Jump to content
Rabobankrider

Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad IC

Recommended Posts

Still hanging onto his blasters, Gunslinger clamps the helmet between his hands and slides it back onto his head. Once the seal is in place and he can breathe again, he can't help but take a few steps back, creating some distance between himself and the horde of undead. 

What are you doing, trooper?! Fire! And of course he should, so he does- hoping against hope that he can somehow destroy the undying with blaster fire.

Ranged light (zombies/short): 3eP+1eD 2 successes


p-s-s.pngp-s-a.pngp--.pngd-f-th.png(11 dmg w/2 ranks point blank included; 2 Strain taken for 2nd maneuver; Second Wind incidental to recover 3 Strain)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the battle begins in earnest, the seemingly endless horde continues to lumber mindlessly onwards. Those that had tried to kill Gunslinger turn to Akua, lurching forwards with razor sharp claws. They scratch at the protective suit, and though their attacks barley brake through, their numbers makes them a serious threat. 

The others continue towards the base, with some trying to overpower Vanguard as he stands fast in the gateway. How long he can hold against them is difficult to say. There was little training from Kamino on how to deal with, this. 

As some make for the gate, the others begin to claw at the wall itself, almost using each other as stepping stones to reach to the top. However as Kandosii leans over the rampart to fire on them, their efforts collapse in on themselves. Unfortunately the mass of moving limbs and torsos make it difficult to land a proper shot against them. Undoubtedly they will redouble their efforts to take this base. The defenders were limited on time, and on options to deal with this threar.

Horde 1 Combat Check: 3eP+2eD+1eS 2 successes


p--.pngp-s-s.pngp-s-a.pngd-f.pngd--.pngs-th.pngHorde 1 does 3 base damage with pierce 2 to Akua. 

Horde 2 Athletics Check: 3eP+3eD+1eS 1 failure, 1 threat, 2 Triumph
p-tr.pngp-a-a.pngp-tr.pngd-f-f.pngd-f-th.pngd-th.pngs-th.pngHorde 2 moves to engaged range of the wall and fails to climb, disadvantage adds setback dice to next check, triumph spent to upgrade next check and upgrade difficult of next attack against them. 

Horde 3 Combat Check: 3eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s.pngp-s.pngp-a-a.pngd-th-th.pngd-th.pngHorde 3 moves to engaged range of Vanguard and does 3 base damage with pierce 2, disadvantage spent to suffer 1 strain. 

Kandosii Combat Check: 2eP+1eA+2eB+1eD 1 failure, 7 advantage
p-s.pngp-a-a.pnga-a-a.pngb-a-a.pngb-a.pngd-f-f.png

Horde 4 moves to short range of wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spearhead hefts his scattergun, backing up towards the repeaters. "We need to lead them to the big guns!" He continues to fire on the approaching hordes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I HAVE A BIG GUN!" Slugger shouts as he dodges a Zombie arm reaching for him, "Go man the repeater, Spearhead I don't need her." Slugger announces back to spearhead as he moves away from the hoard and back as close as he can to the roof mounted heavy repeater, firing his gun as he retreated he downs two of the zombies. 

Edited by Shlambate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"And I have two little guns! Eat plasma!" Cut off from his squad, the no-longer-beleaguered sergeant opens up with both pistols blazing, firing at the horde which had just moved past him. He sends a number of them down, to a more permanent demise he hopes. 

Then his hackles rise, and he turns to look behind him. Probably just spooked. Soldier on, trooper.

2 Pistols/Short w/Aim@closest horde: 3eP+1eB+1eD+1eC 2 successes, 3 advantage


p-s-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngb-a.pngd-th.pngc-th.png(Total dmg 20 wounds, including 2 ranks point blank on first attack. 2 Advantage to activate 2nd weapon attack. 1 Advantage to notice something pertinent, anything still out here after the horde has passed by?)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the clones and jedi battle against the seemingly endless horde, they seem to be holding their own, despite the numbers. In their armour, they are relatively safe from the viscous claws that they lunged drunkenly about with. However that does not seem to be all that the gungans have in their arsenal. As the enemy is cut down by Akua, a strange green glow can be seen through the desiccated cracks in their flesh. Before Akua realises what is happening, one of the creatures belches up a viscous green fluid, spraying it in her direction. Fortunately she is able to leap to one side as it splatter onto the ground. Looking begind he were it landed, even through the mist Akua can see the green liquid hiss and bubble dangerously. 

The padawan is not the only one to come under attack from this strange attack. As they lurch through the gate after the two retreating clones, Vanguard is coated down his left side by another of the spitting attacks. As soon as it comes into contact with his armour he hears it hiss and fizzle as it tries to eat through his armour. He can feel some of it on the joints burn into his flesh, but the fluid seems to quickly become inert.

While the other group of gungans shuffle past the jedi and advance on the gate, the defenders would hear a cry from the wall. As the others had advanced another group of gungans had taken the wall. Looking behind them Gunslinger and Akua can see that they have literally clambered over each other to pile onto the wall in a macabre form of ladder. The savage creatures had quickly overpowered the mandalorian still stood atop the wall as they use their claws to tear of his helmet, before he disappears under the sheer mass of bodies. The defence of the base is slowly being driven back. 

Horde 1 Combat Check: 2eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 0 successes


a-a-a.pnga-a.pngb--.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngs-th.png

Horde 2 Climbing Check: 3eP+1eB+1eC+2eD 3 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.pngp--.pngp-s.pngb-s-a.pngc-th.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

Horde 3 Combat Check: 2eA+2eD 2 successes
a-a.pnga-s-s.pngd-th.pngd--.pngDoes 9 base damage to Vanguard

Horde 4 moves to engaged range of the wall.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slugger undaunted stands his ground aiming Martha at a far away horde he unleashes a great torrent of plasma. The bolts soar through the air as they take down five of the undead. “EAT THAT ZOMBIES!!” Slugger shouts into his communicator as he watches his foes fall down dead, again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The squad seem to be taking back ground from the horde, but it is slow going, and they are still outnumbered almost ten to one. The remnants of the gungan group that had taken the wall begin to tumble off of it onto the ground. As they move slowly, grunting and groaning as they go, the battered remains of the mandalorian warrior can be seen, crumpled on the ramparts. This group move ahead, increasing their speed a little, however they do not move towards the guns or the clones. They instead begin to move past the front row of buildings, towards the command centre. 

As Slugger strafes into the seemingly undead crowd the group that was attacking Spearhead swing around to lash out at him with the corrosive spit. The vile green fluid. The viscous coating splashes over the laminate armour, and the clone can almost instantly smell the burning and hear the hissing as it begins to eat through the white shell. 

Outside of the wall, the other gungans slowly swivel around as one of them is torn apart by the plasma discharged from the pistol. Lurching forward with arms outstretched, the animated figures fling themselves at the sergeant. There claws are still struggling to penetrate the armour of the clone, but the sheer mass of bodies make it difficult to deal with them. 

Horde 3 Combat Check: 2eA+1eD 3 successes


a-s-a.pnga-s-s.pngd-th.pngDoes 10 base damage to Slugger

Horde 4 Combat Check: 3eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngd-f.pngd-f-th.pngDoes 4 base damage with  pierce 2 to Gunslinger, advantage spent to pass boost to next ally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah!

With a yell, Akua’s lightsaber carves through several of the gungans, clearing up all the ones in her vicinity.

I’m coming back, wait for me!

she then yelled as she ran over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gunslinger desperately tries to disentangle his way from the pressing horde of the undying, but their clasping claws continue to dig their way through the weaknesses in his laminate. Where's that medic we were promised?! "Mediiiicc!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BANTHA POODOO!!” Slugger yells as he gets spit on by the zombies, the acid stinging him through the armor. “Guess I’m no Shiny anymore.” He says as he clocks a zombie in the head to get it off of him with Martha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CT-4077 can hear a faint ringing in his ears as he looks up. His eyes begin to focus on his surroundings, and he finds himself to be surrounded by the sickly green-yellow gas of the moon. He was laying face down in the dirt, but why? Where? What had happened? Memories, foggy memories begin to come back. He had been at the base, and then, there was some kind of attack. An endless wave of enemies, dragging away the soldiers and scientists. He remembered a dark room, the walls lined by green veins, and a figure wearing a large tribal mask peering over him. Suddenly there was an explosion, and he was running. He wasn't alone, others were running with him, clones who had been tasked with defending the base. Where were they? Looking around he sees a single trooper laying on the ground beside him. Were they all that was left? Suddenly he hears the chatter of gunfire in the distance. Looking in the direction of the sound he can see flashes of light through the thick smog. Who was out there, was it the base? There was only one way to find out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CT-7219 stood next to some sort of vegetation, the foggy atmosphere swirling around him as he slowly spun around trying to locate a landmark....any landmark. As he turned he started picking up bit's of comm chatter and finally picked up flashes of light, light that matched blaster fire. No blasters with the deaders, must be GAR.

Making his way forward he started to move towards the fight. "CT-7219, reporting! Do you read?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Slugger comes under attack, Spearhead swivels the heavy repeater around to face his attackers. "Heads up!" He shouts before letting loose with the hale storm of plasma. The shots tear the few remaining gungans into pieces, the green viscous fluid spilling out onto the floor. What little remains rapidly begins to dissolve with a sickly hiss.  

Spearhead Combat Check: 4eP+1eD 3 successes, 1 advantage


p-s.pngp-s-s.pngp-s-a.pngp-s.pngd-f-f.png

Missed Difficulty Dice: 1eD 1 failure
d-f.pngSpearhead does 15 base damage to horde 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now out of harms way thanks to spearhead Slugger focused his attention on the closest horde. Noticing that their attention was on Gunslinger and Blindfond and frankly slugger had enough of the Undead for one day. Spinning up Martha to firing speed he unleashes a deadly rain of blaster fire upon the horde, taking out almost all the zombies that remained. “STAY DEAD!” Would be heard over comms as Slugger mowed down their enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a quick flourish, the commander slashes through the centre of another gungan. The corpse squeals as the blades bolds through the flesh and bone before slopping over to one side. "Gun-, I mean sergeant! We need to get back to the base, come on!" With that Akua rushes past the gungnans, going to grab Gunslinger by the wrist and start to pull him back towards the base. 

p-s.pngp-a-a.pngp-s.pnga--.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngd-th-th.pngs-f.pngDoes 8 damage to Horde 4, advantage spent to activate linked, moving the engaged range of the base wall.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“You should not have come for me. Go! I’ll cover our withdrawal.” Gunslinger is forced to admit that she might be right, and follows her lead, firing into the undead horde as they retreat back to the base.

Strategic withdrawal, blasters blazing @short: 3eP+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage


p-s-s.pngp-s-s.pngp-a.pngd-f-f.pngd-f-f.png(Advantage to pass a Boost; Spend 2 Strain to maneuver twice, withdrawing toward base).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The final, solitary creature, badly injured by Slugger's attack staggers on towards the command centre. It reaches the door, trailing the thick green fluid that leaks from its wounds, and stumbles inside. The door hisses shut behind it, causing it to be lost from sight. Why was this creature heading for the command centre? What could possibly be in there for it? A creature like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...