Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cymrusaint

Steam asking me to buy DLC again

3 posts in this topic

I bought What Lies Within DLC via my phone. I have sat down to play it now, deciding to use steam so we can put it on the big TV and it says I have to buy it. Anyone know why it is doing this, and what I can do about it?

8 minutes ago, Cymrusaint said:

I bought What Lies Within DLC via my phone. I have sat down to play it now, deciding to use steam so we can put it on the big TV and it says I have to buy it. Anyone know why it is doing this, and what I can do about it?

Unfortunately buying the DLC on one platform (e.g. IOS) doesn't unlock the DLC on the other platforms (e.g. Steam).

Therefore I bought the Steam version of the DLC since all my friends have laptops/PC's rather than Android/IOS tablets or whatsoever.

LordPyrex likes this

8 hours ago, kyozu said:

Unfortunately buying the DLC on one platform (e.g. IOS) doesn't unlock the DLC on the other platforms (e.g. Steam).

Therefore I bought the Steam version of the DLC since all my friends have laptops/PC's rather than Android/IOS tablets or whatsoever.

Unfortunately this is correct... Different service providers all want to get their cut, so when you buy something in one place, unless you are talking phone to tablet with the same account then there is no cross device unlock...