JohnWE

Thank you FFG for the Scurrg

I opened the Scurrg package yesterday, and I was quite pleased.  There are a lot of cards, and they all look interesting.  Often I'll open a ship, and see several cards that will probably never see the light of day, but the difference with this package was that they all look fun to me. 

Thank you FFG, for squeezing so many cards into that package and having them all open up interesting options for my casual playstyle.

Not sure if trolling or serious, but...

If you're serious, and you are flying casual with it, there are some fun things like minefield mapper (especially hilarious in epic play to change the terrain).

If you're trolling, you don't know how to use all the cards because you're not a casual player :-)

The Scurrg does have great cards, not just for the ship they are packaged with but for other ships as well.  Too bad the ship is able to abuse those upgrades.  

Cad Bane, finally the greatest bounty hunter!  Now we just need Xanadu Blood and Scum will be complete!

I really like the Scurrg and bought three as soon as they came out.

Favourite list:

Lok Revenant x2 with Outlaw Tech, Cruise Missiles, Extra Munitions, Deadeye and Guidance Chips

Karthakk Pirate with Autoblaster Turret, Bomblet, Accuracy Corrector, Havoc and Genius.

Lots of fun, great looking ship with so much potential for repaints, some absolutely great looking repaints out there.

51 minutes ago, JohnWE said:

Sorry that it's a question around here.  Serious.

We are asking because the Scurrg is one of, if not the, most meta warping and overpowered ships in the game.

You can build a nym that is both very slippery, messes up the board with endless bomb spam, and can pre-move reposition in 1v1's to ensure that the other player doesn't get to play. The PS 1 Scurrg outclasses the B-wing by a massive amount. The PS 3 scurrg can carry Deadeye, and some combination of EM/Autoblaster/intel/boba and the new Harpoon missile in a trio to be Deadeye Scouts 2.0.

Some of the upgrades like MineField are fun. Some like Cad Bane have places that they can be placed to jam 4 unavoidable auto damage at range 4-5 before anyone moves (Jumpmaster).

The thing has system, Turret, crew or astromech depending on title, and has an EPT generic.  That’s just asking for trouble.  Then it introduced The Scum Bomb helper crew and rebel and Scum versions of the ps 8 pilot.  And infinite bombs.  So now we have super bomb squads on both non-Imp factions.  

When do we get the Imp Bomb Crew?

It's a bomber with a ton of options.  And I personally look forward to trying out all the options.

5 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

It is super fun

Bomblet Emon is something I hadn't thought of, but sounds pretty awesome.

Too bad he couldn't take the Trajectory Simulator too.

42 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

We are asking because the Scurrg is one of, if not the, most meta warping and overpowered ships in the game.

You can build a nym that is both very slippery, messes up the board with endless bomb spam, and can pre-move reposition in 1v1's to ensure that the other player doesn't get to play. The PS 1 Scurrg outclasses the B-wing by a massive amount. The PS 3 scurrg can carry Deadeye, and some combination of EM/Autoblaster/intel/boba and the new Harpoon missile in a trio to be Deadeye Scouts 2.0.

Some of the upgrades like MineField are fun. Some like Cad Bane have places that they can be placed to jam 4 unavoidable auto damage at range 4-5 before anyone moves (Jumpmaster).

Oh god, what did we start..

32 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

The thing has system, Turret, crew or astromech depending on title, and has an EPT generic.  That’s just asking for trouble.  Then it introduced The Scum Bomb helper crew and rebel and Scum versions of the ps 8 pilot.  And infinite bombs.  So now we have super bomb squads on both non-Imp factions.  

When do we get the Imp Bomb Crew?

Imperial Bomber Man

Imperial Only.

Add a bomb slot to your ship.  Whenever a bomb token you control detonates, reduce the damage it deals to each ship by one.

5 points

My favourite version of scurrg:
Sol Sixxa: Havoc, Adaptability/VI, Autoblaster Turret, Bomblet, Accuracy Corrector, "Genius". 
Also, I am planning something similar with Emon. 

But yeah, Synced Turret, Minefield, Cruise Missiles (I want to play this missiles in Z95 with Scavenger Crane), BOMBLET, Cad.... It's a very solid expansion

ONE GREEN DICE. 

Yes, Nym shouldn't have an EPT, like Miranda, and yes he has too many options with placement. But he has one green dice and dies relatively easily. In a 5 round tournament today I played against a Rebel Nym and two Scum Nym, both with their quirks. I won 2 of the 3 games, and Nym died first in all 3. The one I lost; Dengar sidekick.

Too strong? Maybe. Broken? No. I might buy one at some point.

Image result for star wars calm

RoV

Edited by Rat of Vengence

17 minutes ago, Oldpara said:

Nym even with ept isn't too strong. It's just Bomblet along with all Nyms perks. Imagine Nym without Bomblet and all is fine. 

Expansion is very good indeed. 

Nym without bomblet is a few points more expensive with 6 points of EM plus 2x seismic bombas.  4 of these things with Bane Or Sabine backup is more than enough when combined with genius, ps 10 and pilot abilities.  He can be even more varied without bomblets, tossing thermal detonators or even the dreaded and not cheap at all Proton Bombs.  

Without bomblet it makes building him more creative but more judicious in his bombing runs.

14 hours ago, JohnWE said:

I opened the Scurrg package yesterday, and I was quite pleased.  There are a lot of cards, and they all look interesting.  Often I'll open a ship, and see several cards that will probably never see the light of day, but the difference with this package was that they all look fun to me. 

Thank you FFG, for squeezing so many cards into that package and having them all open up interesting options for my casual playstyle.

Image result for not sure if trolling

On 30/09/2017 at 3:48 AM, Kaptin Krunch said:

OP refers to cards in the expansion and how useful they’ll be in casual play.  There is no reference to how the expansion effects the meta.

The Scurrg is an excellent expansion if you’re looking for more cards.  It’s only my second ship bought for the cards (the first being the StarViper) as I play Imperials.  It’s probably cheaper to buy the expansion than get all the cards I will use off eBay which are:

• Criuse Missiles x 2
  • Bomblet Generator 
  • Minefield Mapper
  • Seismic Torpedo 
  • Lightning Reflexes

And for those who haven’t got the TIE/Ag you get Synced Turret as well.

SCURRG are great and lovely

Lok revs are especially nice for putting dengar and miri (honestly, the real OP ships nym just enables) in their place with boba crew 

Theyll also make great fodder for ps 4 HLC gunboat's with linked batteries :)

I will encourage people to stop believing that the bwing is an acceptable benchmark anymore, however. Hasn't been since TLT, and the base SCURRG is barely an better. Only it's upgrade slots let it see play 

Edited by ficklegreendice

On 9/29/2017 at 8:17 PM, Kentucky Fried Ewok said:

I really like the Scurrg and bought three as soon as they came out.

Favourite list:

Lok Revenant x2 with Outlaw Tech, Cruise Missiles, Extra Munitions, Deadeye and Guidance Chips

Karthakk Pirate with Autoblaster Turret, Bomblet, Accuracy Corrector, Havoc and Genius.

Lots of fun, great looking ship with so much potential for repaints, some absolutely great looking repaints out there.

Why not:

Karthakk pirate x4