Jump to content
roguefrog

Wardrobe Mistake in Magnificent Kimono(LOL) and Spies at Court

Recommended Posts

On 09/28/2017 at 5:02 PM, Togashi Gao Shan said:

Ugh. I haven't read the more modern Deadlands books, only the first and I think second edition stuff.

Shadowrun tried a similar thing, saying that the appearance of "Meta human" variances of the human genome (orcs, trolls, dwarves and elves) led to most ethnic racism going away, and being replaced by things l like The Humanis Policlub (KKK for 'normal' humans).  I never believed that would happen. Oh, there would definitely be violent anti-Meta groups, and sometimes violent counter-groups in response. However, I'm sure that even if such a thing were to happen, there would still be plenty of ethnic bigotry and discrimination.
 

Perhaps. I think we underestimate humans need to hate something and ability to do what needs to be done to survive.

If our culture can embrace diversity in the work place and culture as a way to break down racial barriers I'm sure having to work together to kill another species will do the trick. It's just another work environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ide Yoshiya said:

What word might I have used instead so as to avoid getting you all up in arms about it? My argument is not that cultural appropriation is bad, but that when done poorly it can be very cringeworthy to people like myself who want to adore this setting in every way. For a pre-tumblr expression of what I'm talking about, look up the classic play, The Mikado, and specifically the political conversation regarding it.

May I direct you toward my profile image?  You got heavier in a light hearted thread so I goofed on you a bit. If you'd have used emojis, I'd have accused you of stealing hieroglyphics. There's nothing wrong about your post or your points, and I'm not up in arms over them. Just want to keep light things light. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shu2jack said:

Perhaps. I think we underestimate humans need to hate something and ability to do what needs to be done to survive.

If our culture can embrace diversity in the work place and culture as a way to break down racial barriers I'm sure having to work together to kill another species will do the trick. It's just another work environment.

This is absolutely true!  There is no better way to bring Humans together than for another alien group to show up we can all unite against lol.  Sad, funny, but also very true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shosuko said:

This is absolutely true!  There is no better way to bring Humans together than for another alien group to show up we can all unite against lol.  Sad, funny, but also very true.

Maybe. It certainly happens in movies and tv shows a lot.

However, I'm not so sure it would work out that way. People are unfortunately very capable of keeping their old fears and hatreds while also embracing new ones.  'Arrival' is a film from last year that does a great job of showing the potential paranoia around increasing due to mysterious aliens arriving.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 9:07 PM, Togashi Gao Shan said:

Maybe. It certainly happens in movies and tv shows a lot.

However, I'm not so sure it would work out that way. People are unfortunately very capable of keeping their old fears and hatreds while also embracing new ones.  'Arrival' is a film from last year that does a great job of showing the potential paranoia around increasing due to mysterious aliens arriving.

 

I was kind of thinking, that Game of Thrones would end with the extinction of the human race because of this (valar morghulis), but it looks like it won't go that route after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dovla said:

one thing that somewhaat grinds my gear is insisting on curved blades by unicorn, whereas katana are also curved.

 

"Chunks of rotted flesh slough off the bones of the horse's long dead corpse, even as the madman continues to beat it despite the protests of his fellows."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 11:44 AM, roguefrog said:

So what is the secret of the ooze that is me being an big jerk?

For starters, maybe not directly bashing the team (on their own forums) that put a lot of time and effort into this game by calling them incompetent would help.

Just try that next time. I know it's not easy but you can do it.

No hard feelings,

Peace =)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 11:31 AM, Shirys said:

For starters, maybe not directly bashing the team (on their own forums) that put a lot of time and effort into this game by calling them incompetent would help.

Just try that next time. I know it's not easy but you can do it.

No hard feelings,

Peace =)

 

I have hard feelings, i can think of few things any game needs less of than nitpicky players like OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People hate the truth so much, they will make up any excuse to dismiss it, or call the guy pointing it out a jerkface. Case in point, most of the comments in this thread.  
 

Edited by roguefrog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roguefrog said:

People hate the truth so much, they will make up any excuse to dismiss it, or call the guy pointing it out an *******. Case in point, most of the comments in this thread.  
 

Don't be one wont get called one.  I feel bad for your local gaming group/s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 11:31 AM, Shirys said:

For starters, maybe not directly bashing the team (on their own forums) that put a lot of time and effort into this game by calling them incompetent would help.

 

I am sure the team can take the hit on this one without their fanbase coming to their defense like there are "barbarians at the gates."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roguefrog said:

People hate the truth so much, they will make up any excuse to dismiss it, or call the guy pointing it out a jerkface. Case in point, most of the comments in this thread.  
 

I'm pretty sure people don't hate "the truth" so much as they hate the tone with which it was stated.

Of course, I'm absolutely sure that you already know this and are just trolling by pretending to be shocked/wounded by the reaction, so I'll just point out that you haven't addressed the possibility that several people mentioned that we could be seeing the images in a mirror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ignoring the tone police for a sec, the reason I didn't address the mirror argument is it is groundless. Pure conjecture. IF there was a mirror it would be evident in the art. There is no case here. File under the prior blindness defense of ones pet dev on full display. 

Edited by roguefrog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, roguefrog said:

Ignoring the tone police for a sec, the reason I didn't address the mirror argument is it is groundless. Pure conjecture. IF there was a mirror it would be evident in the art. There is no case here. File under the prior blindness defense of ones pet dev on full display. 

Tone matters.  You came in here with a petty complaint and had a crap tone, were you expecting a warm welcome?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that you are still infatuated in discussing the tone of my first post on page 4 means you are basically still "crying about it." The discussion has moved on since then. Try to keep up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, roguefrog said:

The fact that you are still infatuated in discussing the tone of my first post on page 4 means you are basically still "crying about it." The discussion has moved on since then. Try to keep up. 

No it really hasnt.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...