Jump to content
Rabobankrider

Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad IC

Recommended Posts

Slugger tries to pick up any signs of life, listening in on all the sounds of the of the room the group just entered. He senses nothing that would sound like a gungan but the hums and clanking of machinery has him on edge. “Are we absolutely sure there are no Clankers in here?” He asks Gunslinger and Blindfold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I am not absolutely sure of much..." Gunslinger has learned to trust Slugger's instincts, so he makes another circuit, but ultimately finds neither hostiles nor friendlies. "Clear. Let's move on." 

Proceeding to the next building, he swings open the unlocked security door, ready for anything. He hopes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second door slides open smoothly and the lights flicker on fast. There is a smell in the room, as if it was lived in. There were thirty or so bunks stacked close together against one wall. Tucked underneath each bunk was a couple of white lock boxes, again stamped with the republic logo. Some of the bunks had been made, other had sheets and personal belongings scattered about. This must be the quarters for the soldiers and the scientists working on the planet. Beyond the bunks and the boxes, there was nothing in immediate view. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gunslinger has been focused on clearing the buildings first, prior to delving into further investigation, but something is definitely amiss... He searches for clues as to what may have transpired, but comes up empty.

"Nothing to see here, Slugger. Let's head back out." 

Sure there must be more to this than meets the eye, the squad leader takes a closer look about, upon leaving the building.

 

Avg perception: 2eA+2eD 1 failure, 1 threat
a-s.pnga--.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.png

@Rabobankrider Survival: 2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat
a-s-s.pnga-a.pngd-th.pngd-f-th.png

Edited by Edgehawk
Edited to narrate Threat, add Survival check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Akua closes her eyes and tries to sense her surroundings, but it is as if something is covering her senses, muddling and blocking them.

I can’t sense anything...

She murmured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exiting the building, Gunslinger spies scuff marks on the ground, and manages to follow them toward the gate for a bit. "Something was dragged from here." He spends a moment trying to regain the trail, but the squad's trampling and the obscuring mist makes it difficult. 

"Let's finish clearing these buildings, but I think the action here is over."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kandosii lowers his rangefinder before bringing his rifle to bear and looking through the scope, searching each of the buildings and alleys in turn. He checks the windows of one building, ahead of the group, and then a building with a glass roof,  but the can’t get a good angle from his current position. 

“Kandosii to Slugger,” he reports over the comm. “No threats detected so far. Be careful with this next windowless building coming up. I can’t see into the glass roof from my position.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Understood." Slugger replies to Kandosil over the comms, he makes his way over to the windowless building slowly, stopping at the closest door way into the command center, "Ready to breech at your command Gunslinger."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shlambate said:

"Understood." Slugger replies to Kandosil over the comms, he makes his way over to the windowless building slowly, stopping at the closest door way into the command center, "Ready to breech at your command Gunslinger."

Kandosii draws a bead on the door as well,

"Targeting entrance," Kandosii replies. "Stand clear once the door is breached."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The door to the command centre hisses open with ease, and revealed inside is a second door, identical to the first. It was an airlock, presumably to keep out the toxic gases and the strange sediment of the planet. As the squad move inside, the outer door seals with a hiss, and the inner door reveals a compact room packed full of consoles and high end pieces of equipment. They all blip, beep and whirr quietly as they go about their business, despite the room being completely deserted. As the squad move inside they find a large command console that fills the centre of the room, with a few dozen cables and pipes connecting it to the other consoles and sets of equipment. A wall of data rushes by on the different screens, calculating and analysing all manner of information. It may take time to decipher, but fortunately the equipment looked similar in design to that used by the republic military (or at least some of it did).  To the left was the circular hatch, presumably allowing access to the second building. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Akua slides in behind the clones, looking around.

Oh computers. My best friend.

The female muttered sarcastically, given how hard it was for her to use them without actual eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Gunslinger types through the data, it is mostly incomprehensible. Humidity, tectonic shifts, flora and fauna statistical analysis, this is not what the sergeant was trained for. There was however something of interest to him, a data log. Activating this, he was met with a crackling and partially corrupted image of a clone trooper. He was stood, hunched a little with his helmet tucked under his arm. There were bags under his eyes, he looked incredibly tired.

"Acting base commander, CT-2412. The disappearances are continuing, and it's not just equipment or the civ's now, but the soldiers to. I still don't know what is doing it, but it's out there, somewhere, in the mists. After the captain went missing, I sent the walker out to investigate the structure the scouts found, but it hasn't returned. I don't know what to do. I can't even contact the herd ship until the storm passes".

He looks as if he is about to speak again, but there is the sound of shouting and gunfire off of the screen. Suddenly the image shakes, and the hiss of the doors can be heard.

"They're inside! They're here!" Someone shouts as the sound of gunfire and crashing can be heard. The figure on the recording grabs for a carbine, but is torn from view with a shriek. With that the recording ends.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the squad muse over the footage, Sluger hears a beeping coming from behind, out of sync with the rest of the machinery. This was more of a warning sound, maybe even an alarm. Turning to examine the console, he sees a rough image mapping the surrounding terrain. It seems that the scientists had set up proximity markers around the base, about a mile away. One had been set off, set off by something big at that. It was moving slowly, but heading for the base. In the mist it would be impossible to see till it got closer, giving them a little time to prepare for whatever it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know Blindfold but something huge has tripped a proximity alarm.” He says looking at the the console. “Looks like we have company, and it might not be friendly. Orders, Blindfold, Gunslinger?” Slugger asked looking to his commanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to the audio, Gunslinger observes: "DC-15s. Those were our brothers firing." As he watches the clone pulled offscreen, a proximity alarm is tripped. Knew we should've brought flamethrowers... 

"Let's get those heavy repeaters on a roof. We don't have much time." No time to lose, the sergeant hastily heads back out to the building with the armory.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...