Sign in to follow this  
Kyle Ren

New Product! Official FFG Dice Binders.

Beat me to it! Lol... You provided a link so we can just let mine die.

Here were my thoughts anyway.

Saw the new dice binders on the front page and thought 'oh cool'. That quickly turned to disappointment as it'll hold enough dice for most any 2 decks worth of dice, but not enough for 2 decks of cards. Why?

If they were for storage only, a 1:1 ratio would make sense, but Im perplexed about this decision. Not to mention the plastic dice trays look eerily like the starter ones. 

Looks like a hard pass for me... I do like all the cover art choices though!

Those are awful.

The vacuum plastic is super cheap, and not a great way to hold dice.

There is pretty much zero thought put into the design.  Space for one deck, but 47 dice?  No tokens?  It's hard to tell if the deck well will be deep enough to hold cards with heavier sleeves.

This is right up there with the X-wing Game Tiles in the "WTF? Do these people even PLAY this game?" category.

Only thing I can figure is that the design team designed a trade binder and forgot to tell marketing. For trades it makes sense to have the same number of cards and dice, and the plastic storage isn't so bad because you aren't taking the dice in and out a lot. Still seems awfully bulky though.

If it's not meant for storage, but actual play... then no, there are much better options out there.

They are clearly meant as a trading binder. There really aren't many good third party products that allows one to take a bunch of cards and dice to the game store for trading. There are many good products out there for both dice and decks though. So they needed to fill this need. $15 for a piece of cheap plastic? I guess it has SW characters on them so you have to pay the mouse for that.

Now a binder that could hold the 9 pocket card sheets and has dice storage would be interesting if done right. I will say this kind of product is a challenge to pull off.

I feel something like this should of came out at the start of the year at least with The Spirt of Rebellion, not now as most people would of bought something to hold their Destiny stuff already.

The cover art is nice but this is not for me.

For me it's to late as I have a large binder that can hold my cards (should hold 3 waves of cards when I get Empaire at War) that are not being used in making decks and a bag with 5 layers of foam (3 holding decks and dice with tokens) and 2 full of dice and a large box for my extra dice am not using or for trading.

43 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

Those are awful.

The vacuum plastic is super cheap, and not a great way to hold dice.

There is pretty much zero thought put into the design.  Space for one deck, but 47 dice?  No tokens?  It's hard to tell if the deck well will be deep enough to hold cards with heavier sleeves.

This is right up there with the X-wing Game Tiles in the "WTF? Do these people even PLAY this game?" category.

This. Plastic seems indeed super cheap, and they are not well-thought. Looks like a 1-dollar product pumped to 15 dollars because it's Star Wars. Darth Mouse strikes back, FFG cashes again.

You won't have my money

Vacuum plastic is not necisarraly cheap. 

It has everything to do with the quality and thickness of the plastic used.

it can be as thin as the trays your cookies are packed with or as thick as your luggage. It's just a process, not an indication of quality. 

Products like this are all about the fit and finish witch is impossible to know from the announcement. 

Im guessing the plastic in this is better than the stuff in the starter sets. 

Its a collectors binder trade binder and maybe a deck box but I'm not sure about that. 

Neat, they put a binder cover on the trays I got for free with the 2 Player Starters i bought.

Think I'll save my my money and not use these just like I don't use those.

So many baffling design choices made with this product...

10 minutes ago, TylerTT said:

Vacuum plastic is not necisarraly cheap. 

It has everything to do with the quality and thickness of the plastic used.

Im guessing the plastic in this is better than the stuff in the starter sets. 

It can't be any better than the stuff in the starter sets.  The design only works with plastic because it's thin and can be compressed/bent when you put dice in or take them out.  If it's durable plastic, the dice holder design doesn't work.

I pretty much destroyed the plastic dice holders that came with starter when i tried to dig each die out with my big ole fingers. By the time I got all the dice out there were all sorts of dings, dents and bends in the plastic. Now they want me to pay money for the same experience? Pass.

And that's a ton of wasted space for 44 die. It may be annoying but my plano adjustable plastic case fits all my die and some extra stuff and I just use a couple pieces of foam or the additional plastic inserts to fill in the little extra space around any compartment to keep the dice from moving during transport. A MM cardboard box that some singles were sent in holds almost all my cards. All in an old duffle bag i got for free. Total cost about  $5

At first I was disappointed because I thought this might have been the storage solution I was originally looking for before I bit the bullet and invested in foam.  But if these dice trays are anything like the starter set ones, I'm steering clear.  I'm wary that the plastic trays might eventually scratch off the painted images on the dice.  It's too bad, because the binders do look nice.

Yeah this seems like a product with little purpose. Storage for a single deck but no tokens for gameplay and more dice than you would ever use in a single deck? I'd consider one of these if the space used for the 9 dice in the lower right was used for a second deck instead, even though I'm not thrilled with the way the dice are held (I'm concerned about scuffs and scratches with this design).

I had a friend send me pictures of this first, and was excited cause they looked super cool. Then I looked at what they actually were and how they would store the dice, and decided that the only thing I liked was the cover art. I could easily home make something far superior. 

If this is the same plastic they used for kylo/rey starters the answer is - oh my god no. It damages your dice over time - scratches off the protective layer of varnish and then the paint itself. Terrible idea

There are soft plastics that are malleable enough to put dice in and out of while being durable. This does look like the cheap plastic from the starters though. I haven't seen a good trade binder that holds dice yet. This isn't it. I do believe it can be done but not half assed like this.

Probably the best solution would be a clear plastic case with a lid and has partitions fixed just right to hold dice and has a plastic flap with the 3 ring holes so it can be placed into the binder. A plano type case designed with the dice and a binder in mind.

At this point I think the Fledherr foam is the best storage solution for the dice right now though far from the cheapest.

7 hours ago, Darth evil said:

what a useless addition, and Asmodee Canada still hasn't sent the 2 player game to my LGS. Sort you **** first then come out with useless crap, thanks

Asmodee Canada are the worse. They don't ship items on time and they raised the minimum selling price for LGS on all FFG products.

This product is the most useless p.o.s. introduced for this game.

The card deck area is both too large and too small (too big for one deck, but no thought given for  second deck.)
The dice area contains space for too many dice, and honestly... the vacuum plastic is crap.

This is just... garbage.