Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShadowFox1138

What if Thrawn crossed over to Star Trek

12 posts in this topic

Well you have a bunch of single-race Empires...and the Federation. I feel like it would be Federation by default for a blue skinned alien. His intellect would be welcomed. If race isn't an issue, then probably Romulan. Clever and ruthless is kinda their thing.

5 hours ago, Truthiness said:

Well you have a bunch of single-race Empires...and the Federation. I feel like it would be Federation by default for a blue skinned alien. His intellect would be welcomed. If race isn't an issue, then probably Romulan. Clever and ruthless is kinda their thing.

This. He'd clash with Starfleet Command for the same reasons the Expeditionary Force wasn't sad to see him switch uniforms, but if you choose the right part of the timeline (Dominion War, anything in the STO era), Starfleet will overlook it to have him on their ships instead of someone else's. Over time Starfleet probably has a better chance of softening him (by which I mean learning to control his aggressive tendencies) than either the Chiss or the Empire did (not that the latter bothered to try; it was a feature there). I'd pay good money to see how he would have fought the Dominion War (either with or instead of Sisko) and how he'd handle the Borg. No art, whatcha gonna do now, Admiral?

28 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

how he'd handle the Borg. No art, whatcha gonna do now, Admiral?

He'd give a monologue about how everyone just thinks the Borg have no art. How he can clearly see the artistry present in the architecture of their Cubes and Spheres. Then launch some elaborately chaotic assault involving a plethora of different weapons and energy fields leaving the Borg unable to adapt quickly enough to deal with it.

15 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

He'd give a monologue about how everyone just thinks the Borg have no art. How he can clearly see the artistry present in the architecture of their Cubes and Spheres. Then launch some elaborately chaotic assault involving a plethora of different weapons and energy fields leaving the Borg unable to adapt quickly enough to deal with it.

See, I would expect something more along these lines, except without the positive bits:

Side note: on rewatching videos, I have learned that I need to replay this game, and that I really didn't remember the line I was looking for, but the conglomeration is buried in this video (I think).

Megatronrex likes this

I agree with the Romulan Star Empire idea...but I be curious if he could take over the Mirror Universe, just for kicks. 

Thrawn would have been an interesting allied fleet commander during the Dominion War, coordinating the strengths of each of the three powers while trying to isolate and use the weaknesses of the dominion.

ShadowFox1138 likes this

On 9/30/2017 at 8:36 PM, ShadowFox1138 said:

I agree with the Romulan Star Empire idea...but I be curious if he could take over the Mirror Universe, just for kicks. 

Wouldn't be hard the mirror universe is full of morons.