Blackbird888

Unlimited Power -- Sourcebook for Mystics

1 hour ago, Nytwyng said:

Didn't see this in a search of the thread, but may have still missed it--

For the Conjure Duration upgrade, anyone else notice that the first instance of the upgrade in the tree calls out medium range, but the other two (and the detailed description below the tree) says short? Tried submitting a rules question, but kept getting an error page. So I figured I'd see what everyone else thought about it. It wouldn't be the first time that a similar Force power upgrade has slightly different effects, but it seems odd that it calls out the ranks, and that the more advantageous range (keeping a conjured item around from further away) comes first. Seems almost like it has to be a typo.

It's a typo.  The long description has no mention of range funkiness, so my bet is that the power originally had medium range, it was shortened, and they missed correcting that box. 

42 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

It's a typo.  The long description has no mention of range funkiness, so my bet is that the power originally had medium range, it was shortened, and they missed correcting that box. 

That's what I was figuring. That's how I entered it into OggDude's, too. ?

Just now, Saseav said:

I mean can you use any? 

It doesn't specify, but my assumption, as with all powers, is that the effect needs to make sense with where you are.  You might be able to create an acidic spray of mist in an area of heavy vegetation (or a place where there are potential chemicals in the soil that could be released), as the plants release spores and acid at your command.  However, creating a fire would require the environment be amenable to that alteration. 

20 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:
23 hours ago, Daeglan said:

What ship is the Jedi Sojuorner? What does it look like?

There's no picture in the book (at least not one that I was able to attach to the sojourner) and I haven't been able to Google up a picture online.

There's not even a wookiepedia entry.

1 hour ago, TheShard said:

Could you flavor enviroment as tech and have it behave like a technomancer? Calling on technology?

You mean use alter on technology something like Kaneda in Akira?  There’s already the manipulate power.

32 minutes ago, SonofScarlet said:

We know the base signature abilities for Unlimited Power, but have the been expanded upon anywhere in this thread? I haven't seen it. Like, where they attach to a tree, and what upgrades they get?

Has that not been done?  Let me fix that!  Prophecy links to columns 1 and 4, while Unmatched Destiny links to columns 2 and 3.

Prophecy

Unmatched Destiny

Base

Ability

Base

Ability

Reduce Setback

Flow of the Universe

Shared Revelation

Reduce Setback

Increase Number

Destiny

Increase Number

Shared Destiny

Recurrence

Reduce Difficulty

Doom

Destiny

Frequency

Increase Number

Unleashed Power

Frequency

Prophecy:  Once per game session as an action, you may spend 1 Destiny Point and make a Hard (ttt) Vigilance check to utter a prophecy.  If successful, you correctly foretell a single event that focuses around yourself.  You must describe the event in a brief summary.  The GM can rule if the description is too involved; for example, “I see myself sitting down at a table, and receiving a great fortune” is an acceptable prophecy.  “I see myself sitting down at the sabacc table in the Misty Rancor Cantina and winning 1.2 million credits” is not.  At any time before the end of the session, you may spend 1 additional Destiny Point, at which point the foretold event transpires.  The GM should interpret the prophecy to fit the scene, and possibly reveal an interpretation of the prophecy that you did not expect.  The Gm can, however, decide that the prophecy cannot come to pass at that time (generally because it does not fit the full narrative).  In this case, the foretold event does not transpire, but the GM flips ALL dark side Destiny Points to light side Destiny Points.  After all, the future is always in motion.

Reduce Setback Upgrade:  Remove ¢ per rank from the skill check to activate Prophecy.

Flow of the Universe Upgrade:  Add ¢ to your checks to bring the foretold event to fruition.

Shared Revelation Upgrade:  The Prophecy may pertain to any one other character who hears it, instead of yourself.

Recurrence Upgrade:  One additional time this session, you may spend 1 Destiny Point to have the prophecy’s foretold event recur, likely in a different form.

Reduce Difficulty Upgrade:  The difficulty of the skill check to activate Prophecy becomes Average (tt) instead of Hard (ttt).

Doom Upgrade:  Add ¢ to checks any character makes to prevent the foretold event from occurring.

Destiny Upgrade:  You do not have to spend a Destiny Point to activate Prophecy.  You must still spend a Destiny Point to trigger the occurrence of the prophesied event.

Unmatched Destiny:  Once per game session after making a Force power check, you may spend 2 Destiny Points to reroll up to 2 Force dice.

Increase Number Upgrade:  You may reroll one additional Force die per rank.

Destiny Upgrade:  Unmatched Destiny costs only 1 Destiny Point to activate.

Shared Destiny:  Unmatched Destiny can be used  after another character in short range makes a Force power check to allow them to reroll Force dice instead of you.

Frequency Upgrade:  Unmatched Destiny can be used one additional time per session per rank.

Unleashed Power:  For each [LS][LS] generated on a Force power check affected by Unmatched Destiny, add automatic [LS] to the check.  For each [DS][DS] generated, add automatic [DS] to the check.

Edited by Absol197

The one big question I have is regarding the Unleashed Power upgrade.  I'm not sure if it adds an extra pip for every two raw pips of that color rolled, or if it specifically needs you to roll a 2-pip result on a die to get the bonus pip.  If they do a Q&A, I intend to ask for clarification.  My hope, obviously, is for the former interpretation :) .

Just now, Shlambate said:

From your last post, you mention Unleash? Some errata you want QA'ed?

No, Unleashed Power, the upgrade for the Unmatched Destiny signature ability.  Not Protect/Unleash, the power.  Unleashed Power lets you add one Light side pip for every 2 Light side pips rolled, and one Dark side pip for every 2 Dark side pips rolled when you use Unmatched Destiny.

I was wanting clarification if that was "count up the pips of each color, and add one more for every two," or if it was "for each individual die that rolled 2 pips of a color, add another pip of that color."

4 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

No, Unleashed Power, the upgrade for the Unmatched Destiny signature ability.  Not Protect/Unleash, the power.  Unleashed Power lets you add one Light side pip for every 2 Light side pips rolled, and one Dark side pip for every 2 Dark side pips rolled when you use Unmatched Destiny.

I was wanting clarification if that was "count up the pips of each color, and add one more for every two," or if it was "for each individual die that rolled 2 pips of a color, add another pip of that color."

Ah ok English is stupid, because Unleashed Power can mean two things gotcha

43 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

I took it to mean for each die that came up with double pips, add 1 of the appropriate pip, e.g. if you roll a double light side on a die, you add another lightside pip to your pool.

Just now, Vek Baustrade said:

I took it to mean for each die that came up with double pips, add 1 of the appropriate pip, e.g. if you roll a double light side on a die, you add another lightside pip to your pool.

That was my original interpretation too, but reading the full description made it a bit fuzzier.  Clarification would be nice :) .

3 hours ago, Absol197 said:

That was my original interpretation too, but reading the full description made it a bit fuzzier.  Clarification would be nice :) .

I’m running off how Absol typed it (so symbols will look different to book) but I took it to mean for every 2 pips of the colour gain 1 additional pip