Jump to content
Rabobankrider

Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad IC

Recommended Posts

Spearhead  taps his foot nervously as the footage plays, then looks around the room intently. "Whatever we do, we'd better do it fast. The sergeant's right. A larger unit than us already tried to take these things head-on and failed. Best to learn from their mistakes, and avoid sharing their fate."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slugger would make his way to the locked weapon's cabinet putting down Martha he would grab a stray metal bar and try to break the lock on the door by threading the bar theough the lock's locking mechanism and pulling. even though he pulled with all his might the lock seemed unwilling to crack to his might. "Sorry Gunsliger thar lock just won't break." Slugger would say turing his back to the door and the unbroken lock, seconds later the door would fall off of it's hinges. "Well then... Lock's intact, But the door is open!" Slugger says as he looks back to the door he broke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Door jumped off its hinges in pure terror!" Gunslinger assists with getting the heavy repeaters into position, but first takes a moment to explore the armory for anything else that might be of use against.. well.. whatever it is..? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Not at the moment Blindfold. Gunslinger help me heft this gun up the roof of the armory." Slugger says as he takes one of the heavy repeaters out of the locker he had just torn the door off of, "Come on Gunslinger i'll do most of the lifting!" He says making his way to the side of the armory preparing to climb the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the squad prepares themselves for battle, the silence one again falls upon them. They hear their breathing surrounding them as the helmets filter out the toxic gasses. As they stand at the ready, a little of the yellow sediment settles on their armour, and after a moment it almost looks as if the soldiers were frozen in time, wrapped in dust. Then they finally see something, a shift in the mists ahead of them. Flits of shadows and the faint silhouettes can be seen as something approaches far of in the distance. It is difficult to see, but as it approaches, it becomes clear that that 'thing' that the scanners had picked up was not a single creature, it was dozens. Dozens upon dozens of something shuffle towards the base. Those inside do not see the approach, but those by the gate and the wall can just about make out whatever this is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my... that’s... alot of enemies...

The female said as she drew her lightsaber.

But we can do it... right boys? 

She turned and smiled at the female.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the squad readies up, the shuffling figures in the must begin to move closer and closer to the base. Eventually individual figures can just about be seen as the mist shimmers and shifts around the mass of bodies. As they draw closer, it can be seen that they are in fact gungans. What they were doing out there was impossible to say. Were they actually attacking the base? Were they just returning? Something was off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on boys... let’s quickly finish this and bring the matter to a close shall we? I believe in all pf you! 

The female jedi chirped as she beamed at her troops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Head’s up, Vode,” Kandosii calls through his comlink. “We have a huge horde of Gungans coming; a lot more than there should be. Jetii; why don’t you use those mind powers of yours to get a read on them. Something’s off about them beyond just their numbers, but I can’t tell exactly what.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Von3679 said:

Akua hummed.

Sorry. I’m not too good with that sort of force stuff.

She chuckled slightly as she scratched the back of her head.

"Well then," Kandosii replies. "Go and see if they're friendly? We were sent here to find these guys after all. Just be on guard, and see if you can tell what's wrong with them. I'll cover you. Everyone else, set your weapons to stun. we don't need any unnecessary casualties."

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Slugger takes the extra rifle that Gunslinger had brought with him and drops down from the roof as quickly as he can keeping Martha strapped to his back as he descends, as he nears the gate he lines up his shot at the oncoming enemies, he takes down one If the gungans using lethal rounds.

Edited by Shlambate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Horde of Gungans.. with something off..?

Gunslinger lays a hand on the Commander's arm. "Unless that thing has a stun setting, I'd best see what's going on down there first." To the others: "Make sure you're set to stun, and cover me." 

The sergeant makes his way down and continues through the obscuring mist, until he he can gain a closer look at what's happening on the ground.

 

(Burns 2 Strain for 2nd maneuver to achieve short range; check to see what's hinky about the approaching Gungans?)

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Gunslinger wades into the clinging smog, the sight of the fortress is quickly lost behind him. For a moment, he is totally a lone. For the first time in his life in fact, there is no squad mates, no officers or trainers, no jedi. There is nothing but the mists, the sound of his footprints, and himself. This silence feels like it lasts a lot longer than it does in reality. 

However, it does not last. Parting the mists, the horde approaches him. His worst fears must be confirmed by what he sees. The gungans are dead, or at least they had died at one point. Their skin was peeling away from their bones, and they were covered in horrific orange welts and boils. Some clearly had been attacked and were peppered with blaster marks or were missing limbs. 

As he approaches, it is as if these monsters sense them, and suddenly their pace quickens. With a mournful moaning sound they lurch forwards with jagged fingers and lunge at the sergeant. One group clatters into him, almost knocking him over as they try to tear through the laminate of his armour. The sheer weight of numbers almost overwhelm Gunslinger, and he feels their sharpened fingers scratching and clawing at the joints in his armour. For a moment it seems that he will suffer little more than a few bruises as he is bumped around. However as he tries to push one of them back, he feels one of them tear roughly at his helmet. He hears the air seal break in the suit as the helmet bounces onto the floor. As soon as it does, Gunslinger feels his lungs burn and his eyes itch intolerably as he has to stop himself from breathing in the gases. 

The rest of the swarm push on towards the base, now only a little way from the walls and the open gate. As they approach the walls, the others begin to see the details of the gungans, the same that Gunslinger had spotted before he was overrun. 

Horde 1 Combat Check: 3eP+2eD 3 successes, 1 threat, 2 Triumph


p-s-a.pngp-tr.pngp-tr.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngDoes 4 base damage with pierce 2 to Gunslinger, threat spent to inflict 1 strain, triumph spent to knock Gunslinger's helmet off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slinger! 

The jedi yelled as she bit her lip. The female prepared to jump out to help, but hesitated, seeing the gungans. Her lightsaber didn’t really have a stun setting... but would that even matter against... undead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The isolation of the enshrouding mist is immediate, but misleading. Too late, Gunslinger finds the Gungans are upon him- the walking, grasping dead.

His helmet is torn from him, giving him a more immediate concern than the horrors surrounding him. He gasps, eyes watering as he fumbles almost blindly in the low-clinging mist. A brief but desperate search, and... Got it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"GUNSLINGER" Slugger would shout into the communicator so loud that even Gunslinger could hear it from the helmet before he put it on as Slugger watched his brother be mauled by the Gungans looking through the mist, as it clears Slugger notices the Gungans aren't quite alive. "We got Undead Gungans, set guns to kill and open fire, but keep mind of Gunslinger's in the center."

Edited by Shlambate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'll hit Gunslinger if I fire at that mass with this thing! We'll need someone with a more precise weapon! I'll hold the others off!" *He turns towards one of the other hordes and fires with his scattergun, trying to get as many enemies in the line of fire as possible.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slugger drops the rifle he was wielding instead for his favored weapon, Martha. “GUNSLINGER!!!” He would shout as he readied Martha the barrels spinning, trying to get his attention. “GET DOWN!!” Slugger shouts as he fires into the horde of undead right next to his brother. The laser bolts fly through the air as Martha sends four of the undead back to the embrace of the grave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...