hengst2404

First Play of Arkham

33 posts in this topic

So basically the only time flying monsters are a serious issue is when they first appear, assuming they spawn on you, and when you end your movement on a street area? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hengst2404 said:

So basically the only time flying monsters are a serious issue is when they first appear, assuming they spawn on you, and when you end your movement on a street area? 

Things will become a lot nastier when you add any expansion featuring monster surges (Flyers would move a ton more), and if you have board expansions in play, you'll be stuck out in the streets a lot more, so, it won't be that safe. But core game yeah, Flyers are easily dodgeable

Wolfpack48 and hengst2404 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Julia said:

Things will become a lot nastier when you add any expansion featuring monster surges (Flyers would move a ton more), and if you have board expansions in play, you'll be stuck out in the streets a lot more, so, it won't be that safe. But core game yeah, Flyers are easily dodgeable

Ahh, okay, that is good to know. I think we will do at least one more core play with Cthulu and then try my first expansion, Dunwich. I have Dunwich and I think Insmouth right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MadFuhrer said:

Just so you remember, you have to stop your movement after fighting a monster, which often times leaves you in the street where flying monsters will come to assail you.

Yeah, this I am definitely aware of. Thus far I have been very fortunate to be able to evade, I have not gotten caught in the street. I am guessing this luck will not last forever :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hengst2404 said:

Ahh, okay, that is good to know. I think we will do at least one more core play with Cthulu and then try my first expansion, Dunwich. I have Dunwich and I think Insmouth right now. 

Aye, definitely you'll see more flyers action, plus Innsmouth has a location that's always considered adjacent to the Sky (so, flyers can enter there and up the nightmare level of the game)

hengst2404 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hengst2404 said:

Yeah, this I am definitely aware of. Thus far I have been very fortunate to be able to evade, I have not gotten caught in the street. I am guessing this luck will not last forever :)

True, but you're also avoiding very well the first rookie strategic mistakes, i.e. fighting monsters all the way along (and thus losing precious time). Not sayin' you have to evade forever, beware, but evade is definitely an important part of every winning strategy, especially when you have smallish parties

hengst2404 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Julia said:

True, but you're also avoiding very well the first rookie strategic mistakes, i.e. fighting monsters all the way along (and thus losing precious time). Not sayin' you have to evade forever, beware, but evade is definitely an important part of every winning strategy, especially when you have smallish parties

This is solely the result of having played Eldritch Horror already and realizing that sometimes combat is not the way to go. Then again combat is far more severe in AH, they play for keeps, so to speak!

Julia likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now