Blackbird888

Unlimited Power -- Sourcebook for Mystics

2 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Now @Absol197 can have her character become a potion seller. Cool.

No, Kemna's not really an alchemist.  Seer?  Absolutely.  Prophet?  Entirely.  Magus?  Assuredly.  Alchemist?  Eeeh.  If i somehow get all the way through the other four Mystic specs, sure, but it's not a major stop on her path.

Edited by Absol197

Also... I can't help but notice that the first picture of the man with the glowy green sword is titled "Force Conjure."  Is it possible that that's the name of one of our mysterious new Force powers?  If so... well, I'd have mixed feelings about that, but... one of those feelings is "That's awesome!" so...

Edited by Absol197

3 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Also... I can't help but notice that the first picture of the men with the glowy green sword is titled "Force Conjure."  Is it possible that that's the name of one of our mysterious new Force powers?  If so... well, I'd have mixed feelings about that, but... one of those feelings is "That's awesome!" so...

So what you're saying is that you're "ambivalent" (definition is having strong mixed feelings, although a lot of people incorrectly use ambivalent to mean that they don't care whic is the exact opposite of its definition) about it.

This book can't come soon enough! I can't wait to see all the new Force options and creative ways to use it, especially if Force powers let you conjure things and for the alchemy crafting rules.

I am dying to play a character that explores all of that, but I am also running a weekly episodic campaign that has the players racing against the Empire to save Force artifacts from the Purge, learning about the Force and their place in the Galaxy in the process. This book is going to be so perfect for amping up that campaign!

Also, with a Force Conjure type character, we can literally due a Marvel campaign in Star Wars, since Dr. Strange would be possible. Oh the possibilities!

Edited by AeroEng42

28 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

No, Kemna's not really an alchemist.  Seer?  Absolutely.  Prophet?  Entirely.  Magus?  Assuredly.  Alchemist?  Eeeh.  If i somehow get all the way through the other four Mystic specs, sure, but it's not a major stop on her path.

I am dying to see the Prophet and Magus specs and to maybe re-spec my Consular Niman/Sage/Ascetic character, Ardent Lai

22 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Also... I can't help but notice that the first picture of the men with the glowy green sword is titled "Force Conjure."  Is it possible that that's the name of one of our mysterious new Force powers?  If so... well, I'd have mixed feelings about that, but... one of those feelings is "That's awesome!" so...

guessing this is to help with dathomir witch chars, but we'll see.  If it is it should end up being useful for ascetics( i think thats the consular spec with minimalist stuff) as well

53 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Daaaaaaaaarkneeeeeeeeeeessssssssss.............

Summon Sithspawn Confirmed!!!! Possibly......... !!!!!

49 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

So what you're saying is that you're "ambivalent" (definition is having strong mixed feelings, although a lot of people incorrectly use ambivalent to mean that they don't care whic is the exact opposite of its definition) about it.

Quite.  After giving it a bit of thought, I've decided that, as long as the conjured items are not permanent, I'm mostly fine with the idea.  I can mash it into my conceptualization of the Force as a momentary manifestation.  Basically a much more concentrated version of Move.

And if the conjured objects have to look supernatural (or simply have the option to :) ), I've decided that Kemna, should she ever learn the power (it's not really in her wheelhouse, even if we assume that it IS one of the new powers), would conjure objects either composed of twinkling silver starlight, or dancing aurora-light (auroras are kind of a thing for her).

Also, I've been giving the little sliver of the Alchemy tables we were given some thought, and... I realized something.  The Advantage crafting options all include a number of Light Side pips as something you can spend to get those options, but it leaves one wondering: why specifically Light Side pips, and not the generic Force points?  And where are the Dark Side pips?

And that gives us an interesting glimpse further down the table.  You see, I'm betting that the Threat/Despair options also allow you to spend Dark Side pips to add negative effects to an alchemical creation.  Meaning that, if your normal dice roll Success with Advantage/Triumph, but your Force dice roll a bunch of Dark Side pips, you can have an alchemical concoction with both positive and negative side effects.  Also, this makes the Transmogrify talent AMAZING for alchemy.  Sure, you're not spending pips for Advantage on a 1-to-1 basis, but if you spend the Destiny Point to be able to draw on Dark Side pips and suffer the strain, you can prevent them from corrupting your attempt and adding bad stuff to the roll.  Instead, all the points that were going to go towards Bad Stuff go towards good stuff on a 2-to-1 basis!

Non-Alchemists can still be great at alchemy, but they'll never be able to entirely control the process as precisely as an Alchemist can.  Which is awesome :) .

34 minutes ago, pnewman15 said:

May 31st New Releases

Star Wars RPG: Force and Destiny – Unlimited Power Hardcover $29.95

Asmodee NA Weekly Update 05/18/18

:)

You are my new favorite person.
 EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

No one you need concern yourself with :P ! (Marcy...)

I know I don't NEED to be concerned with who they are but I am more concerned about the lives and wellbeing of my fellow forum members than I  need to be.  So I'm either a very caring person or I'm just nosy, maybe both.

7 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I know I don't NEED to be concerned with who they are but I am more concerned about the lives and wellbeing of my fellow forum members than I  need to be.  So I'm either a very caring person or I'm just nosy, maybe both. 

Well, if you're a good Mystic and very Vigilant (and Perceptive), the answer may be right in front of your nose :D !
White-text is how we Mystics talk to each other.  Anyone can read the regular text, but it takes someone skilled in the mystic arts to follow a white-text conversation across multiple threads!

Edited by Absol197

5 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

?Ycram

Hmm... You backwards speech needs a little work, but you have found the correct answer :) !*
* Disclaimer:  Marcy/pnewman15 are my favorite persons on the forums here.  Other favorite persons in different spheres of life may or may not be included.

Edited by Absol197

I seriously doubt it is.  They make mention of crafting talismans, so even if the more "fleshwarp-y" aspects aren't in there, potions are not going to be the entirety of the alchemy section.  Otherwise the chart we see wouldn't be titled "Spending [symbols] when Potion Creations."  It'd be called "Spending [symbols] on Alchemical Creations" or something like that. 

Edited by Absol197

I see @Absol197 is still in one piece ?

This has good news and bad news attached

BAD NEWS: I wont spoil it but I got my book notice this morning!

GOOD  NEWS: Absol can predict warrior things soon!

@Shlambate How are you doing Good sir ? Shall I send that navicomputer update to your TIE as requested ?

18 hours ago, Shlambate said:

I made no such request, someone is messing with your communicator again. You really need to stop hanging around those rebel types.

I have it fine tuned direct to Empire connections only, how the Rebels got my PRIVATE comm channel is beyond me

Yes I may be a former Jedi turned sole heir of KDY, and yes I still have my lightsaber, but running a ship construction company is actually easier than being a Jedi of any kind