Sign in to follow this  
schoon

Wanted: Podcast Co-Host

Hi Folks,

I've been wanting to start a podcast specifically geared towards 40KRP (both Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader) for some time now, but I'm missing one critical ingredient: a Co-Host. (Since no one wants to listen to just one person talk.)

I'm a 41-year-old professional who maintains the Schola Progenium site in my free time, and am an avid fan of both games.

My ideal candidate is:

• Local to the San Francisco Bay Area (I intend to record at a friend's studio in Oakland)
  • Passionate about 40KRP
  • Someone with whom I'd like to have a beer or two after recording

If interested, drop me an email.

Thanks for reading...

Dude, if Brother Praetus was in San Fran, I'd recommend him in a heart beat. He knows the game inside and out and has a passion for it. Problem is, he's in AZ like me.

Plus, I'm not sure how he feels about podcasting. :)

Wish I could help.

schoon said:

Thanks for the help, Folks!

If no one emerges as a local talent - studio sound quality is better than Skype - I'll broaden my search.

tbh I've heard some podcasts recorded on Skype and if the content is good enough no one will care if it's not studio quality on the sound. I'd rather be listening to something interesting than something boring, no matter the sound quality :)

Sorry for the necromancy.  I know Ordos Hereticus wil be knocking on my door soon.

I was wondering if you ever found a Co-host.  I just find it funny the Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader is one of the best selling rpgs out there today, but we don't have a dedicated fan podcast.  Unfortunately I am not in a good position to participate (skype only works so well from Afghanistan.)

Salcor

I think the new dev used to run a podcast actually. To bad you can't just get him and cut out the middle man.

Have you considered switching over to a wordpress based site? It's a lot easier to read and WAY easier for you to update and keep fresh.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the continued interest. I have not yet found a suitable co-host. I thought I had at one point, but a life event took him away.

I'm actually coordinating with the folks at 2d6 Feet to find one, so don't despair - this will happen eventually.

Schoon, thanks for the reply.  I am looking forward to this when it debuts very much.  But I agree that two hosts are key to its success.  Best of luck to you.

Salcor