GhostofNobodyInParticular

[Mafia] CorSec Training - DAY 3

576 posts in this topic

Hello and welcome to the latest game of Mafia on these forums! In the spirit of doing something new yet old, common yet heretofore unseen, I am doing a simple, Matrix6 Open Setup for this game. In order to fit it somewhat into a flavor-type setting as the other games:

'You are all CorSec cadets, and have reached that point in your training where the instructors test your abilities to work undercover. You take fake IDs and must act in character until you each have completed your objectives.'

Stealing from Biggs now:

THE RULES, BRIEFLY:
No editing your posts.
No talking Out Of Thread unless you are able to do so.
Don't quote (or pretend to quote) Moderator PMs.
Don't spectator-post or like.
Don't post after hammers or day-kills.
No voting for yourself.

Don't post after dying.
Don't fake day actions.
DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS.
DON'T TALK OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD!

GxvmhDT.jpg

What's this game like?

I'm looking for 9 players, but I can scale up if we have enough interest (or can try anyway, m6 is set for 9 players)! Each "Day" will last 48 hours, and each "Night" will last 24 (or until all night actions are in, whichever comes first). Each day you will need to find and vote to kill the infiltrators. You can do this by typing "##Vote PlayerName". You only get one vote, so if you vote again it changes your vote to another player.  You can also "##vote no one" and skip your lynch for the day if the majority agrees. This is not a good idea. Catching the scum and maintaining order is more important than one or two of you being killed by mistake.  It is important to always be communicating.  If someone is being quiet after all, they may just be the criminal trying to hide their true identity!

Once a majority is reached, the hammer falls. If a majority is not reached in votes the day ends with a no lynch.

After the day ends, or the "hammer" falls it becomes Night. While most people will go to sleep, the scum becomes active and causes mayhem. The mafia are able to "##Kill" a player each night, so you'll have to find them quickly! 

What If I am not Playing?

Then please don't post in this thread, or like posts in this thread.  You can certainly read it, though. PM me for the observer's chat if you wish.

How do I win?

Read your role PM, it will tell you what you need to do to achieve victory!

The roles are:

1. Mafia Goon - You are a vanilla mafia. Your faction may perform one ##kill action every night. You win if you control the vote.
  2. Mafia Goon - You are a vanilla mafia. Your faction may perform one ##kill action every night. You win if you control the vote.
  3. Town Cop - You are the town cop. Each night you may ##investigate a player, and receive back a Town/Not-Town result. You win if all threats to town are eliminated.
  4. Vanilla Town - You are a vanilla town. You win if all threats to town are eliminated.
  5. Vanilla Town - You are a vanilla town. You win if all threats to town are eliminated.
  6. Vanilla Town - You are a vanilla town. You win if all threats to town are eliminated.
  7. Vanilla Town - You are a vanilla town. You win if all threats to town are eliminated.
  8. Vanilla Town - You are a vanilla town. You win if all threats to town are eliminated.
  9. Vanilla Town - You are a vanilla town. You win if all threats to town are eliminated.

If more than 9 players are interested, I shall add, in order:

10) Town Doctor - you are a town doctor, and each night you may ##protect a player. You win if all threats to town are eliminated.
11) Vanilla Town - You are a vanilla town. You win if all threats to town are eliminated.
12) Mafia Goon - You are a vanilla mafia. Your faction may perform one ##kill action every night. You win if you control the vote.
13) Vanilla Town - You are a vanilla town. You win if all threats to town are eliminated.
14) Vanilla Town - You are a vanilla town. You win if all threats to town are eliminated. 

And at 14 one Goon changes to: Mafia Role-blocker - You are a mafia role-blocker. Your faction may perform one ##kill action every night.You may ##block one player every night. You may ALSO perform the night kill for your team. You win if you control the vote.

Actions go, in order: Role-block, investigate/protect, and kill, so that the blocker can prevent the investigation/protection and the doc can prevent the kill.

Scum have no day-chat.

Players:

1. @JJs Juggernaut
  2. @CaribbeanNinja
  3. @EbonHawk 
  4. @Visovics
  5. @Norell
  6. @ImperialCaptain2017
  7. @Onidsen
  8. @Madaghmire
  9. @TheToad
  10. @ovinomanc3r
  11. @PodRacer
  12. @Caldias
Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular
CaribbeanNinja likes this

Matrix6 isnt supposed to be fully open, host randomly selects a row or column but doesnt tell anyone which one they picked. It becomes apparent during the game exactly what the setup is though. 

16 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Matrix6 isnt supposed to be fully open, host randomly selects a row or column but doesnt tell anyone which one they picked. It becomes apparent during the game exactly what the setup is though. 

I know. But we have yet to do an open set-up, and people mentioned wanting both it and a simple set-up. 

15 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Though this setup does look pretty balanced for an open setup anyway. 

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Let's play!

@Onidsen the troll smashed Gimly during the first round. Hilarious.

Ouch. Sounds painful...I like using Feint on trolls. :P And then swinging back with everything I've got and hoping it's enough...

Also, Truthiness pointed out a potential issue, so if we don't get to 14, I am considering changing the 3rd Goon into the Role-blocker at 12.

@Ginkapo - what do you think? Are you playing? If not I'll send you a link to the lounge and you can comment on the issue Truthi laid out there.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular