Rabobankrider

Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad IC

Akua grinned sheepishly as the clones looked at her. 

Hi boys. Glad to meet you all. Let's go out there and finish our mission ok? Make sure you all stay sharp and alert. I don't wanna hear anyone crying out for their moms ok? 

Akua joked as she felt slightly nervous looking at all the clones. 

There would be a low rumble of chuckling amongst the men. Sven would raise his hand to speak as the others get ready to move out. 'We don't have mothers commander, being clones and all'. Sven was not famed for understanding humour. 

'Alright boys, get a move on! Civilians are at risk and we are going into this blind' Fox would shout as he begins to shoo men out of the room. 'You with launchers, stop by the armoury for explosive rounds, but be fast about it! Keep half of your rounds non-lethal. If this is not the Sepi's I don't want civilian casualties!'

The garrison was equipped with a landing pad behind it that could launch the carriers that the guard would use to reach the lower levels. When the units were ready it was here they would be rushing to. From there the lower levels. These were by far the most dangerous regions of Corouscant. They were almost entirely populated by criminals and various dangerous entities. They could be in as much danger from the locals as much as whatever this disturbance is.

On 7/21/2018 at 12:04 AM, Rabobankrider said:

On the bridge, Anler and the trooper would emerge to see Zombie and a group of the captains and lieutenants who ran the battalion. They had circled around a large holo-table that was projecting two images onto its surface. These two images were both people, the first a Corouscant Guard commander, the second was a young adult dressed in the robes of a jedi. He had a neatly trimmed beard and fair brown hair that reached his shoulders. 

'Ah An-, Commander' Zombie would say as he looks up at the pair that walk through the door. 'This is General Kenobi and Commander Fox. They're contacting us from Corouscant'.

'Thank you major' the jedi would say from the table. 'Padawan, there have been signs of a serious disturbance in the lower levels of Corouscant. We have been receiving reports of violence and droids malfunctioning'.

'It may be the Separatists, but at this stage we cannot be sure' the clone commander would add. 'I am sending the local garrison to investigate, but with the protests on the planet we are stretched thin'.

'You and your battalion are the closest unit in the sector' Ob-Wan would add. 'We need you and your men to head to Corouscant, and assist the Corouscant Guard with investigating the situation and evacuating the civilians to a safer location'.

Anler bows slightly to the Jedi Master as he sees who is giving the briefing via holo-transmission, but he remains silent, listening to the briefing intently. 

"Yes, Master," Anler says, once Obi-Wan has finished outlining the mission. "The men are a fresh batch off Kamino, but that just means they are motivated and eager to prove themselves. Do we have points of entry for the battalion?"

He thinks for a moment. "I don't like the idea of sending the clones in blind. May I suggest I take a squad and link up with the locals immediately to investigate while the rest of the battalion gets ready for deployment? I know my Cyclones and they will be ready for action by the time I get to the hangar."

Sven, 88. Over here!

Akua yelled from her gunship. As she made space for the 2, she was also busy scrolling through the reports given by witnesses. 

What do you two think?

She asked, passing over the datapad. 

Commander Fox would turn to gesture to a hologram that showed a cross section of a portion of Corouscant. 'This is the sector that seems to be suffering from the disturbance, specifically here in the lower levels, near the Jedi Temple' he would say as he points at a point near the base of the map. 'The quickest way to reach an open area big enough to land several of your troop transports. It's as close to the sight of the reports as you can get without going on foot'.

Master Obi-Wan would bring a hand to his chin as he considers the proposal from Anler. 'Hm, good idea padawan. It would help reduce the chance of panic with the civilians. The Corouscant Guard are currently on their way to investigate under the leadership of Padawan Serendine. You will be able to contact her when you reach Corouscant'.

On Corouscant the carriers would hurriedly take off as soon as the guards were loading on board. With a low hum about six LAAT/i's would streak across the dark Corouscant sky before sinking low between the hug skyscrapers. After a few minutes they sink into the dingy looking lower levels, home of the greatest concentration of crime and poverty on Corouscant. 

As the jedi passes the datapad with the reports on them to Sven he would take a moment to scan over them through his helmet before passing it to CT-8675. 'Rioters' he'd state. 'It can't be sepi's, how'd they get forces onto Corouscant? My bet is that it's just criminals or protesters trying to cause panic by getting violent'. The carrier could hold thirty soldiers, but this one only held ten soldiers, all clad in the same guard armour.

CT-8675 laughs at Sven's lack of humour. After the briefing has finished 8675 makes his way to the armory. Stocking up on a round of Ion Grenades, but keeping his round of non lethals loaded.

"I'm going to be fully prepared if the Seps try to pull anything with these droids down there.8675 says to the officer working the armory. 

After making his way to the landing pad. 8675 takes in his last bit of fresh air before making their way down below the upper levels.

Going over the data pad with Commander Akua and Sven, 8675 can't believe this is only a civilian riot.

"I don't know for sure if this is a Seperatist plot, or if the civilians are just being rebellious. What I do know is that whatever happens down there, we will be ready and we will bring justice to whoever is causing this trouble." 

After a moment, 8675 puts his helmet back on and prepares himself for the action.

'Spoken like a true trooper' one of the clones hanging onto the rail above him would laugh in response to CT-8675's response. 

'Yeah! Let's do this!' another would shout before the lights int he back of the carrier flicker red, bathing the passengers in its ominous glow. 

'Alright boys' the sergeant would growl through his helmet, 'red light, ready up!' The carrier would be filled for a moment with the click of weapon catches and the scuff of armour as safeties were removed and the armour was refitted. 

The carriers engine would lower to a low hum as it comes to a halt, hovering a little off the ground. The light flicks green and the door slides open. 'Green light, go go go!' The sergeant would shout as the squad hops out of the carrier. They had been dropped onto a landing platform in the lower levels it seemed. The sky was dark, almost invisible between the buildings. Looking over the edge of the platform the soldiers and jedi could clearly see the vast expanse of power relays and all manner of technical equipment that sustain the city world. The level was eerily quiet, no sign of attackers or civilians. Ahead of them there was a number of residential buildings before them, and a street scattered with litter. 

'Where do we start sir?' the sergeant would say, addressing Akua. 

Ah, no need to call me sir. Akua will do. 

Akua smiled. 

I want everyone to be ready for any possible combat situations. For now, let's priorituse the areas that the reports say have the most rioting. Let's go boys.

Anler nods as he memorizes Obi-Wan’s orders. “Yes master, I will link up with Padawan Sedendine and help her assess the situation,” he says, bowing slightly to the Jedi Master. He turns to Major Zombie. “Major, I’ll head to the hangar and take Cyclone Squadron with me. Deploy the rest of the Battalion when the men are ready. By then I should have some more details about what’s going on and how they should deploy,” he says.

He then runs to the ship’s hangar, and activates his comms unit as he runs through the ship. “Cyclone Squadron, meet me in the hangar. We’re taking out a gunship ahead of the other guys. Bring full kit. I hope you like being first into action,” he says.

Once he has found a gunship that’s ready to depart and linked up with the Cyclones he gives them a short description of what he knows. “I’m sorry it’s not much of a briefing. I don’t like going in blind any more than you do. That’s why we’re going out while the rest of the Battalion prepares for full deployment, to find out what’s going on and how we can best tackle that. Remember, this is Coruscant, we don’t want to endanger any civilians. Any civilian casualties or excessive property damage will reflect badly on us all.”

OOC: As we fly in, Anler will commit his Force Dice to Sense, as he can't rule out the chance of the gunship coming under attack and wants to be ready.

Mynock's hand grips tightly his blaster as Anler mentions the enemy being at Coruscant. Previously being ready for Alderaan, the clone switches his focus onto protecting the Republic's capital. "Understood, Commander!" he states, rushing to the cockpit of the gunship. Mynock swiftly begins his routinely pre-flight check lists in preparation for Cyclone to enter the atmosphere. As he begins to power up the LAAT/i, loud music surprisingly blares in mid song over the speakers. Bobbing his head to the music, it appears Mynock and Spanner forgot to turn the speakers off from previously working on the gunship. Slow to turn off the music, he replies "Sorry, sorry. She was just warming up" referencing the LAAT/i.

"No property damage, understood." Slugger not skipping a beat heads to the gunnery seat on the right wing of the LAAT Gunship, "Well if it's Coruscant it's unlikely I'll be shooting this, but it's better to be prepared for anything." He said as he settles in place. "Mynock if we do get attacked by Vulture Droids, keep them to your right as much as possible." He would say to the groups comms.

"Roger that, Commander," Doc replied with a salute. "We'll have to check our fire, then."

Taking a look at the LAAT, Doc thought about where to go.

I did get some training in vehicles, but it's not like I got experience in heavy weaponry or co-piloting the-

The loud blare of music stopped his train of thought.

...Thanks, Mynock. That was loud. Guess I'll be taking somewhere away from the speakers for a while.

"I'll be taking a passenger seat then, I don't think I'd be of much use on a gunner and I'd think Spanner would be a better co-pilot, since he'd know his way around this LAAT."

The trip to Corouscant did not take long from Alderann. Before too long the great Star Destroyer would slow as it leaves hyperspace. As it does the squad would have a clear view of the planet outside of the hangers energy field, the city lights burning far away from them.

With Mynock ready to pilot the carrier one of the engineers wearing blue would begin to wave him out of the hanger with their glow rods.  The passengers in the back would be forced to stand using the rails above them for stability. As they are plunged into the vaccum of space the blast shields would seal themselves to protect them from the icy blackness outside. Before too long however the carrier would enter the atmosphere of Coruscant, and be bathed in the reddish light of the evening. It was probably now that they should contact the troops on the ground to locate their allies and see if anything had been uncovered. 

In the lower levels of the city, the guard squad would advance slowly through the streets in the direction of the sightings. They moved slowly with weapons raised as they stuck near the walls of the buildings, checking the alleys and shadows for possible signs of life. There were none. Eventually they would reach a clearing where the street widened into a square. It didn't show clearly on the maps they had been shown, but with the maze that made the lower levels this was not surprising. 

The square would be littered with trash like before, but here and there small fires burnt like in the aftermath of a battle. Speeders were scattered about as if they had been abandoned, and there was something else. The bodies. There were bodies of civilians everywhere, no less than twenty with gunshot wounds clearly visible. It had been a massacre, but what had caused it?

****!

Akua cursed as she saw the bodies. 

Form up closer, I want everyone on a code red alert! This is not just a riot anymore, treat it as a planned attack against the Republic.

Feeling the heavy irregular jolts of turbulence entering through the Coruscant atmosphere, a surge of adrenaline fills CT-6180's body. Mynock loudly speaks over the choppy noise of the craft "Wooooo! Loving it! Yeeeah! This is so much better than the sims! Haha!!" shouting towards Spanner, smiling widely beneath his helmet. "Any of those non-Republics popping on the sensors?" he questions, leading the LAAT/i towards the sent coordinates.

Edited by Vergence

Anler stands by the side door as the gunship takes off, gazing at the planet as they quickly descend towards the surface of Coruscant. The man-made marvel that is the capital of the Republic never ceases to amaze him with building floor numbering in the thousands and the traffic of airspeeders that can intimidate all but the worldliest pilots. Luckily the locals know to give navy gunships a wide berth so he isn’t worried about getting stuck or crashing into oncoming traffic.

As they descend and get closer to the tall buildings, he gets out his comlink and keys in the channel Obi-Wan had given him. “Padawan Serendine, this is Padavan Tar. I’ll be deploying ahead of the battalion with a squad of troops. Can we link up as soon as possible? What’s going on down there? We need more information before deploying our troops.”

Padawan Tar...? Oh Anler? 

Akua tilted her head, remembering the boy.

Sure we can link up. I would hope to too! We got civilian casualties here, who seem to be killed by heavy blaster fire, so when you land, make sure you're alert and stuff. Be ready for anything. 

The female said as she motioned for a trooper to pick up the droid they had seen. 

"Roger that," Anler replies. "Any sign of hostiles? Who killed those people?" The idea that the Separatists had somehow gotten troops to Coruscant undetected is preposterous, of course, but like all cities the droids on Coruscant outnumber the people at least five-to-one. If the Separatists have figured out a way to turn the working droids against the Republic that could spell disaster. Not only for the people on Coruscant and elsewhere, but also for the war effort. Automated systems and droids are crucial for the production of material for the war. If this is a Separate test to see if this kind of action is worthwhile they have to make sure that the results are negative.

After patrolling and finding nothing until reaching the massacred bodies.

8675 although a little shocked at what he sees, he remains fully alert. While searching the area for any clues 8675 happens upon a droid.

"Anyone know what this is?"

He waves over the commander and Sven. 

The squad of Corouscant Guard move slowly together, their rifles pointing out as they form a spiked circle to protect their backs. Their armour is bathed in the red light from above, giving the whole scene a garish and sickening look. 'Who would do this?' one of the men would mutter. 'Only an animal kills civilians like this'. As the squad is huddled together their commanders com would crackle, first with Gunslingers message and then with a fellow padawans. 

One of the guard is able to shift the rubble that had partially covered the droid with little trouble. The noise of metal and stone clattering against the floor however pierces the deathly silence of the area, making one of the squad members jump slightly. Although the droid is quite battered with a heavy dent in the metal, it seemed to be in relatively good condition. It looked like one of the millions of courier droids that travelled around the planet, they were seen everywhere on a regular basis. 

Just as the clone picks up the droid however, the squad sergeant makes a dash towards him with a cry. 'Setback, wait!' It was too late however there is a rattling noise from within the droid followed by a low hum. The mouth that usually carried harmless deliveries would slide open and within a blaster could be seen to have been built into the droid. The humming becomes a high pitched whine and a spray of red blaster fire erupts from the droid. The force of the gunfire would throw the droid from the clones grip as the gunfire catches him square in the chest, throwing him to the floor.

The droid hits the floor with a clang but does not stop firing. It also does not seem to be aiming any more. Instead it skitters across the floor like an out of control firework, flinging red bolts in every direction. 'Take cover!' the sergeant would shout, and the squad would make a dash to dive behind walls, doorways and rubble to try and avoid being blown away by the droid. The squad is able to find cover from erratic gunfire, though Setback is still unfortunate enough to catch a shot to the back of the leg as he scramble to his feet and to cover. 'We need to take that thing out!' The sergeant would shout as he bobs his head out from behind a doorway for a moment, nearly losing it in the process.

Malfunctioning Droid Combat Check: 1eP+1eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat

p--.pnga-s.pngd-th.pngd--.png Does 2 damage to Corouscant Guard Squad.

Squad Avoids Droid Gunfire: 3eP+1eA+1eD+1eC+1eS 3 successes, 2 threat
p-s-s.pngp-s.pngp-s.pnga--.pngd-th.pngc-th.pngs-f.png Threat spent to inflict 2 wounds to squad

On 7/29/2018 at 4:15 PM, Vergence said:

Feeling the heavy irregular jolts of turbulence entering through the Coruscant atmosphere, a surge of adrenaline fills CT-6180's body. Mynock loudly speaks over the choppy noise of the craft "Wooooo! Loving it! Yeeeah! This is so much better than the sims! Haha!!" shouting towards Spanner, smiling widely beneath his helmet. "Any of those non-Republics popping on the sensors?" he questions, leading the LAAT/i towards the sent coordinates.

2112 checks the readouts for a few seconds and then shakes his helmeted head.  "Negative, nothing unusual showing up on the scanners.  "