Jump to content
rafcpl6868

Playing Favorites? Unlikely

Recommended Posts

I mean... the favoritism accusation could be easily disproved by publishing a FAQ, and fixes to bad ships, as well as following and applying the same design principle for all factions. 

 

If they are to publish 2nd tier generics with an EPT, then make all of them have one. Not just the scum. 

Nerf the JM5k, Scurrg, Sabine, TLT-s. 

Fix the Punisher, the Lambda, the Imperial Firespray, the T65 and other lackluster ships.


And in the future avoid giving Scum the ship of the wave. 


If they don't do any of these, yes they are playing favorites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RufusDaMan said:

...And in the future avoid giving Scum the ship of the wave. 

If they don't do any of these, yes they are playing favorites

So very true. SInce scum existed they've had the ship of the wave for almost every wave:

Wave 6 - duh.
Wave 7 - Miranda takes top spot, but Bossk and the hund's tooth weren't far behind.
Wave 8 - JM5Ks are still the best ship in the game, despite multiple nerfs.
Wave 9 - Both the Shadowcaster and Protectorate are vastly better than their counterparts in the other factions.
Wave 10 - Upsilons are very good, but the Quadjumper is one of the most disruptive ships in the game.
Wave 11 - Nym is absurdly amazing. Maybe not as good as Miranda, but right up there.
Wave 12 - the Kimogila is looking to be a fantastic ship, but the Gunboat will probably edge it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Astech said:

 

Wave 7 - Miranda takes top spot, but Bossk and the hund's tooth weren't far behind.

Wave 10 - Upsilons are very good, but the Quadjumper is one of the most disruptive ships in the game.

Agreed with pretty much all but these two. The YV-666 was definitely 'meh' until the wave 8 crew and Guidance Chips hit, and Quadjumper is so disruptive nobody is playing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

Agreed with pretty much all but these two. The YV-666 was definitely 'meh' until the wave 8 crew and Guidance Chips hit, and Quadjumper is so disruptive nobody is playing them.

Miranda was also a bit 'meh' until Sabine came in wave 8, so it's similar for both of them. The YV-666 is definitely worse than Miranda, but not by much.

The Quadjumper is a really, really good ship that does absolutely nothing whatsoever against large base ships, Nym, Miranda and so on. In a small ship meta, the quadjumper would excel. As is, a cloaking device, cikatro vizago + mod quadjumper is only 19 points and gives a squad a lot of utility.

The upsilon is a lot worse than the Ghost, and the U-wing is meh all round. The only unique ship that doesn't have a better copy is the quadjumper, hence my thinking it the "best" of the wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Astech said:

Miranda was also a bit 'meh' until Sabine came in wave 8, so it's similar for both of them. The YV-666 is definitely worse than Miranda, but not by much.

The Quadjumper is a really, really good ship that does absolutely nothing whatsoever against large base ships, Nym, Miranda and so on. In a small ship meta, the quadjumper would excel. As is, a cloaking device, cikatro vizago + mod quadjumper is only 19 points and gives a squad a lot of utility.

The upsilon is a lot worse than the Ghost, and the U-wing is meh all round. The only unique ship that doesn't have a better copy is the quadjumper, hence my thinking it the "best" of the wave.

Personally I feel the YV-666 is a lot worse than Miranda. In my experience, the competitiveness of the ship died with the Zuckuss nerf. It's not a bad ship (VI missile Bossk still has nice alpha strike gimmicks).

 

You may be right about the Quadjumper (personally I doubt the usefulness of a 19 point blocker over a 12 point Sunny Bounder) however, I feel the Quadjumper is overall worse than the TIE striker (which would be awesome in a meta that doesn't destroy low health ships) and none of them comes close to the power of the Rebel TIE.

 

To me Scum are the real losers of wave 10. Rebels got 1 awesome and 1 terrible ship, Empire got 2 moderately useful ships (there have been some examples of people doing well with both Strikers and Upsilon) and Scum got a pretty bad ship (I have yet to see anyone doing well with a Quadjumper,but it's not hopeless like the U-wing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...