Sign in to follow this  
sa3xxx

Time Bomb & Milk of Shub-Niggurath

Anyone have ever tried this? :)

Time bomb :
Movement:  You may place this card on your current Arkham location or street area with up to 3 Clue tokens from the bank on it.
Upkeep: If this card is on a location or street area, discard 1 Clue token from it. If there are no Clue tokens left to discard, return all monsters in the location/area to the cup, reduce all investigators in the location/area to 0 Stamina, and discard this card.

Milk of Shub-Niggurath :
Movement: Discard Milk of Shub-Niggurath to move all non-Spawn monsters in play to your current location. Then reduce your Sanity to 0 and go insane.

Getting insane :
An investigator that is reduced to 0 Sanity while in Arkham is driven temporarily insane. They must immediately discard half of their items and half of their Clue tokens (rounding down), as well as all of their retainers. The investigator then immediately moves to Arkham Asylum and gains 1 Sanity token. The investigator has no further encounters this turn, but may take his next turn as normal.

The plan :

1. give all your items other than the bomb and the milk to any other investigator.

2. move to Arkham Asylum, place a bomb with one token on it and drink the milk.

3. next upkeep, have the entire map cleaned from monsters :)

(moving onto the Asylum prevents monsters from moving away during mythos phase)

I know that this makes your investigator almost useless for 2-3 turns, but 1/ sometimes you could really need it 2/ its (just for) fun :)

:)

sa3xxx said:

Anyone have ever tried this? :)

Time bomb :
Movement:  You may place this card on your current Arkham location or street area with up to 3 Clue tokens from the bank on it.
Upkeep: If this card is on a location or street area, discard 1 Clue token from it. If there are no Clue tokens left to discard, return all monsters in the location/area to the cup, reduce all investigators in the location/area to 0 Stamina, and discard this card.

Milk of Shub-Niggurath :
Movement: Discard Milk of Shub-Niggurath to move all non-Spawn monsters in play to your current location. Then reduce your Sanity to 0 and go insane.

Getting insane :
An investigator that is reduced to 0 Sanity while in Arkham is driven temporarily insane. They must immediately discard half of their items and half of their Clue tokens (rounding down), as well as all of their retainers. The investigator then immediately moves to Arkham Asylum and gains 1 Sanity token. The investigator has no further encounters this turn, but may take his next turn as normal.

The plan :

1. give all your items other than the bomb and the milk to any other investigator.

2. move to Arkham Asylum, place a bomb with one token on it and drink the milk.

3. next upkeep, have the entire map cleaned from monsters :)

(moving onto the Asylum prevents monsters from moving away during mythos phase)

I know that this makes your investigator almost useless for 2-3 turns, but 1/ sometimes you could really need it 2/ its (just for) fun :)

:)

Personal I prefer using Milk with Flute of the Outer Gods :') but Time bomb is a decent second.

Just a little specification on this point, when possible! After using the Time bomb, you have to return all monsters to the cup,while after using the Flute? I think you can claim them as trophies (whenever possible), since you entered Combat with all of them (the Time bomb is a trap, after all, not a *real* fight), but I'm not 100% sure about this

I did it once with Rita (so I would get my choice of Madness), but I didn't use the Asylum.  A Cultist moved away, but the point was to clear two Dark Young and a Colour away from gates.

A few more times, I have used the Time Bomb with the Mi-Go Brain Case to kill a pesky stationary monster while at the same time slipping through the gate it was guarding.

Avi_dreader said:

:)Personal I prefer using Milk with Flute of the Outer Gods :') but Time bomb is a decent second.

Forgive me, but how is this possible?  You go insane, but then you get up and fight?  You're going to tell me that "having no more encounters that turn" doesn't apply to the movement phase, aren't you?

Stupid backwards-compatibility bullcrap.

Tibs said:

He probably means that he would come back later and Flute them.

::Laughter:: sorry, I forget that not all of you are used to playing schizophrenic Arkham.  "I" in my case means three investigators, so I'd give one the flute, and the other the milk.  I wouldn't wait a turn for some to get away.

@Julia, I'm fairly certain you get the monster trophies, but I can't remember where I heard or read that, so if you'd ask some of the other players for a text or authority citation, that might be a good idea.

Avi_dreader said:

::Laughter:: sorry, I forget that not all of you are used to playing schizophrenic Arkham.  "I" in my case means three investigators, so I'd give one the flute, and the other the milk.  I wouldn't wait a turn for some to get away.

Oh, of course.  Sorry, Avi.  It's just that the opening example was about using one Investigator to take all the heatgoing insane and being monster bait to keep them all at the Asylumand my mind got set on being at the Asylum for your example as well.  Silly me.

jgt7771 said:

Avi_dreader said:

Oh, of course.  Sorry, Avi.  It's just that the opening example was about using one Investigator to take all the heatgoing insane and being monster bait to keep them all at the Asylumand my mind got set on being at the Asylum for your example as well.  Silly me.

Yes, how silly of you, to not think that when I said I, I meant I, and other I, and other other I :')

Avi_dreader said:

@Julia, I'm fairly certain you get the monster trophies, but I can't remember where I heard or read that, so if you'd ask some of the other players for a text or authority citation, that might be a good idea.

Thank you Avi for the answer. I was quite certain too, that claiming trophies was possible. And after all it's logical: after winning a Combat, you claim the trophies, and the Flute is a way for winning a combat.

Julia said:

The Flute is a way for winning a combat.

This statement only makes sense in two universes: the Cthulhu Mythos, and beating the boss of dungeon 5 in Zelda.