Rabobankrider

Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad IC

Bantha Fodder!” Slugger shouts as he takes the bolt to his shoulder and fires off a volley at the B2 droids before him. The pain in his arm makes the gun even harder to fire despite his concentration, however the laser fire once again gives the squad an opening to deal some damage.

Trapper sees the explosion from the thermal, and steps forward to join the sergeant. Firing at the B2's with a shout, his blue plasma bolts smash into the ground around the droids trying to enter the crater. The ground under the feet of the machines is destroyed even more and the front row stumble and almost fall entirely under the barrage. Their servers whir and whine as they struggle to stay upright, focusing on their movement instead of the attack. 

Trapper Combat Check: 1eP+2eA+1eD+1eS 0 successes, 4 advantage

p-a-a.pnga-a.pnga-a-a.pngd-th.pngs--.pngSpends advantage to stagger B2 battle droids (see Forged in Battle).

Spanner takes a few shots at the cluster of droids, taking out one for his troubles.   Apparently something he hit confused the targeting systems on the lead droid, and it sent instructions down the chain to change targets, before finally fading out in a shower of sparks.

Jumping over, Akua yells as she twirls her saber, cutting down a few cortosis battle droids, her eyes now set on targetting these dangerous new weapons. However, the female was unable to head back, due to a slight sprain in her foot from the fall earlier, the female now facing the droids alone.

Bring it on tin cans.

The female smirked.

Posted (edited)

The lead B2 battle droid jerks up violently from the shot by spanner, its wrist blaster spraying into the air. The others follow suit as the probe droids suddenly find themselves under attack from their own allies. Two of the droids are torn from the sky by the blaster fire, smashing into the ground around Slugger. The B2's however are quick to rectify their aim, lowering their arms to point at the clones once again. 

The cortosis battle droids turn their attention to the attacking jedi. Firing at her this close to the jedi, several shots pass dangerously close to being fatal. Still, the commander was on her feet facing off against the enemy. With luck, the clones in the squad would be able to aid her against the seemingly endless droids. 

Despite the destruction of some of the probe droids, the others continue to the attack on the defending squad. This time the droids circle around CT-7472's head, firing down on him from above. Though the shots smash into the ground and not into the clone, the attack is enough to shift his focus away from the main attackers. 

B2 Battle Droid Combat Check: 3eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 1 Triumph

p--.pngp-tr.pngp-a-a.pnga-s-s.pngd-f-th.pngd-th.pngDoes 9 base damage to the probe droids. Triumph spent to inflict critical hit.

Cortosis Battle Droid Combat Check: 3eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.pngp-s-a.pngp--.pnga-s-s.pngd-f-th.pngd-f-th.pngs-f.pngDoes 9 base damage to Akua, threat spent to suffer strain (@player3333902 don't forget you do have parry)

Probe Droid Combat Check: 2eP+1eA+1eD+1eS 2 failures, 3 advantage
p-a-a.pngp--.pnga-a-a.pngd-f-f.pngs-th.pngSpends advantage to inflict setback dice on CT-7472's next check.

Edited by Rabobankrider

Gunslinger draws one of his pistols, and fires at the super battle droids closing in. Pew pew. Sending one down, the others move to go around, further interfering with their fellow clankers. "For the Republic!"

The sergeant goes to draw his other pistol, and prepares to make a final stand. 

Draws pistol, aims (2 Strain for 2nd maneuver) + fires (Squad 2): 3eP+1eB+1eD+1eS 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph

p-tr.pngp-s-s.pngp-a-a.pngb--.pngd-th.pngs--.png

Advantage to pass a Boost, Triumph to Upgrade Cortosis Droid attacks.

Slugger looks at his squad, at the commander all preparing for the worst, were they all going to fall at the hands of the separatists? No! He wasn’t having it, Slugger aimed the heavy repeater he was stationed at toward the group in front of the Commander and shouts at into the comms. “Oy Blindfold! GET DOWN!!” A deadly volley of blaster fire fells five of the six droids surrounding the commander and a resounding “Booyah!” Can be heard trough each squad members earpiece as the fifth droid falls.

Eeek!

Akua yelped as she ducked under the fire, hoping she would not be hit by any. Luck seemed to be on her side as Slugger’s skill with the gun caused nothing to harm the female.

Thanks Sluggy!

Watching the frankly inspirational display from his brothers, Trapper wheels around and fires on the probes above them with a roar. "You're not hurting anyone else today!" he shouts as he lets loose with a burst of blue plasma. The probe droids this time are not fast enough to dodge his gunfire, and all three are destroyed, one after the other. They smash into the floor with a loud bang as they erupt into flames. The only droids that were left were the B2 battle droids, still hampered by the crater formed by Gunslinger. Surely it would not take the squad long to deal with them. 

Trapper Combat Check: 1eP+2eA+1eD 3 successes, 1 advantage

p-s-a.pnga-s.pnga-s-a.pngd-th.pngDoes 12 base damage to the probe droids, advantage spent recover 1 strain.

You’re finished.

Akua smirked and declared as she twirled, her saber carving blue streaks through the air as she sliced at the droids, cleanly slicing all 3 of them in half, staying in a the pose for a moment for dramaticity before she stood up, deactivating her saber.

Phew... Good job everyone!

She then smiled and yelled, throwing her hands in the air.

Finally the exhausted squad are able to relax. The enemy is defeated, and the temple is safe. They have pulled off a truly heroic, something worthy of the republic army elite forces. This would surely shine a good light on the squad, and in fact on the 712th assault battalion. As they look up to the sky they see three LAAT/I gunships rushing down towards the temple. Hovering a little way from the ground a large contingent of Corouscant guardsmen. They rush to the temple entrance to secure the location (a little late admittedly), while masters Windu and Kenobi hop down from their transport.

They both walk towards the squad, glancing around as they survey the damage and destruction. Master Windu would crouch down and pick up one of th B1 droids by the arm, causing it to snap of the torso. He raises an eyebrow as he looks up at the squad and his trusted Padawan. "It would seem we sent the right team for the job" he would state, a hint of amusement in his voice. 

"Indeed" Kenobi would agree with a smile as he pats Spanner on the shoulder. "You have really done an excellent job here. Without you the temple may very well have been overrun". 

Glancing up Obi-Wan leaves the squad, hurrying the to the temple entrance. Exiting the huge building is a young boy, not much older than Akua. He had a Padawan braid in his head and was dressed in black and brown robes. He was limping a little and held his inactive lightsaber in his hand. Obi-Wan begins to talk to the injured Padawan but is out of hearing from the squad. 

Mace Windu would turn back to the squad with a more sombre look. "It would seem that one of Dooku's acolytes made it into the temple, we don't know why yet, but whatever it was for, it cannot be good". He moves through the squad to face his Padawan, looking down at her with a thoughtful look. "I am glad to see that your training did not fail you Padawan". He would pause, a slight look of confusion coming over his face. He glances between Gunslinger and Akua before speaking, "Though I do sense some conflict within you. Perhaps some meditation will help you". He would reach into a pouch in his belt, and produce a small greenish item, and would press it into Akua's hand. "This was a gift from an old friend, now it is yours". Looking down at the item Akua would see what looks like a nest of metallic serpents, all intertwined together. They seem to be biting each other tails, holding them in place interlinking them with a complex pattern. "This puzzle is a relic of the past, used to test those strong in the force. They say it has the power to give those who can complete the puzzle the power to see the future. Do not waste it Padawan".

He would sigh a little as he steps back "Unfortunately, jedi padawn Tar was injured during the battle, and will not be re-joining you troopers. For this reason, I will be sending my own Padawan, Akua Serendine with you". Nodding at his Padawan Windu would continue "You have proven today Padawan that you no longer need my supervision, at least for now. You still have much to learn, but I do not think you will learn what you need in the temple. I have faith in you, and I am confident that will make me proud".

The battalion and Cyclone squad had a little time to rest and recuperate on the planets surface. They had the night to themselves, for the most part. Those who were injured were seen to by the assortment of civilian medic volunteers, doing their bets to help the clones where needed. Some of the clones made their way to the bars to celebrate and commiserate their respective victories and losses. Some would seek out brothers from other squads, making sure they were alright while others were already preparing for the next engagement. There was already rumour of maybe a campaign medal being awarded to the defenders of Corouscant because of the importance of the planetary defence. A civilian by the name of Rom Mohc was already being touted as the hero of the battle, though there was no mention of the clones or jedi's sacrifice. This kind of thing was more often than not typical of the republic media. 

Mace Windu Sense Check: 5eP+2eC+1eD+4eF 5 successes, 1 advantage, 3 Light Side, 2 Dark Side

p-s-a.pngp-s-s.pngp-s.pngp-s.pngp-s-a.pngc-f.pngc--.pngd-th.pngf-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ls-ls.png[/spolier]

Akua’s face lit up at the praise, her hand reaching up to nervously twirl her hair.

Thank you Master! 

The female would chirp after her Master had finished, bowing deeply to him.

I promise I won’t let you down!

She beamed, her face fill of joy and pride.

That night, Akua wanted to spend some time with her squadmates and waited quietly outside the clone barracks, her hands behind her back as she hummed a song to herself, swaying slightly as she waited, looking up at the night sky.

Slugger was loading his new backpack with all the spare ammo for his Martha that he could find. "Always pays to be prepared doesn't it." He says announcing to his squamates in the barracks, "Hey Gunslinger stop worrying over that scar on your face, Blindfold will still like you after this!" He says joking at his brother's expense.

Gunslinger scowls good-naturedly at the ribbing, but even that slight movement turns into a grimace, as the still-fresh wound threatens to reopen beneath the tape. Their unlikely survival has the sergeant puzzling over his next move. Tossing the manuals on his rack, he stands. No tactics in there that will help me with this.. what was I thinking.. the Commander..? 

He steps outside, and of course, there she is. "Sir! um.. Commander Serendine.. Akua, that is.. If I was out of line.." Catching her almost playful expression, he suddenly remembers what so attracted him to the young woman in the first place. No backing down now. "We're heading out to see some more of this marvelous city, if you would care to join us?" We?

The clone stops himself from reaching up self-consciously to touch the suture tape crisscrossing his brow. Looking at her face, he can somehow sense the pride radiating from their Commander's expression, and can't help but smile and let some of his own pride show as well. "Come on, sir. We've earned a night out."

Akua giggled slightly as she tilted her head and nodded.

Mhm!

She beamed as she twirled.

Let’s go have some fun! 

She beamed. Upon seeing the scar, her smile became slightly sad.

I’m sorry...

she said softly as she gently touched the wound.

Spanner sighs heavily after the final droid falls.   He takes off his helmet, rubbing his hand across his sweaty face to clear it, and takes a few deep breaths of the air.   Without much fanfare, he finds a nearby pillar at the steps of the temple, and takes a seat to rest.

Finding Spanner after the battle Slugger approaches him with a laser sight that would fit into his Z-6 rotary cannon, “Spanner, Brother, you mind helping me attach this sight I found. It’s rare to find one that works with a Rotary Cannon like Martha so I don’t want to mess it up.” He asks hoping the answer would be yes.

7472 spends most of his time writing a report on the action he saw, as the only known survivor of his old squad. He logs the casualties, then roams around the camp for a bit, nursing a flask of cheap liquor. He feels out of place in this camp, among clones he hardly knows. He finds a relatively quiet spot to sit and enjoy his drink as much as he can, watching the other clones celebrate the recent victory.

Akua and Gunslinger find their way down to the mid levels of the city planet. It is effectively the heart of this world, a constant bustle of life and activity. Today is no different, though it is quieter than usual. This sector of the planet was largely untouched by the battle, but many citizens were not ready to emerge from safety yet. The majority of people they saw as they approached the bars and cantina's were fellow clone troopers and non-clone auxiliary members. Since the start of the war, many of these places had quickly become the domain of the clone troopers on leave, or the Corouscant guard looking to escape the drudgery of breaking up riots and hunting thieves.

The pair is washed in a myriad of bright flashing lights and loud alien noises emanating from doorways and huge floating advertisements. It was like nothing either of them had seen. Even when celebrating, Gunslinger had been confined to the dull barracks of Kamino, and Akua didn't exactly have easy access to alcohol in the temple. 

Gunslinger sees a bar that he had heard some of the veterans visiting Kamino speak about, a popular joint called 'The Bucket Head' (renamed after the clones claimed it as their own). A couple of naval officer stumble out, laughing raucously as they bump their way past the pair. 

Going inside they see they see many clones drinking and dancing their night away. Many are from the guard, but there are a few from the 712th battalion. For a moment the clone fancies that he can see Colonel Zombie at a sabbac table, but when he looks a second time the seat is empty.

The two have a good night, full of stories and laughter, but also some sombre moments as they remember those lost in the fight. The former commander; Anler, who knows how badly injured he had been, it must be serious if he wasn't re-joining them. Doc had fallen defending the civilians as they fled, and no one had even found his body. Mynock had been transferred back to his original unit somewhere in the battalion. Not only that but so many of those that they had trained with had fallen defending the capital. 

When the two do finally emerge from the bar, they are left squinting into the sun. They must have lost track of time, but it was time to head back to the barracks that they had been housed, and quickly. It would not look good for a sergeant and a Padawan turning up out of the blue after being who knows where. 

Meanwhile at the barracks, both Slugger and Spanner spend a large portion of the evening hunched over one of the few workbenches that the engineers used to repair equipment. Having been left with Slugger's cannon and Gunslingers pistols, they have plenty of work to do. Unfortunately with the time to make the modifications to the cannon, they are rushed to work on the pistols and are unable to finish the job properly. 

As they work, they hear the comings and goings of the clones behind them in the main quarters. They hear a little laughter and the low rumble and chatter of their brothers. For the most part however there is quiet as the clones rest and recuperate. Those that had not gone into the other levels of the planet did not really feel like celebrating. It was quiet and mostly deserted, with many of the Corouscant guardsmen working well into the night to help those repair the city and help the citizens who had fled. Most of the soldiers present are brothers from their own battalion. 

Before they turn in for the night they see a few familiar faces, including the members of Aacklay squad huddled in one corner, but here and there they see other faces of those they have trained with. There is a sense of tension, and perhaps a little depression as the quiet sinks over the barracks. They would also see the guardsman that they had fought alongside, sat alone with a small flask. They hadn't even gotten his name in the chaos. 

Akua smiled as she stretched.

Well, that was fun.

She smiled as she turned towards Gunslinger.

Thank you for accompanying me.

She then said as she walked beside the male, gently leaning on him.

The walk home seems otherworldly to the young sergeant, and indeed, it is a far cry from the water world of Kamino. The clone could be forgiven for viewing his evening out with Akua Serendine as surreal, but juxtaposing it with the violence of the day, it is difficult to reconcile all the strong emotions within.

Gunslinger leans into the commander, placing an intimate hand on the small of her back, then gently separates. "Unless you sustained a grievous wound on the dance floor, you mustn't lean against me so." In truth, they are both still nursing injuries from battle, but they are the lucky ones. "We should at least maintain some semblance of appearances, until I earn that field commission." He winks, knowing such battlefield promotions are rarely bestowed upon the clone ranks. 

As they approach the barracks, Gunslinger spies the Coruscant Guard who had aided the Cyclones in the temple defense. He had acquitted himself well out there... The sergeant feels a twinge of guilt, for his own enjoyment of the night, following a day filled with such heavy loss. This night, I lived enough for all my brothers who did not have the chance. 

Gunslinger takes a seat next to the guard, and just sits quietly with him for a spell, knowing new orders will be coming with the breaking day.

7472 offers a swig of his flask to Gunslinger, breaking the silence after a few moments.

"You lead your men well. They're a tough unit. I wouldn't have guessed it was their first mission from the way they acquitted themselves out there."

Akua pouted.

And what if I did...

she said.

Or what if I just... wanted to be close to you.

the female then whispered to herself, seeing the male walk away. She then turned and headed back to the temple, wanting to report to Master Windu

Songbird it’s good to see Ackalay survived the battle.” Slugger would say as be approached their rivals from academy. Slugger was somber as he didn’t realize in the chaos of yesterday that Doc was gone. “We lost quite a few brothers in battle, are you all intact. I don’t see Law.” Slugger says trying to make small talk with his former academy rival.

Songbird would look up from where he was hunched over. Judging by the black rings around his eyes, he hadn't slept. "He's with the doc's, intensive care. He was helping extract civilians from a building when those new shiny clankers came down on us. I was covering the front, I should have taken them, but I missed the shot". These last words were choked as the trooper looks back at the ground. "They think he's going to lose his arm, because I messed up". It was as if all the cheek and spirit had been kicked out of him. The rest of the squad didn't look I much better state. Poison had his arm in a sling, Cloud had a bandage covering one eye and even Grorr had a huge black mark in the centre of his armour from what looked like an explosion. "Who'd you lose? Songbird would ask".