Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Akodo_Aoshi

AEG forum Archive ?

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am looking (hoping) to find an archive of the AEG forum particularly for the RPG section as it had a LOT of great posts and ideas.

Does anyone know if AEG or FFG ever allowed access  to the old posts ? or if anyone saved them somewhere? I really want to get my hands on them.

I will ALWAYS be a bit miffed that AEG just took down the archives without any warning. I would not have minded them locking the archives as that would still allow members to access & save old posts but just taking them down?

8 hours ago, Akodo_Aoshi said:

Hello all,

I am looking (hoping) to find an archive of the AEG forum particularly for the RPG section as it had a LOT of great posts and ideas.

Does anyone know if AEG or FFG ever allowed access  to the old posts ? or if anyone saved them somewhere? I really want to get my hands on them.

I will ALWAYS be a bit miffed that AEG just took down the archives without any warning. I would not have minded them locking the archives as that would still allow members to access & save old posts but just taking them down?

Probably it's gone. Many people asked for this RPG section without success. Few month ago, one of the moderators said at FB that they will bring it back, but it didn't happen yet. 

About  copies i archived only Rules section of CCG they reintroduced after sale for some time.

Historically, AEG's been hesitant to share forums they've removed from public view. Some of that reasoning makes sense -- they're not doing anything with L5R right now, and it's not unreasonable to expect it'd be a lot of traffic to L5R forums they'd be hosting but not profiting from. Some of it, sad to say, is also a matter of publicity, since much of why old L5R died was plain as day on those forums -- broken promises, hopes offered but unrealized, etc. If AEG wanted a clean break from that, I can't exactly blame them.

On 25/09/2017 at 2:10 PM, kempy said:

Probably it's gone. Many people asked for this RPG section without success. Few month ago, one of the moderators said at FB that they will bring it back, but it didn't happen yet. 

About  copies i archived only Rules section of CCG they reintroduced after sale for some time.

Pity, a very greate pity. Is there anyone we could choose to contact to request these forums be brought back even in locked state for a limited period of time?

On 27/09/2017 at 3:49 AM, SirEuain said:

Historically, AEG's been hesitant to share forums they've removed from public view. Some of that reasoning makes sense -- they're not doing anything with L5R right now, and it's not unreasonable to expect it'd be a lot of traffic to L5R forums they'd be hosting but not profiting from. Some of it, sad to say, is also a matter of publicity, since much of why old L5R died was plain as day on those forums -- broken promises, hopes offered but unrealized, etc. If AEG wanted a clean break from that, I can't exactly blame them.

I don't mind AEG taking the forums down after all as you said they no longer own L5R. I do mind them taking them down without a warning and grace period. Locking the forum for a month or two (to prevent angry posters) while allowing players to save all the useful posts would have been ideal.