Rabobankrider

Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad IC

The clone-pilot nods, "Clear skies, clear skies" he responds, confused towards the war situation. "What sort of assault doesn't have any trace of air support?" he questions, unaware of what to expect.  "Lets see if we can find us a shortcut" Mynock announces, knowing very well he's never been on this planet. As the gunship pushes into the lower atmospheric depths of Coruscant, the vast cityscape magnifies and mountainous skyscrapers come into view. Attempting to make more time, the LAAT/i rapidly descends further towards the surface buzzin' between the upper planetary structures. Briefly scanning the sensors as he pilots, Mynock notices possibly faster route to the land-site. Rapidly taking the path he chose, he visually notices two burdensome monolith structures which obstruct his would-be shortcut. "Oh, come on! Yeah, lets just build these gargantuan towers right here because uhhh that makes sense! Flippin' Coruscant Engineers" he shouts in frustration, taking a hard turn to avoid them.

As the gunship rapidly soars around the monolithic structures, without any trouble, Mynock realigns its trajectory to the land site. The LAAT/i gradually descends altitude closer to the cityscape. Making good time, the clone announces "We're approaching the landing zone, boys. ETA Three Galactic Minutes". Still noticing no enemy craft on the sensors, he becomes even more curious as to why the battalion was called to Coruscant. Suddenly, cruising through some mild turbulence, Mynock adjusts the LAAT/i's engine flow to the appropriate descent rate of the repulsorcraft. Still experiencing minor downdraft microbursts due to the pressure changes, the gunship begins to land.

Doc tightened his right hand on the grip of the blaster rifle he was carrying. This wouldn't be the sims in Kamino anymore.

Would it go the way we were taught...or not?

The events that would unfold would answer that question.

Edited by satkaz

A well place shot from CT-8675 hits the spinning droid with a dull metal clang. The whine it had been giving off turned into an ear wrenching screech as it skitters across the square. It hits a wall opposite 75 and cracks open with a small explosion. Shards of metal are scattered everywhere as the gunfire falls silent. After a moment the squad emerges from cover carefully, unsure as to how safe they are.   'Good shot trooper the sergeant' would say as he moves out of hiding. CT-8675 would receive a couple of pats on the shoulder from other troopers for his troubles. 

'Setback, how're you doing? the Sergeant would ask the injured soldier as he goes to check on him, concern in his voice. 

'I'm alright Sergeant Thire' he would grunt as he rubs the burn mark on his chest. 'I think I just got a little close back there'.

'You think' Thire would say as he leans forward to examine the injury. 'Well, it doesn't look fatal, I think you'll be ok, just watch yourself'.

As this was going on, there was a low rumbling noise in the sky as an LAAT/i emerged overhead. 'Looks like we're getting some reinforcements' Thire would shout over the noise of the engine. 'Clear the square! Make some space for them!'

A low pitch reverberating rumble echoes from the gunship as it lands nearby the Coruscant Guard. Soon as the repulsorcraft lightly touches down on the site, the LAAT/i's side doors instantaneous merge open. Mynock turns back towards the Anler and shouts, "Touchdown Commander! Welcome to Coruscant, Cyclones". With the thrusters still softly humming, the clone patiently awaits further orders.

As 8675 dives around the corner, he seizes the opportunity to show off his skills. He pulls his blaster pistol from his side and takes a shot at the droid skipping around blasting without control.

The shot dinks the droid straight in the lens and is just enough to take it out. 8675 spins his pistol in his hand then blows the smoke coming from the barrel.

"Anything else that needs to be blasted?" 8675 says laughing as he puts his blaster back into his holster approaching the rest of his squad.

Edited by Quigonjinnandjuice
Spelling correction

"This is it, Brothers- the big city." City-planet?! Gotta be better than a water planet... "Slugger, with me." 

Gunslinger disembarks and immediately scans the unfamiliar surroundings. Just like the urban sims.. but so much.. taller. Seeing Slugger position himself to cover the rest of the Cyclones, he calls them out: "Clear, Commander. Cyclones, Let's go! And don't forget to look up." 

Anler watches what appears to be a very chaotic firefight on the ground as the gunship comes in for a landing. As they touch down he stands ready in the doorway. If there is a firefight down there someone might get the bright idea to take a pot shot at the incoming gunship, so he keeps his unlit lightsaber in his hand, bracing himself with his other hand.

The gunship shudders as it touches down and Anler immediately jumps down on the ground. "Cyclones, move out. Let's go find out what's going on down here," he says, a little annoyed that Akua didn't respond to his questions. Perhaps the forces down here have their hands full. He does see the other Padawan and a group of clones, one of them managing to gun down what appeared to be a rampaging utility droid.

He runs towards Akua, not waiting for the squad to debark. "Commander," he says, using the title most Padawans are given when in command of clone troopers. "What is going on here, and how should we deploy our battalion to maximum effect?"

Spanner exits the ship, and takes a look around the place.  A planet-size city.  He thought to himself.  The sheer scale of such a level of engineering nearly boggled his mind.  So many places for a cascade failure.  Disregarding that bit of trivia for later, he draws his pistol and moves forward with the rest of the squad.

Seeing the other group approaching the massacre. 8675 waves them down giving them the signal that everything is okay.. For now.

He bows his head to the other padawan commander. "Commander Anler." 75 says giving a firm salute coming up from the bow. "Brothers." He says to the group of clones behind the commander. Giving them a salute to show his respect.

Hey Anler. 

Akua smiled as she made a victory sign with her fingers.

Sorry for missing your message. We were in abit of a... situation.

Akua laughed as she rubbed her hair.

Well, for now as we don't know the exact numbers of ambushers and stuff, I would say squads of 10? Enough to handle themselves but also not big enough to lose alot of people if they get ambushed. Though I'll never let anyone die. 

Akua smiled at her clones warmly.

As the vessel sets down on the ground sergeant Thire would jog across to join the newcomers. He would offer Anler a quick salute before speaking. 'Sir, welcome to Corouscant, I'm sorry it's not under better circumstances. The attack seems to have been carried out by a modified courier droid, we may be looking at more. If that's the case they could be scattered all over this sector, or it could just be this one, we haven't been able to find out more yet. The other squads haven't reported anything yet either'.

He would sigh as he looks back at the death, the devastation. 'An attack like this, it must be the Separatists. No criminal gang would be this ruthless. We nearly lost Setback as well to that clanker'. As he says this he would gesture to the injured clone. 'Could you have your medic patch him up? If we have more fighting to do we're gonna need all the help we can get'.

Doc pulls out of the LAAT weapons ready.

"Roger that, Commander," he says, moving forward with his weapon at the ready.

As the squad gets to the others, Doc notices the wounded clone on the ground.

"I can take a look at him, Commander."

"Permission to survey the area, sir?" 8675 asks sergeant Thire, giving him a salute. Thire gives him a nod and off 75 goes.

After checking out the carnage, 8675 determines that it was a large group of droids that did this to the civilians.

75 approaches Thire and the rest of the squad. "From what I can see, it looks like nearly 20 droids caused this havoc. Let's make sure to be prepared for anything." 

75 checks his equipment, and draws his grenade launcher."Maybe we'll actually need these bad boys." 75 places his hand on his cartridge of ion grenades.

" Commander, with respect naming a Clone trooper Bomb isn't the best idea. A name like that could be confusing in the wrong situation. Miscommunication is the last thing you want in a tense situation. If he likes explosives I'd suggest Boom." Slugger would say while still surveying the area, his focus was on keeping his brother's and his two commanders safe.

While the clones survey the area and tend to the wounded, Anler gets out his comlink and shares what little he now knows with Major Zombie, allowing the more experienced leader to decide how to deploy the rest of the clones. He does tell the Major that it would be wise to keep a strong force of clones airborne in the gunships as a rapid response force, to reinforce clones that have come under attack or to deploy where civilians are in danger.

Once he's done, he finds Akua again. "We should move on, try to find more of those modified droids and stop them. Have you had any reports of attacks in the area?"

As Mynock jumps out on the Commander's orders, he over hears the Coruscant Guard mention twenty or so droids wrecking havoc on civilians. Mentally preparing for battle, it wasn't until he witnessed a seemingly blind female Jedi attempt to name the guard did his focus shift. Not realizing it was indeed a joke itself, he represses a deep need for laughter as he rushes around to the blind-side of the LAAT/i to hide his reaction. Not militaristically seeing the association between a bomb and grenade launcher, he begins to internally tells himself jokes of the Coruscant Guard all having disassociated names due to a blind Jedi naming them all. As his ribs tighten from holding back his laughter, he accidentally bursts out cackle! Unable to controllable stop initially, he coughs "Atmospheric adjustment! Cough" hidden from view.

Thankful his helmet hide his joyful laughter, he continues to loop around the LAAT/i the long way, announcing "LAAT/i secured, Commander" as he arrives towards the backside of the group. Once Anler mentions Cyclone should move out, he replies "Sir. Yes, Sir!".

Edited by Vergence

Akua's cheeks puff out for a moment as she glares at Slugger before she starts to laugh. 

Heehee, that might cause confusion. How about Boom then?

Akua smiled at 75 as she asked.

While the two clone squads gather and greet each other in the dark underbelly of the planet, Spanner sets to work on accessing the droids memory banks. After a few minutes of hard work there is a ping from somewhere in the droid, and a holo projection springs forward. The projection flickers and for a moment shorts out before returning. Unfortunately the audio of the footage is badly scrambled, making it difficult to understand what is being said.  

The image shows a Skakoan, easily recognisable as the infamous Wat Tambor. 'Assassin droids, you are being sent to Couruscant - sow as much destruction as you can amongst the civ - distraction - battle droids will march on - Wipe the jedi out - Trenox will deal with -' Wit that the recording cut short. It may not have been much, but there were a few useful scraps of information there that the soldier could use. 

Doc places the backpack down near the wounded soldier and started to check on the wounds. Fearing that rushing ahead without information would make treatment worse, Doc waited until the pack gave out its diagnostic. From the wound, it looked like a simple blaster wound, but it could be something else.

Spanner fiddles with the guts of the droid, hunkered down on one knee.  As it begins to play out the recording, he watches it from his kneeling position.  "So, two different groups of hostiles, at least.  Assassin squad to provide a distraction, implying we shouldn't be here right now.  And battle droids, loose in a city this size?"  He shakes his head at the level of destruction.  He glances around at the people who were already on site, and possibly locals, or at least stationed here longer than the 3 minutes he'd been.  "Anything unique happening today that might be the target?  A festival, or holiday kind of thing?  And would the Jedi be anywhere specifically, other than their HQ of course?  Seems like they are meant to be the target."