Dash Two

Faction You Will Play?

Yes, yes, yes ... it would be awesome to have Tusken Raiders or, maybe, you want an army of ugnaughts or specific Clone Era minis ... but we have 2 choices.  

• Imperials
  • Rebels

You are playing which?

All I collect is Imperial stuff because it is just better.  Cooler to look at; cooler to have around; just much higher cool factor.  Reading all of the threads on similar topics around force options, etc. it appears folks are 99.9% in on Imperials.  

Thus, my quick marketing study, as I am actually leaning Rebels, as it appears it will be super easy to find someone to play.  

Survey Says ... 

• Rebel-4
  • Imperial-5
  • Each-11
  • Other-3

Edited by Dash Two

Leaning toward Rebels ATM. My favourite timeframe for a game like legion would have been the Clone Wars (I'd buy a CIS army in a heartbeat). However, given what we're currently getting, I feel there's a much bigger chance to see some Clone Wars tech (they're already getting the AT-RT) and people (like Rex) in the Rebel faction.

I like both sides for different reasons. My wife likes the look of the Rebels better, so most games I'll be Imps, but at the game store I'll probably play whichever one I'm more excited for that week :3

I love me some Vader (seriously <3 James Earl Jones' voice!), Speeder Bikes seem like a blast (I've been honing lists revolving around TIE Strikers in X-Wing recently, so I got me some plans here...) and the troopers look really well done, so I'll love playing the Imps! Likewise, I enjoy the X-Wing series, so I'm toying with the idea of painting up Luke and my Rebels in orange jumpsuits under their jackets, which looks awesome in my head...especially on that AT-RT!

I'm just really excited for this game!

I'll be playing both... Mainly because my wife will be my main opponent so I'll have to have two armies.. Though I could see us leaning to one side more than the other and doing Rebel vs. Rebel or Imperial vs. Imperial... Also having a "2nd" army I'd like to do some variant paint styles whilst still having "Universe Accurate" colors. 

I'll probably collect both but not at a compeltionist level. only OT stuff that I actually like... dunno, for example if they start releasing  characters I don't like to see in a battlefield or New Trilogy stuff that does not mach my timeline OCD.

Edited by Andreu

I'm guessing I will eventually gravitate to one of them, but I'll start with both and see which is more fun for me to play.

I also tend to favor tier 2 lists that are fun over the most powerful list, so my primary faction may change over time depending on what is released in the future. Right now, I am most intrigued by Luke and the speeder bikes because of the ability of both to move quickly.

As a hobby/gaming new guy, interested to see the results.  Everyone loves the Imperials ... cooler stuff ... period ... but willing to paint/play both sides and adapt in time based on the game.  

Since my attention span is super short and I am trying to set myself up to succeed with my painting I again drift towards Rebels.  Appears I will always be able to find someone willing to play and I do not have to paint 10-40 figs ... white ... over ... and over.  

Rebels give a little more latitude and options on painting/colors.  

Appreciate the participation.

For once, I think I'm only going to buy Imperials.  I want a large force of Stormtroopers to march across the battlefield and crush the Rebellion with one swift stroke.

I've been on the fence about the game as it's yet another game to eat into my Wednesday night game nights, but I don't think I can turn this game down.

I'm not enthused enough, yet.

I mean, I know I'm going to be chartered and commissioned to paint a whole bunch of stormtroopers by people...  But I'm not excited enough by the first waves to look at committing myself, yet.  I feel I need more depth, or at least, more information to judge a greater depth.