Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
copperbell

The Martian meets Captain Scarlet?

13 posts in this topic

Been wondering about a near future scenario inspired by the Martian movie and the newer Captain Scarlet series courtesy of the Rat Trap episode I got to watch the other day.

There's two possible scenarios either deal with a resupply mission that's been changed into a rescue mission after all contact with a manner mission on the surface of Mars is lost or deal with the actual mission on Mars itself which then leads to the rescue mission turning up.

Which one sounds more interesting to you?

My idea involves BOTH so it's starts off with the rescue mission until they reach Mars orbit then switches to their second character where you learn what happened which the rescue mission will learn from downloaded records until they reach what's left of the base before switching back before learning the second characters fates

However

They find a crashed spaceship heavily hinting humanity colonised the solar system before some unknown menace caused the destruction of their mainworld of Mars forcing the survivors to colonise the Earth!

Was wondering if Genesys could handle that!😉

Very high actually!😨

Don't open if you're uninterested!😝

The twist is that half the original team was ordered to kill her because rival governments thought she was working for the other!

Edited by copperbell
A step too far!
Robin Graves likes this

Posted (edited)

Putting my money where my mouth is and getting both complete series in preparation to see if I can get this idea into a workable game!

I still think Scarlet's dad was a Mysterion when he came back from Mars and THATS why Scarlet didn't die like the other Mysterions do! (Except Black)

Edited by copperbell

SPOILERS: I love that one episode from the old series in wich Scarlet saves Col White, but he had to disobey orders to do it. So now he's facing court martial and looking at some serious jail time...

untill Col. White, has that sentance upgraded to death peanlty by fireing squad! But since it's Cap. Scarlet that does absolutly nothing to him and he's free to go back on active duty.

copperbell and Rrok007 like this

21 hours ago, Desslok said:

Wait - there's a new Captain Scarlet series?!? 

*runs off to youtube*

It's not completely new. It's a CGI series that Anderson attempted a few years ago. I still haven't watched more than the first episode, but I wasn't impressed. Sad, cause I loved CS.

Okay, yeah - not so good as the original series. Only one episode, so I wont judge too harshly, but it didn't exactly compel me to watch more. 

Actually, I think the setting could be cool enough - although I might go with an Andersonverse. You have the International Rescue as a crisis response team, Captain Scarlet and his team waging a secret war against aliens, Outer Space is protected by the Supreme Headquarters Alien Defense Organisation while the seas defended by the World Aquanaut Security Patrol. Oh, and the moon? Yeah, it hasn't been in orbit since 1999.

I think I kind of want to play that.

Rrok007 likes this

Don't give up on the CGi series just yet, they get better, (not quite as good as the original series) If I remember the mysterons go ofter a nuclear power plant at one point. Wich is a great improvement over some of the old ones.

This is the voice of the mysterons! This week we will kill time itself!  (Spoilers) and it turns out they are just wanna assassinate a guy called Captain Tiempo (time).

Seriously wondered about SHADO back when I was messing about with an earlier version of this idea using the Cortex system!

Heh given how many spaceships they showed during that Thunderbirds Are Go episode with the Space Mine it's going to be crowded up there!

That original game involved a plane crash and eventual reveal one of the passengers wasn't aboard leading the players in a mad dash to find that scientist before whoever was behind the plane crash finds her first!

Posted (edited)

Thinking about a timeline for this.

2013-15 an International attempt to create a working spacecraft fails due to political infighting.

December 2015 just 2 months after the various scientists returned home the Maneuver Drive being designed by ESA is successfully tested however the success is overlooked by a new form of Fission developed as a potent power source.

March 2015 the entire research team and existing research are thought lost when the Navy Transport Plane used to illegally transfer them crashes off the East Coast of the US.

It's ultimately blamed on a Senior American Scientist assigned to ESA who abused his position to arrange the transfer.

May 2015 ESA finally admit the lead scientist wasn't even present when the rest of research team and research was illegally relocated after the US is contacted by the now ex-ESA Scientist who noticed her tagged tech was being used by the US even though they had claimed to have been "lost".

Even after being warned and a failed attempt by the US to bring her in a NSA Agent directly contacts after the successor to the space shuttle disappears after launch.

Turns out someone at NASA trying to desperately retain funding used a damaged maneuver drive built for a satellite probe that actually worked fine jumping the shuttle from Earth into orbit of Mars...

Fortunately even though no longer working for ESA she's able to re-establish communications and remotely jump the shuttle back into Earth orbit.

The shuttle too badly damaged to risk re-entry is scuttled after the surviving crew make a spacewalk to the International Space Station.

Edited by copperbell