Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad OOC

Temple Initiative: 

1. @Edgehawk
  2. @btmaja +1 defence
  3. @Shlambate
  4. @KungFuFerret
  5. Trapper: 4 soak, 8/13 wounds, 12/12 strain
  6. @player3333902
  7. B2 Super Battle Droid Squad 2: armour 1, soak 5, 23/50 wounds, 5/10 men ((short range))
  8. Cortosis Battle Droid Squad: armour 1, cortosis, soak 5, 50/50 wounds, 10/10 men ((short range))
  9. Probe Droid: soak 3, 20/20 wounds, 5/5 men ((short range))

@btmaja, you killed off 5 there, I've updated the list. @Shlambate, you are up next. @Edgehawk, I forgot to say, turning the ground into difficult terrain is fine with the advantage. This would cover the steps. 

Shd we aim for the probe droids first? Bfr the cortosis ones? Cse i think the cortosis droids will be harder, so we must as well get any extra enemies out of the way.

Posted (edited)

Ranged Light: 2eA+1eP+1eD+2eB 2 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-a-a.pnga-a.pngp-tr.pngd--.pngb-s.pngb--.png

This was aimed at the B2 Super Squad 2, so with 1 soak, that's 8 damage total.  For my Triumph, can I have them become momentarily confused on targeting, and attack their allies for one action?  

The 3 Advantage I'll give as 2 boost to @player3333902  

@Rabobankrider

Edited by KungFuFerret

Oooh. Nice nice. I’ll c if trapper can finish out the remaining B2s. If he does, wld u guys like me to attack the probes? I can try to one shot then wif my crit

Temple Initiative: 

1. @Edgehawk
  2. @btmaja +1 defence
  3. @Shlambate
  4. @KungFuFerret
  6. @player3333902
  7. B2 Super Battle Droid Squad 2: armour 1, soak 5, 19/50 wounds, 4/10 men ((short range)) faulty targetting
  8. Cortosis Battle Droid Squad: armour 1, cortosis, soak 5, 50/50 wounds, 10/10 men ((short range))
  9. Probe Droid: soak 3, 20/20 wounds, 5/5 men ((short range))

@KungFuFerret, it's one armour for the B2, but 5 soak unfortunately. I've rolled the setback dice from the armour for you here to save a little time. Missed Setback Dice:1eS 0 successes
s--.pngThat's still another dead so it's not all bad. And this time I am ok using the crit for making them target the probes this round (though it won't be a regular occurrence as a heads up). 

@player3333902, Trapper can attack the droids no problem (you can narrate giving the order ic on your turn if you want). Bear in mind though that the probe droids are at short range above you. That means you'd have to jump for them or make a ranged attack. 

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@KungFuFerret, And this time I am ok using the crit for making them target the probes this round (though it won't be a regular occurrence as a heads up). 

That's fine, but just to clarify, I'm not using the Triumph as a crit.  I'm using it to just "do something neat", not rolling on the table.  If 1 Triumph isn't sufficient cost for that, just say so and I'll pick something else to do with it.

Alright. The only thing i’m wondering now is if i should attack the b2s if trapper does not kill them or attack the probes XD. I’m pretty sure i can crit due to my talent. Oh if i crit, will i kill the entire squad of cortosis droids?

Awww yeah. Using the talent to reduce difficulty again, as i’ll use my free manuever to get into engaged range, so i hv only 1 difficulty if im not wrong. Going against... cortosis? Will i be able to wipe them out? 

: 3eP+2eB 3 successes, 5 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.pngp-tr.pngp-a-a.pngb-s.pngb-a-a.png

Hmmm... will use 2 advantage fr crit, 1 to pass a boost, another 2 for a free manuever and for the the triumph, what would doing something vital to turn the tide of the battle result in?

@KungFuFerret, I know, I don't have problem with its use in this case (kudos for creative thinking), I was just saying it wouldn't be a thing that would happen regularly with crits etc. It's fine in this battle though, I'll have the B2's act accordingly on their turn. 

@player3333902, a crit against a minion squad can be used to instantly kill one member of the squad in addition to any extra damage you do, but won't wipe out the whole squad. Bear in mind that the terrain between you and the enemy is now difficulty terrain due to the thermal detonator, so it will take 2 moves to move to engaged range instead of the usual one. You can still do it though, but it will cost 2 strain. You will also be unable to get back to the clones this turn, but the droids difficulty in attacks goes up if they use their guns against you.

The cortosis and B2 droids also have an defence rating of one which I do not think is ignored by lightsabers so you will need a black dice for the roll (I'll sort that now to save time):Missed Setback Dice: 1eS 1 failure
s-f.png

Also bear in mind that unfortunately the cortosis droids do have immunity to breach and pierce so you total damage from the base attack will be 3. If you activate the crit to instantly kill one it goes up to 8, and if you wanted you could use your advantage to activate linked to do an additional 3 (totalling 11 net damage, killing 2 droids and slightly wounding 1). You would still have 3 advantage to spend after this if you wanted to invoke some setback dice or pass a boost.  

29 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@KungFuFerret, I know, I don't have problem with its use in this case (kudos for creative thinking), I was just saying it wouldn't be a thing that would happen regularly with crits etc. It's fine in this battle though, I'll have the B2's act accordingly on their turn. 

Right but...you keep referring to it as a crit :P  I'm not using it as a critical hit.  I'm just using the Triumph to do something else.  Triumphs on attack rolls aren't automatically critical hits, that's still up to the player to decide how to spend it.

I c... well... hmmm... not sure. Leaving myself there might result in me getting knocked out if we can’t take out the other 2 squads in time... how many advantage is needed to pass on setback die? Was it one or two?

Temple Initiative: 

1. @Edgehawk
  2. @btmaja +1 defence
  3. @Shlambate
  4. @KungFuFerret
  6. @player3333902
  7. B2 Super Battle Droid Squad 2: armour 1, soak 5, 19/50 wounds, 4/10 men ((short range)) faulty targetting
  8. Cortosis Battle Droid Squad: armour 1, cortosis, soak 5, 39/50 wounds, 8/10 men ((short range))
  9. Probe Droid: soak 3, 9/20 wounds, 3/5 men ((short range))

@Edgehawk, you are back up at the top!

@player3333902, I think you soak is wrong, it should be 4 instead of 2.