Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glucose98

Ethereal Enchantress (Moose!)

42 posts in this topic

Interesting hero.  Not a tourney winner IMHO, random talents don't make for solid battle plans. Also I think she may have the worst hero dial we've seen so far. 

The army talent is where I will hold my judgment on her capability.  Furnishing every unit with sorceresses will be cool and once the command pack drops perhaps even useful.

Very much a utility character.  I'll get her and test on the table but I'll probably fall back on Alaina.

That being said I think she is a very nice hero upgrade for elven archers.  Pushing the manage output of those is a useful addition to the Latari army.

Edited by Thornoo1

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

And i remember when i thought the maro terrain was douchy because it applied blights...
Majority of the elf terrain is just flatout being a prick to you lol.

Several people have been caught out against me by the Wildroot Patch only being fortified for the Latari.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:32 PM, Bhelliom said:

Back to Maegan, the upgrade is interesting. Lethal (natural) is generally very poor value at ten points, but the other part could be good. Hard to evaluate off the table. Is a unit at range x of itself? I'm trying to figure out if the first ability will also hit the original target of the attack.

the Card says: "an enemy at range..." so no it doesn't target self, it's an enemy.

He's referring to the defender being at range x of itself.

Yes, they are. The way its written right now the unit you are attacking in the first place suffers the effect as well.

Lack of rerolls will keep her ability in check (likely to do 2-4 damage on her own if she surge modifies in melee) and lack of brutal will make any hits not really do much. That being said though im still a little baffled that they gave her 4 friggen dice.... if you get lucky enough you can get 8 surges (2W 2B 2B 1R + SurgeModifier) which is an 8 damage tactical nuke. Be surprised if i ever see that but seriously wtf! lol

17 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Be surprised if i ever see that but seriously wtf! lol

With no rerolls the odds of that happening are almost astronomically low.  So not having precise or brutal I think this makes her more balanced and more likely to see the table.

22 minutes ago, flightmaster101 said:

With no rerolls the odds of that happening are almost astronomically low.  So not having precise or brutal I think this makes her more balanced and more likely to see the table.

To be fair though she'd be way more likely to see the table if she was broken OP

1 hour ago, Willange said:

To be fair though she'd be way more likely to see the table if she was broken OP

Yes.

I think I said that wrong.

Without brutal or precise, the only way she would hit the table is with lethal and some extra damage output.

Willange likes this

23 hours ago, maxam said:

Here ya go... (no moose nest sadly!)

ICtGKA1.jpg?1

What the ****?? Where's my Moose Caboose??

But srsly that terrain is cool Love the fairie infested circle idea!!!

maxam likes this

On 26/09/2017 at 7:59 PM, Curlycross said:

the Card says: "an enemy at range..." so no it doesn't target self, it's an enemy.

Following both X-Wing and Armada game design, units are considered to be at range 1 of themselves.  Also, specifically the Ankaur Maro upgrade card specifies 'another' unit at range.

16 minutes ago, Wannabe PhD said:

Following both X-Wing and Armada game design, units are considered to be at range 1 of themselves.  Also, specifically the Ankaur Maro upgrade card specifies 'another' unit at range.

Yes, but are they considered their own enemy? 

They are not considered their own enemy but thats not how its being worded.

The text is written by YOUR perspective, not the defending unit's. The defending unit is an enemy unit at range X of the defending unit unless it specifies other unit. Its worded this way so she doesnt spike her own troops.

39 minutes ago, Corto said:

Yes, but are they considered their own enemy? 

Is this like an uber philosophical are you your own worst enemy thing?

But seriously in accordance with FFG precident: You are friendly to yourself, any unit not yours is an enemy.  Every unit is at range 1 of itself.  And any time the word "you" is used it is referring to the unit possessing the upgrade or ability.

Darthain likes this

3 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

Is this like an uber philosophical are you your own worst enemy thing?

But seriously in accordance with FFG precident: You are friendly to yourself, any unit not yours is an enemy.  Every unit is at range 1 of itself.  And any time the word "you" is used it is referring to the unit possessing the upgrade or ability.

Sir, that's great, but all I asked was how much is a cup of coffee...

Mirkon and Corto like this