Sign in to follow this  
cookluke5150

2nd game played

After playing my son in a second game at 427 (no reaction mechanics yet, will change game play up when at 800 pt games) -  here are our thoughts-  

Command cards and initiative bidding is a lot of fun.  

It is a very defensive game when units are in cover.  This is a good thing because you can't just sit in cover on your half of the board and shoot away for 6 rounds.  This game promotes movement-  move around the enemy so you can shoot them without them having cover-  also storm troopers are decent at using the butts of their guns in melee.  Luke found this out the hard way.  

Vader and Luke can get a lot of extra attacks off in close range  (hope we are doing this correct)  example-  Luke shoots his blaster at his father-  then uses charge (after you move perform a free melee attack) and slashes his father with his light saber- very powerful combo.

Vader throws his lightsaber at his son, then moves speed 1away from luke into cover-  then performs relentless and lightsaber throws again.

rocket trooper sucks for 35 pts imo

Rebels super machine gun with 6 white dice is hit or miss.  Prepare to be on a rollercoaster ride with this thing-  lots of ups and downs  tons of hits one round  nothing next round

Pretty sure one of the videos said only one attack per round. The free attack will let you take another action, but not another attack.

Also, I thought force powers exhausted when used, so they should not be available until something readies them. I believe you can use an action - can't remember if that does one or all - or Vader has an ability to ready one at the end of the turn I believe.

5 hours ago, Basylle said:

Pretty sure one of the videos said only one attack per round. The free attack will let you take another action, but not another attack.

Also, I thought force powers exhausted when used, so they should not be available until something readies them. I believe you can use an action - can't remember if that does one or all - or Vader has an ability to ready one at the end of the turn I believe.

saber throw doesn't have the exhausted icon on the preview card, and there is a second arrow system that make some free actions and others cost an action.

not sure on this game, but ffg usually limits actions to once per activation (free or not). Although there has been much talk of vader possibly being able to double move to make up for his crappy range....... although that might be a bit broken if luke could as well with their free attacks.