Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drasnighta

Canadian Nationals Final Stream 2017

58 posts in this topic

I wasn't able to make out upgrades, but in essence:


VSD
GSD
2x Gozanti
+ A Whole mess of Unique and Generic TIEs

 

vs

Ackbar MC80
5x GR75
+ 2 VCX and some other Squadrons

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Truthiness said:

So Sloane for the Imperial player?

Someone with Audio will have to answer that.

Someone typed out that the VSD was a VSD-I with Flight Controllers, Hangar Bays and Quad Battery Turrets...

So it sounds like something you'd Sloane with.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Demo looks like its not going to run, but going to try for the kill on the MC80...

Defensively, it looks like it has Redundant + Reinforced Blast Doors.

 

 

EDIT:

As I said that, he's now tweaked the Maneuver tool to fly away instead.

 

Edited by Drasnighta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Near as I can tell from what commentators were saying, Norm's list was:

  • GSD1 w/Sloane, Demolisher, Ordnance Experts, APTs
  • VSD1 w/Flight Controllers, Expanded Hangar Bays, Quad Battery Turrets
  • Gozanti w/Comms Net 
  • Gozanti w/Vector, Hondo Ohnaka
  • Gozanti w/Jamming Field
  • Howlrunner, Maarek Stele, Saber Squadron, Mauler Mithel, Colonel Jendon, Black Squadron, Major Rhymer, 3x TIE FIghters

398 points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

*five minutes ago* - sweet! A live stream!!

*now* snooooooore

They really need to do away with this win-by-one-point model. I'm on board the Q Model Train.

Is that the thing he proposed where the top eight go into basically a sub-tournament where they round-robin and winners are based on those, new tournament points?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Is that the thing he proposed where the top eight go into basically a sub-tournament where they round-robin and winners are based on those, new tournament points?

Not necessarily round robin.

Just removing the elimination and going mini-swiss.

 

Just primarily removing Win/Loss elimination rounds from the deal.

GiledPallaeon and Ardaedhel like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Not necessarily round robin.

Just removing the elimination and going mini-swiss.

 

Just primarily removing Win/Loss elimination rounds from the deal.

On the one hand, more games. On the other hand, more games.

Maturin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GiledPallaeon said:

On the one hand, more games. On the other hand, more games.

Eh, Its moot to me, anyway.  

The only way I'll get to see a Nationals is if FFG decide to share them around the Country and it comes out West.

...

And odds are, if that happens, I'd be running the **** thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Eh, Its moot to me, anyway.  

The only way I'll get to see a Nationals is if FFG decide to share them around the Country and it comes out West.

...

And odds are, if that happens, I'd be running the **** thing.

Dras, mark my words: if they bring Canadian nationals to somewhere you can play, and you would have to end up Marshaling instead, I will volunteer to come up to the frozen north and Marshal so you can play.

IceQube MkII and Formynder4 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If i saw it correct, Norm won 129 to 122. The match was at 122 vs 122 for a long time, untill one Z95 was killed in the last turn with the last attack. This was way to close :P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, efay said:
  • Howlrunner, Maarek Stele, Saber Squadron, Mauler Mithel, Colonel Jendon, Black Squadron, Major Rhymer, 3x TIE FIghters

Really interessting, that i had nearly the same squadrons on my nationals. ;)
Switch Rhymer with Ciena, Saber with Valen and Black with TIE Fighter and it is my squadron list.

I found Rhymer not this good anymore, and Ciena way more stable and can deal more damage.
And i thought as well about Saber, but Valen is just so much harder to kill, and can do as well a lot of damage. But both are (more or less) immune to the counter attacks.

But Rhymer did pay off, because he could attack the transports in the first turn with the bonus range. Not sure if he would be in range without Rhymer.

Green Knight likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Truthiness said:

Ugh. That sounds unbearable. For the sake of the game, 4+4 for the love of God.

yeah those Zs/VCX missed out killing saber squadron by 1 HP. It was super tense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Eh, Its moot to me, anyway.  

The only way I'll get to see a Nationals is if FFG decide to share them around the Country and it comes out West.

...

And odds are, if that happens, I'd be running the **** thing.

Seeing as 2018 is at breakout con...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another benefit of 4+4... you can stream and just move the camera to where the action is!

Like "NFL RedZone" in the States.  I think viewers would have more fun watching.  Also, it guarantees that everyone fights hard because you can't just dodge and "outpoint" someone.

To me, it's unnatural for folks to play Swiss scoring and then switch to single elimination scoring.

Formynder4 and mcworrell like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IceQube MkII said:

Another benefit of 4+4... you can stream and just move the camera to where the action is!

Like "NFL RedZone" in the States.  I think viewers would have more fun watching.  Also, it guarantees that everyone fights hard because you can't just dodge and "outpoint" someone.

To me, it's unnatural for folks to play Swiss scoring and then switch to single elimination scoring.

I've yet to see a really exciting elimination game played through to the end.

I would not be sad if elimination rounds disappeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Its on right now.


https://www.twitch.tv/vttvlive

I don't have any sound at this location, so I have no idea if there's any discussion beyond the Twitch Chat.

Hmm, I only find the X-Wing matches, which are good and fun, but I was looking for the armada finals :(

Nevermind, 7 and a half hours in Armada finals are coming up ^_^

Edited by SEApocalypse
Green Knight likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0