Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bludgeon

Board but with symbols

10 posts in this topic

Since I will be printing my own board some time soon, I thought why not tinker with it ;)

The idea is to replace the text of all "draw card" spaces with symbols to make them easier to use (mostly for less experienced players, but even I will have easier time reading the board).

dd9c6374fad062ce.png 

Casuality, Earl Wynn and DomaGB like this

I really like this idea. A while back, I was tinkering with an idea on how to remove / reduce the repetitive draw card text myself, but I never took the time to really research or implement it the way that you have. I'm impressed! Looks great! 

I have spoken multiple times, requesting for a Deluxe Edition Talisman, now not probable since FFG is now not making the game, using a smaller board similar in size to 2nd edition. The idea was to make the common size of the spaces the size of a card. The problem was text would be very small. The idea of using iconography is a great idea.

But using smart icons is usually missed. Since it is for yourself, which icons means what won't be an issue.

Edited by DomaGB

Hi.

First of all, this is a brilliant idea, very well done.

But i’m afraid this method can’t work on the some of the expansions spaces.

I remember that in the Highlands, for example, some spaces guide you to draw a card even if there is already a card in that space.

In the city expansion as i recall, most street spaces guide you to draw one card, with a maximum of 3 cards which can be on the same space.

i’m aftaid you will need text for that kind of spaces? Or maybe another smart symbol?

The text is still on those spaces (except for the city, which I changed to normal draw because there isnt' space for more cards anyway)