

Hmm interesting.  I preordered the Elf stuff for Runewars a couple weeks ago.  The release date is today, but my order status hasn't changed from "order awaiting release" since I placed it.  Did you notice anything like that?

Sort of want to cancel it now and head to the FLGS

Honestly no I don't remember checking my order status before they were in hand sorry.

11 hours ago, Megatronrex said:

This is the exact opposite of everyone I have ever known

9 hours ago, Tirion said:

This is the exact opposite of everyone I have ever known

It seems like it should be reversed to me too but the last few times I've gone to pick up my new stuff locally it hasn't been there. They never used to have any problems having it on release and I believe them when they tell me it's due to their distributor. I watched him pick up the phone and call his rep to complain the last time it happened and his rep didn't even know that a new expansion had come out much less that it was supposed to be in stores and it was a full week before they had it. Now I hedge my bets on things I'm buying multiples of and do one online and one locally and so far (just 2 orders and one didn't come until the next day) it's worked out fine for me.