jocke01

Armada my problems with an amazing game

Is this game a perfect one? Maybe not. But it's the closest to that that I know. X-Wing, Imperial Assault, 40 K, Bolt Action, etc... are all good games but for me, Armada is the finest one.

I understand the reason of this topic. Is there a way to settle every little bug of the game. The answer is maybe not. Those small issues for somes are the strategy for others.

Is Intel annoying? Sometimes... When I'm not the one using it ;)

Is ramming a issue? In my opinion, it was the easiest way for FFG to solved this complex problem. Realistic? Not but the easiest one. Everyone get a dommage, problem solved. I'm following that minding about the percentage that dommage represent for a small ship versus a large ship. Do I use it on purpose? Sometimes it can be the difference between a dead ship or not? So yes, it can be a strategy.

For the strong presence of unique squadron, I don't think there's a problem. If you want to counter this fact, bring your own or take some upgrades that could help against them (like Kallus for Imps.).

I think FFG designers are doing their best to give us someting playable, not complicated and not too much time consumming. Could it be better in some sort? Yes... but you will have to drop the relation between those three points.

I'd rather put up with a few minor irritations than go down the X Wing route of an FAQ that's almost as long as the rules. For me that's one of the things that have ruined a brilliant game. At least Armada's FAQ is reasonably small when you take out the Corellian Conflict stuff.

22 hours ago, Bolshevik65 said:

I'd rather put up with a few minor irritations than go down the X Wing route of an FAQ that's almost as long as the rules. For me that's one of the things that have ruined a brilliant game. At least Armada's FAQ is reasonably small when you take out the Corellian Conflict stuff.

give it time :D 

its weird to be this positive, but really, there isn't a single game out there that I'd say is near perfect. (Though I'll concede there are some gems that are gorgeously more fun.)

Xwing isn't perfect.  It was good for quite a while.  It could still be great.  But right now, man some serious growing pains. 

Armada could have used a little more time in the gestation stage, but given what we got, its pretty good. 

(Ace Combat 5 comes to mind as a beautiful reaching-perfect game. Gorgeous graphics and music for the time. music is still considered one of the top game soundtracks of all time. extremely detailed. Difficult. One of the most engaging stories of all video game time. There was no multi-player though, which made balance much easier. There was no end in sight to the detail and sound mindedness that went into that game. The vast number of easter eggs also supports the detail level. ) 

Edited by Blail Blerg