Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zetan

Suddenly, players!

15 posts in this topic

Just got a huge influx of new players here in Durham, NC. Even with a couple of our usual players not able to make it, we ended up with a 7-person tournament yesterday: http://warscore.net/event/514/view.html

We're going to increase our order for the Q4 kit; I'm hoping the one Q3 kit is still enough for everyone in our October tournament, but we'll definitely need more for November.

Anyone else seeing an uptick? I think part of it is regional (we have a big local X-Wing crowd, so once a couple of them started playing, a bunch more wanted to try it out, and it snowballed from there) but I think the diversity of the factions might be a factor as well. Definitely can't wait for Uthuk; there's a number of people I want to teach, but have been waiting until there's four factions so they have more choice when they jump in.

I think a big part of why the Elves fail at this moment is they have a hard time getting access to all they want to field. What I can field with my 2 sets is far different than what I’d want to field after the expansions are released.

Zetan likes this

Their infantry command is also still largely unspoiled, so we could see some very interesting options in there.

7 minutes ago, Bhelliom said:

Their infantry command is also still largely unspoiled, so we could see some very interesting options in there.

Soon.

Posted (edited)

They are already out in french (Infantry Command and Maegan Cyndewin) so...

Sorcercess :

Verdant Sorceress : Spoiled here

"Magicienne Tisserêve" : Skill : Exhaust this card to choose an enemy unit at range 1-3. This enemy unit take a stun token [6pt]

Storm Sorceress : Skill : Roll a blue die. For each surge you obtain, choose an enemy unit at range 1-3. Each unit take [unstable] damages.

Champion :

"Primelame du seigneur Aenoth" (Unique) : Skill : Choose an enemy unit at range 1-3 and in line of sight. This enemy unit must do a mouvement march of speed 1. [5pt]

Blackthorn assassin : After deployement phase, put 3 blight tokens on this card. Melee and Ranged attack : You can remove one blight token of this card. If you did it, the defender unit take a blight token. [7pt]

Avenger of Latariana : Spoiled here

Starling :

Rallying Starling : Spoiled here

Tactical Starling : Spoiled here

"Chantre defilant" : When you perform a mouvement march you can treat it with a turn modifier. [2pt]

Herald :

Greenwatch Herald (Unique) : Spoiled here

"Héraut de bise tournoyante" : When you collide with an enemy unit or when an enemy unit collide with you, you may exhaust this card to perform a reform action. Skill : Choose an ally unit at range 1-3. You may exhaust this card to perform a reform action with the choosen ally unit. [4pt]

"Héraut de chanteguerre" : Each time an other ally unit attack the unit with you are engaged this unit may reroll one die. You don't take moral test when you are engaged with an enemy taking a ranged attack. [3pt]

Edited by Cyiel
Xquer likes this

3 hours ago, Hawktel said:

I think a big part of why the Elves fail at this moment is they have a hard time getting access to all they want to field. What I can field with my 2 sets is far different than what I’d want to field after the expansions are released.

Yeah, this was it for sure. We let them proxy models, as well as cards that have been officially spoiled, but it still wasn't anywhere close to what they'll be when they have their full compliment of expansions. The other two factions already have a lot of expansions to choose from.

2 hours ago, Cyiel said:

Chantre defilant" : When you perform a mouvement you can treat it with a turn modifier. [2pt]

Whoa!  Is this for a march or shift action?

Awesome info, thanks!

2 hours ago, Cyiel said:

Champion :

"Primelame du seigneur Aenoth" (Unique) : Skill : Choose an enemy unit at range 1-3 and in line of sight. This enemy unit must do a mouvement of speed 1. [5pt]

Wait do you force them to march or shift?  I don't see as much use of this if it's a march only, but a shift would be amazing!

Héraut de chanteguerre" : Each time an other ally unit attack the unit with you are engaged this unit may reroll one die. You don't take moral test when you are engaged with an enemy taking a ranged attack. [3pt]

- nice!  I need more archers.

18 minutes ago, Click5 said:

Whoa!  Is this for a march or shift action?

Awesome info, thanks!

Most likely just march, daquan and waifair have the same card upgrade.

Do we have the rules for unit upgrades in another army ? Because... Blackthorn assassin can be a huge threat if you use it in a Waiquar army.

Just now, Cyiel said:

Do we have the rules for unit upgrades in another army ? Because... Blackthorn assassin can be a huge threat if you use it in a Waiquar army.

Yes, in the FAQ.

Out-of-faction units cannot take ANY faction specific upgrades.

Posted (edited)

"Magicienne Tisserêve" (Dreamweaver?) Ranged stuns are scary!

"Héraut de bise tournoyante" (Swirly Herald?) is pretty cool too. You're basically un-flank-able and can give out reform actions to nearby units which could be very strong.

Edited by Contrapulator
Darthain likes this