achancesw

Foam storage?

I have the Feldherr, ships free from Amazon. I love it, I just wish you could customize it. The battlefoam suffers from the same thing unless you spend the money on the custom foam.

38 minutes ago, achancesw said:

Who do you recommend, in the US (or ships free)

Feldherr.

Just get one of the Maxi bag bundles for wave 1-6 and you're set for 1 faction. Then you can add more stuff as you see fit.

They also have a maxi bag bundle where you can pick and choose the exact combo of foam you want.

It's around 50 Euros before VAT.

2 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Feldherr.

Just get one of the Maxi bag bundles for wave 1-6 and you're set for 1 faction. Then you can add more stuff as you see fit.

They also have a maxi bag bundle where you can pick and choose the exact combo of foam you want.

It's around 50 Euros before VAT.

Do you have a link for that?

2 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

In Europe it's free shipping over 60 Euros.

In the US you need to find a partner or 2 and order together.

If 2 player are willing and able to order foam for a Rebel/Imperial collection, they can easily reach 100 Euros.

100 x2 = 200 = free shipping.

I will say depending on the size of what you have custom foam may be the way to go. Yeah 1 or 2 might be pricey but if that's all you need then it may be cheaper than buying foams with a lot of unused space. That may be an option you want to consider

Are you absolutely sold on foam storage?  The papercraft hangers actually do pretty well for storage and transport.  The one or two that don't actually secure the ship (due to odd shapes) are easy to add a little foam yourself to create the right fit.

Stick them in a nice plastic bin (with a little foam to fill any empty space) and you're good to go.  Less than $50 got me the paper, some crafting accessories, and the plastic bins needed to house a relatively large collection of both factions.  If you are looking for an organized way to keep your stuff safe, it's a considerably cheaper option.

You know your Feldherr foam storage is the best option when it has kept your Victorys antennas alive since 2015. :D Although that actually comes from the 1x1 cm cube i cut out from unused foam, i drilled a little hole into it and sticked them on the antennas, so that the antennas dont bump against the foam storage above the victory box when transported. Can only recommend that :)

On a serious note, go for Feldherr. Its easily the best option. While Cardboard/Paper Boxes are cheap they dont really provide much protection to the ships details and small parts and they are harder to transport. Feldherr foams on the other hand fit perfectly into the Feldherr Bags, which i highly recommend buying together with the foam. The Bags are also super useful for all kinds of Games and other stuff! You can even fit the Rulebooks into the big one. Also for Squadrons i'd argue there is no better way to transport them than the Feldherr foam, too.

*Fanboy*

Edited by >kkj

Man everybody likes this feldherr foam. I've never heard of them until today, now I'm gonna have to check them out. Still the cheapest option is to make it yourself though. Go to the craft store buy the foam there cut it yourself, make a palasicard shell. BAM! Home made custom foam for as cheap as material and your personal time. Added bonus: sense of accomplishment, and everyone being jealous of your handymanship.

9 minutes ago, Noosh said:

Man everybody likes this feldherr foam. I've never heard of them until today, now I'm gonna have to check them out. Still the cheapest option is to make it yourself though. Go to the craft store buy the foam there cut it yourself, make a palasicard shell. BAM! Home made custom foam for as cheap as material and your personal time. Added bonus: sense of accomplishment, and everyone being jealous of your handymanship.

Except with Feldherr you get these nice bags to carry your fleet in. Biggest selling point for me.

And you can swap out parts of the foam as you change your fleet, so everything always fits in one bag.

3 hours ago, Cusm said:

I have the Feldherr, ships free from Amazon. I love it, I just wish you could customize it. The battlefoam suffers from the same thing unless you spend the money on the custom foam.

Feldherr offers pick foam which allows you to customize it yourself.

Small note on Feldherr: If you order Wave 1-6 for Imperials and Rebels, you should be iirc not over the the line for free shipping into north america, BUT you get a super cheap price because they seem not to add european vat onto your order.

https://www.feldherr.net/feldherr-maxi-bag-for-star-wars-armada-wave-1-6-rebels/a-57526/ 
+
https://www.feldherr.net/feldherr-maxi-bag-for-star-wars-armada-wave-1-6-empire/a-57525/
= $120,12 + 47.59 shipping.

While we euros would pay ~145€ (about $170) and get free shipping. So the american price is literally lower than the european price even with $47 shipping included. :)
If you combine your own order with a friends one you should be easily reach the $200 line for free shipping on top. :)

Edited by SEApocalypse

I have my Feldherr foam in a Rigid Tool box. They fit perfectly 3 wide. I just picked up some pluck foam for the latest wave of ships. One day I will actually get some pictures and post them.

3 hours ago, >kkj said:

You know your Feldherr foam storage is the best option when it has kept your Victorys antennas alive since 2015. :D Although that actually comes from the 1x1 cm cube i cut out from unused foam, i drilled a little hole into it and sticked them on the antennas, so that the antennas dont bump against the foam storage above the victory box when transported. Can only recommend that :)

On a serious note, go for Feldherr. Its easily the best option. While Cardboard/Paper Boxes are cheap they dont really provide much protection to the ships details and small parts and they are harder to transport. Feldherr foams on the other hand fit perfectly into the Feldherr Bags, which i highly recommend buying together with the foam. The Bags are also super useful for all kinds of Games and other stuff! You can even fit the Rulebooks into the big one. Also for Squadrons i'd argue there is no better way to transport them than the Feldherr foam, too.

*Fanboy*

Not always. One of my antennas broke. But it was in the only that broke. And they were all in the flight luggage. And you all know how they hangle this luggage. So its a good sign that only one antenna broke :P