Rabobankrider

Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad IC

You’re finished!

With a yell, Akua’s blade sinks into the last gungan around her, causing it to topple to the ground, neatly split in half, its smouldering remains falling to the ground with a thump.

CT-4077 listens to the comm chatter and also notices the noise of gunfire dying down. "Can't be over yet." he thinks. It is clear there is still some enemy in the command center. That would also mean there would be brothers headed that direction.

"CT-7219. Keep an eye out for downed brothers. I should help them any way I can. But let's head to the command center either way."

With that, scanning for wounded comrades, CT-4077 starts looking for the command center.

Slamming a hand onto the the door panel, the door to the command centre hisses open, revealing total carnage. In a short amount of time, the gungan has done considerable damage to the room. Wires have been pulled out of the wall, consoles smashed, electronics hissing and fizzing everywhere. The bloodied creature barely looks up as the sergeant arrives. 

As the final gungan is torn to pieces by the precision fire of Slugger, the base finally falls quiet. The sound of gunfire rings in the ears of the defenders as the dust begins to settle once again. Already the corpses of the enemies begin to be coated with a faint coating of the toxic particles, like a sickly snow. Looking around the command centre, the situation would look worse than first thought. The creature had ruined a huge amount of the electronics in the room. It had torn out a large portion of the command console, smashed several screens, and it seemed to have tried eating key components of the communications console. 

"Brothers! CT-4077 here. I am near the command center. Is any one in need of medical assistence?"

The sudden silence often meant that the fight was over, but not always. CT-4077 still carefully moves about, as he scans the area for casualties, all the while still making his way into the base centre proper.

It's not long before 4077 enters the command center proper, and sees the ravages done. It is clear that the destruction is both deliberate, and not the consequence of all the shooting that had been going on earlier.

"CT-4077 here. Combat medic. I was called for?"

Deeply ingrained, 4077 first checks out the clones present, giving each a quick glance and noticing they might need a bit of patching up, but none are in immediate danger of going out of action soon. 4077 then picks up the conversation about the comms unit, and the possibilty of contacting a ship. It is obvious, that some support would never hurt and those present would agree.

"I said 'combat medic', not 'combat mechanic'. I know they sound similar. You still want me to try?"

With nothing but nods, it becomes apparent the rest trust 4077 to be their best bet, currently. With that in mind, 4077 starts to try and fix the comms unit.

"Can't be much different from patching an organic wound, right? It's got a copper artery to provide juice, an outer skin to be cut so the innards can be reached. Don't expect a good result, soon though. I haven't patched up many wounds worse than how this looks."

But then, as he fervently starts to fix the comms unit, 4077 notices why he didn't become a mechanic. Where's the heart? Why is there no blood to wipe away? A metal casing doesn't respond to a scalpel the way flesh does. Does the thing really need one of those thingies? What was that thing anyways?

"Ouch! No patient of mine ever shocked me!? This still has power somehow?"

4077 gets up, kicks the lower casing.

"This seems to be beyond repair. Now what?"

“Stand clear. I have a bad feeling about this.”

Gunslinger cautiously approaches the improvised device, and confirms that it is indeed some form of tracker. Investigating further, he wonders if there is a way to reverse the trace to its source? Removing his gloves, he dives in for a closer look. Not my bailiwick, really, but...

Tracker Avg comp/mech w/Destiny flip: 1eA+1eP+2eD 1 success
a-s.pngp-a-a.pngd--.pngd-th-th.png

Edited by Edgehawk

As Gunslinger gently examines the device in his hand, he flicks the switch set in the back, and the front of the device lights up with a dull ping. A cracked green holo-screen shows something similar to a radar layout, except there is no spinning line to detect incoming targets. The screen shows a single red pulsing dot that moves like a compass when the sergeant rotates. It would seem that the device is some kind of tracker, though there is no indication as to what it was tracking before the attack. The red dot is small and faint, it must be quite a distance away from where they are now.