Rabobankrider

Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad IC

Gunslinger accepts the flask and takes a swig, savoring the burn in his throat as it goes down, then hands it back. 

"Our new commander leads from the front, dancing into the fray. Can I do any less?" He starts to reach for the flask again, then thinks better of it. "Cyclones have really pulled together as a team. What's left of us. We could use a fighter like you."

Akua would make her way back into the calm of the jedi temple, a stark difference from the environment that she had just come from. The padawans and knights were making their way around the great halls as they carried out their duties. It was almost as if there had been no attack on the city the day before. As she continues down one of the corridors, she would find her master in conversation with another jedi. As they finish, master Windu turns to look to his Padawan. 

"Ah, Padawan, is there something you need? Are you prepared for your new assignment with the clones?"

Back at the barracks as the troopers are waiting for their new orders, Colonel Zombie marches into the building. "Alright shinies, bring it in!". They men begin to gather around the officer, ready to listen to what he has to say. "Good work yesterday, you saved a lot of lives, and protected the capital against a dangerous enemy. You should all be proud of yourselves, every one of you. I'm sure you will all be pleased to hear that the republic will be producing a campaign medal for those who defended the capital. For most of you, this was your first taste of battle, and you have truly put the 712th on the map. Maybe one day we'll even rival the 212th!" This would receive a few shouts and whoops of excitement from the troopers. Zombie would let them quieten down before continuing. "With the current threat to Corouscant dealt with, we will be returning to the Hammer and moving on to Alderaan for our previous assignment. Prepare to move out!"

As the clones begin to recover their equipment Zombie would move forwards and take Gunslinger by the shoulder. "One moment sergeant, you and your men have a separate assignment. You will be taking a shuttle to the Naboo system. There has been a request from the leadership of the Gungan people for the republic to investigate a project on the moon of Ohma-D'un. Apparently their has been a number of disappearances. I have been told you will receive a full briefing when you arrive". 

The colonel looks over his shoulder for a moment before speaking to Gunslinger in a low voice. "One other thing, you were seen with the commander in the city. Is that something I need to be concerned about, sergeant?"

Slugger looks to Songbird, “Doc is dead. The rest of Cyclone has been split apart into different regiments and squads. It’s just me and Gunslinger left.” He says just before the colonel comes in. As soon as Zombie arrives and gives the order to grab their things Slugger picks up Martha and his new backpack.

Overhearing the first part of what Zombie said to Gunsligner Slugger buts in. “Colonel, Sir, Our squad is bit understaffed being just Gunslinger and I. Are you sure we have the manpower to do what the Gungans ask?”

The colonel would look across to Slugger before responding. "I thought about that. That is why I had a work with Commander Fox, and that is why CT-7472 will be joining the 712th. Trooper!" he would shout at the guardsman sat across the way. "You ready to join a real force?" Look back to Slugger he would continue. "We may be transferring some members of the 712th to the squad as well". 

Posted (edited)

Akua smiled and bowed to her master.

Yes Master Windu... I am ready...

she said softly. However, she hesitated abit before she asked.

Master... do... feelings really lead to the dark side? 

Edited by player3333902

7472 pockets his flask and stands, offering the colonel a tired salute. "I've served in a few already. I don't see how one more could hurt." He checks to make sure that he still has all his equipment with him. 

"No need for your concern, Sir." Caught off-guard by the comment, Gunslinger quickly moves past it. "And thank you for CT-7472. I was hoping we might keep him. Cyclone Squad will prep for immediate redeployment."

Master Windu would look down at his padawan, quiet for a moment. "It is a complicated question you ask Padawan. There are many in the world who embrace their emotions, and do great good in the galaxy. But as a jedi, you are different. The jedi teachings show us to control our emotions, because if we give into them, the darkside can take hold. It is not the emotions themselves that lead a jedi to the darkside, but the act of letting those emotions control you. A jedi must sacrifice such things so that they do not fall like the sith of old". 

Zombie would watch Gunslinger for what felt like an age before nodding. "Alright then. You're a good soldier sergeant, you keep up your work and you'll be lieutenant before too long. Just remember, clones are bred for war, and you need to stay focused if you're going to survive". Turning to walk away he would call out over his shoulder. "Gather your men, the shuttle will be here for you soon!". 

Akua looked up upon hearing her master’s words

I... I see... thank you Master... I understand better now.

She said as she bowed to the male.

Thank you for teaching me... You have a mission for me master? 

The female then asked, looking at the male as she tilted her head slightly, her bangs covering her “eyes” slightly.

“CT-7472, you need a new name. You’re good with explosives, how about Bomberman” Slugger would say as the new clone approached the group clapping him hard on the back. 

Blindfold getting you in trouble huh.” Slugger says giving his brother a playful jab in the ribs, still hard enough to feel a small bit of pain. 

7472 gives Gunslinger a macabre grin. "Seems strange to be thanking the Colonel for giving me to you. If it's all the same, I'd rather at least pretend I'm a human being and not a piece of property. That said, looks like you get to 'keep' me after all, to use your word." He then regards Slugger. "Explosives? That's not me. I used to be a squad leader like loverboy over here, but since Geonosis, my squads tend to be put in the thick of the fighting. My pod brothers called me Spearhead, since my guys were usually first into combat. Since then, I've had other squads, and a few demotions, and they brought with them other nicknames; Survivor, Jinx, Deathwish, and a few that I probably shouldn't repeat. Sorry if this is a lot, but you should know what you're getting by taking me on."

"We're all property of the Republicand we're glad to have you. Welcome to Cyclone Squad." 

Gunslinger claps the veteran on the back, and considers. "Sounds like you've had enough names, already. Keep the one you want, or we can just see what sticks." 

"Cyclones. Let's get ready to move out."

7472 grunts at Gunslinger's comment about being property. "Doesn't mean we have to like it" he grumbles morosely. When Gunslinger is done, he thinks for a moment before replying. "I guess it wouldn't hurt being Spearhead again. Feels like starting from scratch. Or the closest thing to it I could hope for. Let's just pray my bad luck doesn't rub off on you lot." He stands at attention, ready to move on.

Master windu would nod in response to Akua's question. "Yes, you and the squad who defended the table will be taking a shuttle to the Naboo system. The gungan's require your assistance at the moon of Omah-D'un. I have not been told the details, but I am sure they will tell you the details when you arrive. A shuttle will collect you from here, and your squad after". He would pause, offering her a rare smile. "May the force be with you, Padawan". Saying their goodbyes, when she was ready Akua would find a republic shuttle waiting for her one of the landing platforms behind the main temple building. It was the first time in a long time she had left the planet, and the first time ever without the supervision of a jedi master. It was a real shift in her life, but at least she wouldn't be alone. 

Having collected Akua, the Nul-class shuttle is quick to take off and arrive at the garrison. With the rest of the 712th having returned to the Hammer, and the Corouscant Guard out in the city, the squad was all that was left. Spearhead had been provided with the new armour of the battalion. The red marks of his time on Corouscant had been removed, leaving it clean white, a 'shiny'. Currently only the clones in the 712th with painted armour were the officers, but soon enough the others would earn their colours.

When the shuttle was loaded with the squad, their next stop was to be the Naboo system. The doors sealed on take-off, plunging them into the artificial light of the passenger area. It was a spartan affair, with just enough amenities to keep the squad and the jedi alive. The area was cramped and grey, with little to no privacy, not that the clones were not used to these kind of conditions already. The pilot and co-pilot kept to themselves for the most part, focusing on the task of transporting Cyclone squad. They only left the cockpit to rest for a little while before heading back. 

The journey was long and dull. Eight days trapped in a shuttle like this can be enough to test anyone, but eventually they were arriving at their location. There was the sound of one of the pilots ducking down into the passenger quarter, waking up the squad as he does. "Alright fella's we're about to arrive at the location. We'll be dropping you off at the ship in the moons orbit. I don't know if you've ever seen an ithorian ship, but it's quite a sight". There had been no mention of the ithorian's being present from Master Windu or Colonel Zombie, what exactly was going on?

Akua bowed to her master quickly.

May the force be with you too Master.

She said. Exiting the temple, she then took a deep breath, walking onto the ramp. As the ramp closed, she would turn to take one last look at the temple.

Watch me.

She whispered silently, a vow to do her best and come back in victory, before she turned and walked furthur into the shuttle.

As the days passed, Akua spent alot of it either training in her room, working on the puzzle rings or hanging out with the troopers. As such, she became closer to her squad. 

Akua would wake up when the pilot walked in, yawning as she stretched, rubbing at her face sleepily.

Haaaah? 

She asked sleepily, the female’s mind still muddled from sleep.

Slowly, the shuttle presses ahead towards their destination. The herdship was truly tremendous in scale, hovering above the sickly green-yellow moon. Its shap was that of a bowl or dish, capable of sustaining thousands aboard. The shuttle enters on of the man docking bays, and sets down on the ground with a slight fud.

The boarding ramp at the front of the shuttle slides open, allowing the squad to disembark into a pristinely kept dock. It bared little to no resemblance to those used by the republic navy, there was no clones or fighters, in fact there seemed to be very little of the usual hustle and bustle the clones were used to. Almost all of the manual labour seemed to be carried out by a variety of droids, with an ithorian here and there to oversee. 

As the squad leave the shuttle they are greeted by a small procession approaching from the large double doors leading out of the hanger. A hunched, elderly looking ithorian in ornate blue and gold robes shuffles forward, a translation droid by his side. To his right is a clone commander with his helmet tucked under his arm to reveal a stern face. A scar runs down his chin and disappears beneath the collar of his bodysuit. To the ithorians left was a tall and muscular gungan female dressed in the garb of a warrior. 

The other figure was not one that the squad recognised, someone dressed in what looks like mandalorian armour. This was Kandossi, he had arrived a few days before the squad had, and had been kept in the dark for the most part. From what he had gathered the ithorians were here to try and restore the moon to a habitat environment after some kind of disaster. They and the gungans had put together a huge team of workers and state of the art equipment for the project, but something had been going wrong. Members of the team had been disappearing, and the two security squads sent from naboo had also gone missing. Now there was not contact with the base on the moon at all. 

The low rumble of the ithorian's voice can be heard with the droid translating a half second after. "Master Choro would like to welcome you to the herdship, and wishes to thank you for your haste. He hopes that this problem we are suffering from can be resolved shortly".

Akua smiled and bowed to the ithorian.

It is nice to meet you Master Choro. I am Padawan Akua Seredine, and this is my squad, Cyclone squad.

She smiled as she gestured to the clones.

Posted (edited)

The Mandalorian steps forward. You can tell he’s not tall, maybe 1.69 meters (5’6”), but lean and powerfully built, like a Corellian Sand Panther. He wears blue and gold armor, with matching blue Kama, over a blue on blue camouflage body stocking. 

Su'cuy ner Vode,” he says, removing his helmet. 

He has a rugged face with bronze skin with dark brown hair pulled back in a tight tail and a VanDyke with dark, piercing eyes. You can also tell he’s a southpaw, given the placement of the pistol at his left hip, the combat knife secured to his left calf, and the A 280 C rifle slung over his left shoulder.

•  
Edited by Tramp Graphics

"Hey Slugger, Is that who I think it is..?" When the warrior removes his helmet, it is certain.

It is! "Kando the Mando Commando!" Of course, back on Kamino it had been Sir Yes Sir!! 

"Good to see a familiar face." Clone humor... "What brings you to these parts?"

2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

"Hey Slugger, Is that who I think it is..?" When the warrior removes his helmet, it is certain.

It is! "Kando the Mando Commando!" Of course, back on Kamino it had been Sir Yes Sir!! 

"Good to see a familiar face." Clone humor... "What brings you to these parts?"

"'Kando the Mando Commando'?" he replies. "Watch it, mir'sheb. Or do you want a mirshmure'cya?"

"Watch it Gunslinger, don't want another scar on your face, get too banged up and Blindfold might not notice you anymore." Slugger says joking at his sergeants expense as he gets off of the transport they had been on for the past few days. "So this is Naboo, not as wet as home but almost the same, does it rain much on this Planet?" Slugger asks 

1 minute ago, Shlambate said:

"Watch it Gunslinger, don't want another scar on your face, get too banged up and Blindfold might not notice you anymore." Slugger says joking at his sergeants expense as he gets off of the transport they had been on for the past few days. "So this is Naboo, not as wet as home but almost the same, does it rain much on this Planet?" Slugger asks 

"Not that I've noticed," Kandosii replies. "It's pretty comfortable; possibly too comfortable."

As the exchange passes between the clone and mandalorian, the clone officer beside the mandalorian. "None of that" he says with a stern frown. "This is a sergeant of the grand army of the republic you're talking to. This is not Kamino any more". Turning to Gunslinger the officer would continue to talk. "And perhaps we can try to act professional here sergeant, this is not the best impression to set for the representatives here". He would gesture to the ithorian and gungan as he says this. 

"I am Captain Scale of the naboo protection force. I've been attached to this operation on the request of the chancellor. This is Master Ubat Choro, master of this herdship and of the moons restoration project. Finally, our gungan friend is Oersal Ti, she is the gungan representative".

"About time yousa arrive" the gungan mutters as she eyes the clones carefully. "Gungans been going missing for too long"

The ithorian would nod and once again the rumbling monotone would emanate from him. "Master Choro agrees. He is very concerned for strange happenings on the planet. Please, follow him", As the droid finishes, the gungan turns and shuffles back out towards the exit of the hanger.

The walk was very interesting as they made their way to their destination. This ship was a rare site in the galaxy, especially for the clones, mandalorian and jedi. The corridors were large and winding, made mostly of glass to see into the main ship below. This sight alone is truly spectacular. A huge forest biome fills almost all of the centre of the herdship. Not only that, there are species of birds and animals can be seen flitting about within the trees. It was like its own world down there. The squad also sees large rooms, dominated by labs and workshops developing all manner of technology and sciences for rebuilding worlds. 

After a long walk through the herdship, the party seem to arrive in what looks like a command centre.  Dominating the room was a great holo-projector that was projecting an image of the moon below. To be precise, there was two projections of the moon, the first was of ohma-d'un coloured grey and capped in clouds. The second showed the moon as it was below now, a sickly yellow and wreathed in smog. 

The droid would continue to translate as the ithorian speaks. "As you can see, there has been a dramatic change to the moon. the atmosphere has been rendered toxic to almost all flora and fauna. The ithorian's work has been progressing slowly, but since then all work has stopped since the disappearances started". 

Scale turns to face the squad, speaking clearly as he takes over the briefing. "Near the beginning of the war, there was an attack on the gungan settlers of this moon by the seperatists.. Their aim was to test some kind of chemical warfare against the natives before unleashing it on the system".

As he says this Oersal's face visible hardens in anger at the mention of this.

"Fortunately the plan was stopped by the jedi and a team of clones, but as you can see the planet was heavily contaminated after the attack. It has only spread since then. We are trying to gather more information on the attack to see if that explains what's going on down there, but it has been slow going".

"Wesa been working on fixing the planet with ithorians, but now thingsa going bad. Equipment destroyed, workers gone a missing. Mesa fear the separatists are back". Oersal's face shifts to concern from her original anger as Scale continues again.

"I have sent two squads to the moons surface, but have had no response from them. Coms cannot penetrate the atmosphere, but they should have returned by now. Oersal here demanded that the republic send specialists to investigate these events, which is why you are here".