Sign in to follow this  
flightmaster101

The Runecasters Episode 9: Interview One

Hey all!

This week's content bonanza continues with Episode 9 of our podcast, now up! Please enjoy our thoughts on Wraiths, Scouts and Witches, and of course the interview with GenCon Champ DJ!

www.runecasters.net
www.facebook.com/runecasters
@runecasters on twitter
runecasterspodcast@gmail.com

That was a great episode! I was surprised to hear that DJ had spent so much time playing Waiqar. I wonder if he'll go back to that faction, or stick it out with Daqan (he might have answered that, but I can't remember).

Kethra seems to be a brand new hero for the Uthuk Y'llan, so I suspect we will eventually see Malaana on her scorpion mount. It keeps the anticipation levels high, much like how Waiqar players are eagerly awaiting the announcement of the Barrow Wyrm.

Hearing you talk about those announced units has me excited all over again. Can't wait for them to come out! Thanks for the cast.

23 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Kethra seems to be a brand new hero for the Uthuk Y'llan, so I suspect we will eventually see Malaana on her scorpion mount. It keeps the anticipation levels high, much like how Waiqar players are eagerly awaiting the announcement of the Barrow Wyrm

I admit (and hope I made clear) that I don't know much about the lore and even less about the Uthuk lore.  I had been told that Kethra was the witch on the scorpion so in my own head it made sense that they would just change the mount for logistical reasons.

Since you are actually able to name both characters it sounds like I was misinformed :(

22 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

No worries! It was fun to hear how excited you are about Kethra's abilities. She seems to be strong, and I'm fighting the urge to buy into Uthuk - they look so cool, but I gotta stick with Waiqar, at least for now.

I may just buy all the heroes to pain them.  Theyre all sooooo cool, but I just cant justify painting complete factions.

29 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

No worries! It was fun to hear how excited you are about Kethra's abilities. She seems to be strong, and I'm fighting the urge to buy into Uthuk - they look so cool, but I gotta stick with Waiqar, at least for now.

@Budgernaut someone we can convert... @Parakitor you must come to the dark side with us. Join your demon brethren, Switch to Uthuk *Uthuk echoes out quieter and quieter...*

52 minutes ago, Curlycross said:

@Budgernaut someone we can convert... @Parakitor you must come to the dark side with us. Join your demon brethren, Switch to Uthuk *Uthuk echoes out quieter and quieter...*

I am *literally* his evil twin, so I'm not sure I'll be able to convince him since twins are destined to fight one another. He just sees our point of view since I send him weekly emails about how excited I am for the Uthuk :)

Also, he has a son begging him to buy Uthuk stuff, too. So I guess we may yet convert him after all!

On topic ... I still need to listen to this episode. Y'all posted it just as I was going to bed last night.

5 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

I am *literally* his evil twin, so I'm not sure I'll be able to convince him since twins are destined to fight one another. He just sees our point of view since I send him weekly emails about how excited I am for the Uthuk :)

Also, he has a son begging him to buy Uthuk stuff, too. So I guess we may yet convert him after all!

On topic ... I still need to listen to this episode. Y'all posted it just as I was going to bed last night.

Oh you know him well? We've got him!!

I'm about to start listening on way home.

2 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

I admit (and hope I made clear) that I don't know much about the lore and even less about the Uthuk lore.  I had been told that Kethra was the witch on the scorpion so in my own head it made sense that they would just change the mount for logistical reasons.

Since you are actually able to name both characters it sounds like I was misinformed :(

Yeah, Malaana is mentioned by name in the Lore Guide that comes in the core set. She was previously seen in the app, BattleLore: Command. In the lore guide, it doesn't mention her scorpion, but that's what she is riding in BattleLore: Command. Kethra is a completely new character. However, her archetype wasn't completely unexpected. The Uthuk Y'llan Army Expansion announce article said concerning the Flesh Rippers, "Powerful Uthuk chieftans and sorcerers choose these steeds as their battle mounts for their swift movement and unholy ability to smell the blood beating in the hearts of their foes." When I first read that article, my heart sank, thinking Malaana may end up riding a Flesh Ripper. I'm just glad that didn't happen and that we may still see her and her scorpion in the future. But Kethra's totally awesome.

5 hours ago, Parakitor said:

I was surprised to hear that DJ had spent so much time playing Waiqar. I wonder if he'll go back to that faction, or stick it out with Daqan (he might have answered that, but I can't remember).

The 2 or 3 weeks after GenCon, I played Elves just to see what they're like.  My wife was interested in playing them, so I already had easy access to the models.  The last couple of weeks I've stuck with Daqan though but mostly because I haven't had the time to make a Waiqar list that I want to try.  When Uthuk are released, I'm definitely going to be trying them out and will just continue down the rabbit hole of pursuing all 4 factions. :) 

13 hours ago, Duke2000 said:

The 2 or 3 weeks after GenCon, I played Elves just to see what they're like.  My wife was interested in playing them, so I already had easy access to the models.  The last couple of weeks I've stuck with Daqan though but mostly because I haven't had the time to make a Waiqar list that I want to try.  When Uthuk are released, I'm definitely going to be trying them out and will just continue down the rabbit hole of pursuing all 4 factions. :) 

So the same as almost every other person in the forums :P (Minus the wife).