Jump to content
Rabobankrider

Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad IC

Recommended Posts

While waiting for the Cyclones to reply, Akua scans the area.

Lieutenant, can you make a second barricade from the scrap that is tall enough for the clones to hide behind? And I want gun holes in the barricade which allow the clones to hide and shoot. Any grenades should be used on the droid force too. Are there any tanks or other big guns? Are there any remaining machine guns or cannons with us? Scrapper, do you think you can set up some traps and gun emplacements too? If you can set some traps behind this current line, we can retreat behind the second barricadeand let the droids spring our traps.

Edited by player3333902

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spanner glances around when she says Scrapper, momentarily assuming she was speaking to another trooper.  "It's Spanner sir, but yes I think I can manage that."  He proceeds to busy himself with his tools and the various bits of debris, to start working on improving their defensive positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Take out the droid leader, eh..? 

The squad leader considers Commander Akua's orders, and the idea appeals to him. Not that it matters...

"Mynock, nice work! Soon as that barrier is complete, I need you to intercept enemy comms, try to find where the orders are coming from. Can you do that, using one of the scrapped clankers?" 

Gunslinger approaches the shaken Lieutenant, offering a sharp salute, hoping the familiar routine will help him remember his responsibilities. "Sir. I'm putting together a small team to take out the droid leaders. With your permission, I'd like to recruit volunteers from your ranks?" 

Maybe eliminating the clankin' brass was their best hope at undermining this horrific attack?

"C'mon, Slugger, we're going hunting!"

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'I'm only a sergeant commander' the clone would correct, but would hurriedly brush over it as there are more important things at hand. 'We may be able to make a second barricade sir, but we'd risk slowing the evacuation, or even trapping our men and the civilians between the two. Our orders were to try and avoid damage to the civilian areas, so we were told not to use grenades. The droids don't seem to have any heavy weapons or vehicles, only those blasted new droids! We called for reinforcements a while ago, but the gunner teams were diverted to the jedi temple'.

As the sergeant hears the plan to try and get behind the advancing droids he would make a recommendation. 'If you want to get behind the droids, you may be able to make your way through the towers. You may be spotted but it's the best way around the clankers'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Akua crossed her arms, going into a thinking pose as she tilted her head slightly. Her lack of eyes made her seem like she was staring off into soace as she thought.

 

Hrmmmmm... I can really only think of getting the commander, disrupt their orders and take them out in the confusion... 

she sighed.

Sergeant, can I trust you and a small group of clones to get these civilians out of here? If we can, I’ll authorise the use of grenades and that way, we can fight back more efficiently...

She then turned to Gunslinger.

May the force be with you.

She smiled warmly as she gently patred his shoulder.

Please come back safely...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Gunslinger glances again at the clone, wondering how he'd missed that, and sure enough.. his stripes were green like his own, not the blue of an LT. "Should've just accepted the field commission and ran with it, Sarge." 

Unsurprised at the Sergeant's refusal of support, Gunslinger decides to accept it and move on. Our primary objective here is evacuation, after all.. 

"Slugger. Cover me. I'm going to slip through the barrier and bring back a scrapper for Mynock to toy with. After that, we'll make our way through the towers." 

Gunslinger turns, at the voice of their Commander, and her touch upon his pauldron. "Thank you, Sir, but I don't need the force. I have Slugger. And he has Martha. May the force be with you." 

With that, he moves toward the forward barrier, and prepares to surreptitiously breach it. The Force.. maybe.. Luck's gotta change.. 

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Mynock aids creating an extra set of defensive barriers using the adjacent cityscape's scrap and debris, the clone pauses to listen to Gunslinger. "I can certainly try, Sir. That is, if we don't have a more qualified slicer for the job" he replies. Other than reading about decryption and intercepting communications in holobooks, the clone never attempted such a task in his sim training. Regardless, Mynock would immediately return to creating barrier defenses for his squadmates until a scrapped clanker was presented before him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sergeant would shake his head as he looks back over at the soldiers battling to keep the civilians from scattering while trying to hold back the metal tide. 'We're barely managing with the men we have sergeant. Sorry but I can't help you. My orders are to evacuate the civs and then make a fighting retreat out of the level'.

The sergeant would turn to face the commander next. 'With this number of civilians, in this situation it's going to take most of my men to do this'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The female giggled at Gunslinger’s comment, before turning to face the sergeant.

I see... hmmmmm... 

The miraluka’s “eyes” look around.

Is someone able to radio the upper levels for assistance? If someone can get through to Commander Fox, we should be able to get some help. For now, just hold out as best as you can.

She said before drawing her lightsaber.

I trust you with the civilian evacuation and backup sergeant.

She smiled before running forward to the front, lightsaber snapping ablaze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When these guys throw up a barrier, they do it right! 

Finding no way to slip through, or around, Gunslinger opts for speed. Speed is safety! As Slugger nestles into an optimal firing position to cover him from, Gunslinger is assisted by several others to temporarily breach the line. When the small opening is complete, he acts fast.

The first droid he spots is completely fried, but he spies a more suitable prospect nearby. Comlink booster pack intact.. looks like a clean shot got it.. except for the missing legs... 

Dashing in, he grabs the droid by its one remaining arm, and proceeds to pull it back toward the barrier. Heavier than they look, even without the legs.. 

He hears Slugger's cannon, and trusts him to have his back; no sidestepping with a clanker in tow... 

The whole business takes only seconds, but Gunslinger's tank-grown heart is racing. Lurching through the breach with his prize, he hopes his little adventure proves worth the risk he had taken.

 "Thanks, Slug!"

"Verge, See what you can do with this? Find its orders, and trace them to the source, if you can?" 

Catching his breath, he looks up at the towers, plotting their next steps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'We've been trying commander, but they don't know when they can get reinforcements to us'. He would not to Akua as she runs ahead, taking a heavy sigh as he straightens back up. Talking into his com, he begins to have clone soldiers herd the frightened civilians into the lift, but as the soldiers are drawn away from the defence, it means that the droids advance will only be faster. 

The advancing droids would look as surprised as a droid can to see the clone sergeant sprinting out from behind the shifted piece of sheet metal. 'Hey, he's not one of us, blast him! The droids would try to cut him down as he drags the body across the floor, but they are too slow or too inaccurate. Gunslinger is back behind the barrier before they know it. 'Advance!' one of the droids shouts as they continue their march, it won't be long before they are overrunning the barrier, the clones and the civilians if something isn't done soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a moment, Mynock pauses in confusion by the sudden new nickname Gunslinger greets to him. "Ah, must be some new Republic slang on Coruscant " he thought, semi caught off guard. Trying to quickly reciprocate, "You got it Verge-slinger! Now, lets see if we can locate the central control computer's host" Mynock replies, hoping he understood the proper slang usage. Couching behind the barricade for cover, the clone began slice into the interior of the B1 droid's head. "Lets at the very least intercept their Commander's orders.." he thought, playing with the droid's internal comlink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Mynock sets to work on the metallic droid corpse there was a lot of cracking ans fizzing from the electronics of the internals. A fuzzy looking holo projection emerges from a port in the back of the head, but does not show any image yet. He can hear some garbled sounds coming from it, but beyond that there is still work to be done.

The blaster fire overhead becomes more intense as the droids soldier on, tearing into the clones and the barrier that they were hunkered down behind. 'They're breaking through!' one of the clones would shout as he knocks one of the endless droids off of its feet with a well placed shot. 

A wave of B1 battle droids marched forwards in close formations, filling the street with the clank of metal feet and the irregular sound of their gunfire. Unthinking and unflinching they bare down on the defenders and the civilians.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gunslinger finds a perch from which he can fire over the barrier, yet still duck down when it gets too hot. He finds himself distracted again, however, by the new Commander. Not so much her mystique, this time, but rather her seeming disregard for her own safety... Whereas Anler would deftly swat the incoming fire aside.. she seemed to be wading right into it..?!  

The incredulous Sergeant turns back to the task at hand, but his pistols have little effect.

 
 

Dice Roller

Roller Edgehawk
Character Gunslinger
Campaign Cyclone Squad
Description Ranged light, short range, aim, firing over barrier
Results 3eP+1eB+2eD1 failure, 1 threat [3eP=S/A, -, -] [1eB=-] [2eD=F/Th, F/Th]
p-s-a.pngp--.pngp--.pngb--.pngd-f-th.pngd-f-th.png

Copy pasta: link bbcode

(suffers 1 Strain)

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take this you evil droid!

Akua yells and swings her saber and trips on a rock at the same time, her swing going wide.

Kyaaaaaa!

She exclaimed as she quickly rightened herself and leapt back to cover.

Phew...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Waah!' one of the droids would cry as it is torn apart by the plasma bolts fired by Slugger. Those near by would be quick to follow, but the remainder of the squad would be quick to fire back at the squad and their commander. Fortunately the barrier defends them as the droids march fowards, the red bolts smashing into the metal and masonry that made the barrier. Still though the droids marched on. 

B1 Battle Droid Squad 1 Combat Check: 1eP+1eA+1eD+2eS 0 successes, 1 threat


p--.pnga-s-a.pngd-th.pngs-f.pngs-th.pngUses maneuver to move to engaged range of barrier, takes 1 strain from threat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're gonna breach. Hope Spanner has some nasty surprises waiting for them! 

"Spanner, You ready?"

The Commander seems a bit lost. This can't be her first action, too, can it?  

"Commander Akua. Stick with me, Sir. We'll rout these clankers!" And somehow he means it.. but there are a lot of battle droids closing in on their position. "Soon as the civvies are clear, we'll call in air support."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...