Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

What Terrain do you Want to See

25 posts in this topic

At Gencon we were treated to dynamic dioramas and scenes of combat on battlefields that were supposed to represent Tatooine, Mustafar, and Endor's Moon.

Hoth being the iconic ground battle of the OT is an absolute given.

Coruscant, for close quarters combat would make a great contrast to the above options.

What other planets and terrain do you want to see.   

Me,  I can't wait to see Ron Howard's Kessel for inspiration.  

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun
Force Majeure likes this

I would love to see Bespin inspired mix of interior and exterior combat. A Yavin inspired Jungle terrain and a Dagobah inspired swamp terrain. 

Tattoine and Endor are going to be the table standards. Hoth will most likely be a standard once the wave is released offering Snow troopers. 

I am working on a Death Star/Imperial Space Station inspired interior. Based loosely on the Death Star maps in EA's Star Wars BattleFront.

Omegaclone likes this

14 minutes ago, C3POFETT said:

I would love to see Bespin inspired mix of interior and exterior combat

Oooh...now I wanna make a map that’s literally just Bespin Platforms from the original Battlefront. Don’t know how you would make it work, but if you could...it would be pretty awesome

C3POFETT likes this

In all seriousness, I do kind of want to do an interior battlefield, but it would be tricky given the size of the play area, and making sure that there are some longer firelanes.  Star Destroyer hangar deck may be an option

7 hours ago, Ailowynn said:

Oooh...now I wanna make a map that’s literally just Bespin Platforms from the original Battlefront. Don’t know how you would make it work, but if you could...it would be pretty awesome

In a thread I created under Imperial Assault paint and modification I have a picture of the Bespin platform map I created for a custom skirmish map. It is scaled for Imperial Assault but I am ready  to super size one for Legion.

Ailowynn likes this

A nice icy cold Hoth with trenches and echo base, and as a contrast to that Sullust with its black rock formations and hot lava streams

7 hours ago, MasterZelgadis said:

A nice icy cold Hoth with trenches and echo base, and as a contrast to that Sullust with its black rock formations and hot lava streams

A really cool and inspiring design for a table would be the Sullust survival map from EA's Star Wars BattleFront. It combines interior (hangar bay) and exterior combat. It offers plenty of cover through terrain and equipment. 

If you have the game and or the opportunity to view the map I would say do so.  

Omegaclone and MasterZelgadis like this

Nar Shaddaa would be interesting but tricky to execute well and still be playable. The toxic swamps of Nal Hutta could be an interesting terrain set as well.

14 hours ago, C3POFETT said:

A really cool and inspiring design for a table would be the Sullust survival map from EA's Star Wars BattleFront. It combines interior (hangar bay) and exterior combat. It offers plenty of cover through terrain and equipment. 

If you have the game and or the opportunity to view the map I would say do so.  

That's exactly my plan ;)

Omegaclone likes this

I was contemplating designing up a modular hangar of sorts in the ord mantell style, cant wait to see the variety of these boards!

On 9/24/2017 at 11:33 AM, C3POFETT said:

I am working on a Death Star/Imperial Space Station inspired interior. Based loosely on the Death Star maps in EA's Star Wars BattleFront.

Are you going to make one large board or make it modular?

A battle torn Theed would make for an interesting cityscape battlefield.

A Coruscant battlefield that is multi-leveled. 

I'm currently designing Tatooine/generic rocky desert  and Endor/Takodana modular boards. 

C3POFETT likes this

1 hour ago, Omegaclone said:

Are you going to make one large board or make it modular?

My original intent was to make a Death Star interior for a custom skirmish map for Imperial Assault. As I was about to begin building it Legion was announced.

I have designs for different areas of the Death Star. To keep it fresh I am going to try a modular design so that replay will not become stale. This way I can create a Star Destroyer interior only changing a few pieces.

Edited by C3POFETT

On 9/28/2017 at 7:04 AM, C3POFETT said:

I have designs for different areas of the Death Star. To keep it fresh I am going to try a modular design so that replay will not become stale. This way I can create a Star Destroyer interior only changing a few pieces.

I stumbled upon this the other day. It's for 40K but you could easily use this as a template for Death Star/Star Destroyer interiors.

http://gravengames.co.uk/the-governors-palace-gaming-board-for-warhammer-40k-and-zone-mortalis/

C3POFETT likes this

On 9/24/2017 at 11:35 PM, Admiral_Petty said:

I'd love to see someone take a crack at an Umbarra table.  I still think that planet it one of the coolest planets introduced in The Clone Wars.  

....an interesting proposal...

Its totally doable, but keeping it affordable would be the trick....

Admiral_Petty likes this

5 hours ago, Omegaclone said:

I stumbled upon this the other day. It's for 40K but you could easily use this as a template for Death Star/Star Destroyer interiors.

http://gravengames.co.uk/the-governors-palace-gaming-board-for-warhammer-40k-and-zone-mortalis/

Thanks for sharing this link. I was thinking about doing something along the same lines making sure to keep wide long hallways to avoid a game full of only close quarter combat. 

I am fighting myself on exactly how much hangar bay I want to include as it will obviously be big but I dont want it to consume my table. 

I would love to see a Kamino-ish type table. Water table top with multi level platforms and bridges. Maybe one or two larger platforms would have interior areas for objectives.

Think of it as an Ewok Village in the middle of the Atlantic. 

Omegaclone likes this

2 hours ago, C3POFETT said:

I am fighting myself on exactly how much hangar bay I want to include as it will obviously be big but I dont want it to consume my table. 

You could make four "Corner" pieces for the hanger. You could have a 1x1, 1x2, or a 2x2 hanger.

C3POFETT likes this

55 minutes ago, Omegaclone said:

You could make four "Corner" pieces for the hanger. You could have a 1x1, 1x2, or a 2x2 hanger.

Yeah I could set it up for a 2 foot depth and keeping it modular I could always use less.

Omegaclone likes this