Sign in to follow this  
atkrull

FAQ Coming soon...

21 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

While unlikely for several reasons, I sadly can't totally discount this idea. The C-ROC's missing dividing line and explanation keeps coming up in my mind.

It's always possible, but probably just a pipe dream of mine. 

I personally would rather see them hard nerf cluster mines because my personal experience with adv slam and other action bomb has been that's fairly balanced. Give cluster mines the tlt treatment (only 1 damage per mine detonation, no matter what you roll) which would cap the damage at 4 with Sabine. Or give the defender a chance to roll evade dice, or maybe both ideas at the same time.

i mean if they errata it so it only works on the action bar, how am I supposed to slam the activate lando?;)

Edited by FlyingAnchors

4 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

It's always possible, but probably just a pipe dream of mine. 

I personally would rather see them hard nerf cluster mines because my personal experience with adv slam and other action bomb has been that's fairly balanced. Give cluster mines the tlt treatment (only 1 damage per mine detonation, no matter what you roll) which would cap the damage at 4 with Sabine. Or give the defender a chance to roll evade dice, or maybe both ideas at the same time.

i mean if they errata it so it only works on the action bar, how am I supposed to slam the activate lando?;)

In the end, I'll just take nerf that actually works. 

But for both bombs and Lando, there is still the experimental interface option. 

6 hours ago, Favoritism Flight Games said:

You're giving FFG a lot of credit here. I'd just be impressed if the dev team remembered to put on pants today.

That's a little harsh, no? 

They have a hard job. If they do it "right", which is impossible, somebody is unhappy because their favorite build gets beats consistently by somebody else's favorite build. And the game is considered broken. If they make something OP or something gets through playtesting and turns out to be OP or meta breaking or meta defining, more players are upset, but different ones, and call the developers hacks.

It's obvious from all the "fix" threads that we have some awesome game designers on these forums. Maybe they should apply to FFG so they can show everyone how it should be done.

BTW, if it's not obvious, this was meant to be sarcastic.

19 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

That's a little harsh, no? 

They have a hard job. If they do it "right", which is impossible, somebody is unhappy because their favorite build gets beats consistently by somebody else's favorite build. And the game is considered broken. If they make something OP or something gets through playtesting and turns out to be OP or meta breaking or meta defining, more players are upset, but different ones, and call the developers hacks.

A little harsh? Considering the total domination of the game by the Jumpmaster for a huge amount of time? IMO they're lucky to still have jobs, plenty of aspiring game designers who would LOVE their spots.

3 hours ago, RufusDaMan said:

Bacon has a curious trait... it cannot be found near me... as if something destroys bacon on a molecular level in my vicinity. After a while anyway...

It's found near me often, but it's soon missing....no CSI necessary.

3 hours ago, SabineKey said:

That's down right spooky. 

I think you mean, "down right tasty."

1 hour ago, Favoritism Flight Games said:

A little harsh? Considering the total domination of the game by the Jumpmaster for a huge amount of time? IMO they're lucky to still have jobs, plenty of aspiring game designers who would LOVE their spots.

Most of the aspiring game designers are looking at their niche problem. They give little if any thought to how the "solutions" they want to implement affect the game as a whole. You're also overlooking the part playtesters have in vetting each new wave and upgrades. I think the playtesters share a much larger part of the blame for game imbalance than the developers do. There's an old term referring to computer data that I think fits here. GIGO, stands for Garbage in, Gospel out. If the playtesters don't find or hide an OP combo, it gets translated into Gospel and becomes part of the game. Since there are drastically more players than playtesters, we find the OP combos, turn them into the Meta, and the complaints show up here. Then the hate for the developers begins.

We know little about the time constraints faced by the devs. Just some of the logistical problems they have to consider is scheduling production for both models, printing, assembly, transportation and shipping and the distribution. I'm pretty sure that FFG doesn't own the plants that do molding and printing, so they can't call up scheduling and say "I need a 10K  of K-Wings shipped next Friday".

For the kvetching that goes on in these threads, the only thing that most players agree on, is that X-wing is a good game.

2 hours ago, Stoneface said:

Most of the aspiring game designers are looking at their niche problem. They give little if any thought to how the "solutions" they want to implement affect the game as a whole. You're also overlooking the part playtesters have in vetting each new wave and upgrades. I think the playtesters share a much larger part of the blame for game imbalance than the developers do. There's an old term referring to computer data that I think fits here. GIGO, stands for Garbage in, Gospel out. If the playtesters don't find or hide an OP combo, it gets translated into Gospel and becomes part of the game. Since there are drastically more players than playtesters, we find the OP combos, turn them into the Meta, and the complaints show up here. Then the hate for the developers begins.

We know little about the time constraints faced by the devs. Just some of the logistical problems they have to consider is scheduling production for both models, printing, assembly, transportation and shipping and the distribution. I'm pretty sure that FFG doesn't own the plants that do molding and printing, so they can't call up scheduling and say "I need a 10K  of K-Wings shipped next Friday".

For the kvetching that goes on in these threads, the only thing that most players agree on, is that X-wing is a good game.

Whatever. The JM5K isn't powerful because of some mysterious synergy that escaped play testers. It has better EVERYTHING than everything else in the game. It's cheap, has no downsides, and will always dominate because deep down it will always be good- regardless of what the meta. Same with Nym- better everything = unbalanced game. It's not rocket science.

17 minutes ago, Favoritism Flight Games said:

Whatever. The JM5K isn't powerful because of some mysterious synergy that escaped play testers. It has better EVERYTHING than everything else in the game. It's cheap, has no downsides, and will always dominate because deep down it will always be good- regardless of what the meta. Same with Nym- better everything = unbalanced game. It's not rocket science.

At least the Jumpmaster was designed to be better, that's what I think at least. Scum needed a competitive option right then, not 2 years down the line. 

38 minutes ago, Favoritism Flight Games said:

Where you around for the Fat Han Tour? Or the Imperial Aces with AT before the TLT? Maybe the Jumps will still be good this time next year. Maybe not. The Meta will change, the complaints will continue, and everyone gets older.

Sierra Squared, Delta Squared.

1 hour ago, Stoneface said:

Where you around for the Fat Han Tour? Or the Imperial Aces with AT before the TLT? Maybe the Jumps will still be good this time next year. Maybe not. The Meta will change, the complaints will continue, and everyone gets older.

Sierra Squared, Delta Squared.

I was and back then I'd see X-Wings and TIEs on the table.
Today, I don't see any X-Wings, in a game called X-WING.  \_(ツ)_/