cyberknightsteve

Will we see PDF's?

Be alot easier to pick up given my local game shop currently has trouble finding a copy of the Starfinder magazine!

If it's delayed any further I'll definitely ask about this instead but don't want to overdo it!

On ‎02‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 10:07 PM, Nytwyng said:

I think what he’s getting at is that none of us NEEDS a pdf (or physical copy, for that matter) of a game. It is not essential to our continued survival, even if it would be quite enjoyable and convenient.

Need can be a very subjective subject. For what it's for worth, anybody might need whatever they want as long as they don't infringe other's needs and need-nots. 

I'm just not going to be called a whiner by anybody without making a fuss: If the offending party are in the right, I don't think a little extra whining will do any harm; if they're not, I will reserve the right to feel somewhat indignant.

Fortunately ( for me, probably) the Scum of the Seven Seas is not deemed satisfactionable to a gentleman of stature.

11 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

I say the same thing whenever people whine over things they don't need.

Well, then to avoid the unloved n-word: An electronic copy would be of much greater value to me, under my current personal circumstances, than the shelf ornament. So much so that I bought extra SW books to have them ripped apart and professionally digitalised. I would very much loathe the necessity (subjectively) of violating anymore printed works; it just feels perverted.

2 hours ago, 2P51 said:

I actually couldn't care less what names people call me, troll or otherwise, because I'm not a whiner.

Or perhaps your indifference to how you are viewed has blinded you to how whiny you appear?

Seriously, people wanting a PDF of this book is not an insult to you or to FFG.  There is no reason to be upset simply because you don't personally care what format the book is released in.

2 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

I'm not whining, I don't care if they release it in PDF which is actually all I really said.  Then G-whiner wanted to get on me about need and I pointed out people don't need it, mostly because they don't, then he got all *** sore and wanted to continue to rant and I just gave as good as I got.  Simple as that.

The name calling and hostility is completely uncalled for, even if you actually believe your...interpretation...of what was posted here.

1 minute ago, TheSapient said:

The name calling and hostility is completely uncalled for, even if you actually believe your...interpretation...of what was posted here.

On 12/1/2017 at 6:39 PM, 2P51 said:

I look at it this way if FFG wants to release PDFs great.  If they don't, great.  It's their decision, and I wish them best of luck in their efforts and hope their decision is a profitable one either way because I like their products.

This would be what I wrote initially.  You tell me what I wrote there that requires anyone to respond to at all?  How am I being negative or hostile, at all?  I didn't start the current piss fest.

3 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

This would be what I wrote initially.  You tell me what I wrote there that requires anyone to respond to at all?  How am I being negative or hostile, at all?  I didn't start the current piss fest.

I don't think anyone would suggest that is where you started attacking people.

1 minute ago, TheSapient said:

I don't think anyone would suggest that is where you started attacking people.

On 12/2/2017 at 11:13 AM, 2P51 said:

People don't need it.  They're whining for it, but they don't need it.  

This is hardly attacking people viciously.  If anyone has this thin skin, they are a whiner.

I'm just telling people what they can do with themselves and their hyper sensitive hurt feelings over their 1st world rants.  All they have to do is stop posting and I will.  Someone feels the need to say something to me I feel obligated to respond.  Can't help it if they don't like the opinion, their problem not mine.

I can definitely say why I want a pdf version.  I agree that the portability is nice.  But I also want the convenience of being able to cut and paste into notes for myself.  This is handy both for having quick access to certain bits of info, but also for my process of making my own campaign rules variations.

Star Wars and licensing aside, if one were to casually look at FFG's RPG lines, one would see that they do - more often than not -offer PDFs.  I would buy a PDF even though I own 2 copies of the core book.  Portability is nice of course, but so is OCR and that's pretty nice to have.  

32 minutes ago, TheSapient said:

You might not know him that well yet, but the Pirate does give the impression of being well-set in his tracks and somewhat opinionated at times; I've yet to witness  his changing his mind on any topic. Nevertheless these easily overlooked quirks of his are more than compensated by his savvy and knowledgeability. 

When entering into one of these banters with him, as here, one should always bear in mind that no fruit will be borne from it; just make sure you're not keeping him from giving extremely useful advice in another thread. 

Well, I've had my fill of this sidetrack. I shall post anything else not directly topic-related, nevermore.

Edited by Grimmerling

No need to be nice or hedge, I am opinionated as soon as I get out of bed till I go back to sveep......I'm also blunt, mouthy, insensitive, and stubborn, probably a few others I'm missing.....

I hate when mommy and daddy fight!

Seriously though...

PDF's make money from the honest folk - nothing wrong with that.  Without a sold PDF, ppl can and will get soft copies anyway, FFG may as well make some money from it.  I personally enjoy having two: one hard, one soft copy, but that's just my pref.

It has just come to my attention that the current controversy has labelled this thread HOT. If the powers that be took notice because of it, maybe a little fruit, after all...

13 minutes ago, Grimmerling said:

I shall post anything else not directly topic-related, nevermore.

I did have to make this silly promise, didn't I?