cyberknightsteve

Will we see PDF's?

16 minutes ago, TheSapient said:

I would love a discount too, but it would be a huge hassle for them to deal with proof of purchase from all the places we could have bought the book.  

Single-use scratch-off or label-reveal discount code in the book. Done.

Just now, TheSapient said:

Doesn't do anything for people who already have the book though.  And those of us who already have both....

Understood. Just commenting on the (potential) ease of implementation going forward.

When I looked earlier, I saw it was on sale for 50% off, so there’s a discount currently available whether - like you and I - one already has the book or not.

The two weeks I've had with the original book are worth the $40 I spent on it, not to mention the avoidance of the emotional turmoil of waiting for an electronic format I had no way of knowing would ever arrive.  But I bought the PDF as soon as the news broke, and, if both had been released concurrently, would not have bought the original book.

So, with regards to gauging the economic success of Genesys, you're welcome, everybody!

11 minutes ago, DarthGM said:

What's to stop me from going into a store and taking the code out of a book I haven't purchased?

Whatever’s preventing people from doing that very thing with the digital codes Marvel includes in their comics.

ETA: As an alternative, they could offer the book alone at $39.95 alongside a shrink wrapped edition that includes a digital download code for $39.95+$x.xx.

Edited by Nytwyng

1 hour ago, themensch said:

I guess FFG is going to have a very merry holiday on my dime then, since I bought 2 books, 2 sets of dice, and the PDF to boot.   Maybe I'll get to ride in their personal private jets one day.  

Sam Stewart already invited me to a round with one of his three Lamborghinis :D 

I’ve purchased both. In my opinion it’s a sound investment for literally years of potential entertainment.

Plenty of people out there spend double that on a night out on the booze, or dinner you could cook at home.

And let’s face it, the PDF makes the game even more accessible to the masses which means it will sell more copies and provide FFG with the income to keep paying their artists, designers, and writers. The upside is we get more content.

Again, it’s all sounds like a great investment to me.

12 hours ago, TheSapient said:

I would love a discount too, but it would be a huge hassle for them to deal with proof of purchase from all the places we could have bought the book.  

Evil hat does it. Similar methodology could be used.

Physical books are great for sharing with the group, but I vastly prefer PDF for reading these days. It’s actually quite shocking to me how strong this preference is (I haven’t read a physical book of any kind for some time...).

I bought 2 copies of the book and paid $70 in postage for the order. Would I have done this if I was sure a PDF was coming out....yes I would, I also bought 2 copies of the PDF and gifted one to one of my players. Have not bought any of the dice yet, I will make do with my SW sets.