Sign in to follow this  
The_Mentiad

Gate disappears from under me!

I apologise if this is in the Faq but i can't see it...

I played today and while in the other world drew a card that closed the gate through which I came... as it happened I got lost in time and space the next turn so I was not destined to come back through that portal but I am wondering what happens if the gate disappears like this from under you... do you come out at another gate? Or...

DoctorDR said:

I apologise if this is in the Faq but i can't see it...

I played today and while in the other world drew a card that closed the gate through which I came... as it happened I got lost in time and space the next turn so I was not destined to come back through that portal but I am wondering what happens if the gate disappears like this from under you... do you come out at another gate? Or...

I believe if an investigator has no gate to exit from they are LITAS instead.  It's been a *really* long time since this has come up in a game, but I think it's buried in a manual as a throwaway line (I think).  Anyone have a citation?

From the AH rulebook, pag8:

"If there is no open gate leading to the Other World the investigator is in, the investigator is lost in time and space"

So, when you've already had a 2nd area OW encounter and on the following round movement phase you have to return to Arkham, you go LiTaS

I don't think I understand the premise. I am familiar with the encounter, which closes the gate through which you entered the Other World. Unless you wound up in the Other World via some strange Arkham Encounter or Mythos effect (or if another investigator closed that very gate), and not actually through a gate, then you should simply claim the gate token that you entered the OW through and that's that. The encounter also can send you to LiTaS if you fail a check, but that is irrelevant to how you entered the OW in the first place, and as such you should still close the gate and claim the trophy.

OK! So I should have claimed the gate token?! I though because (if my memory serves me) it was an other world card that that was the OW kicking my butt. I have found it sensible to err in the game's favour when unsure.