Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShadowFox1138

At last...He is coming...the Legend...the Chiss....THRAWN!

74 posts in this topic

Not sure how I feel about Thrawn yet...I look forward to trying him out....(whenever it decides to ship to the USA)

What do you all think about him at this point and time?

All Hail Thrawn!

36 minutes ago, geek19 said:

Booooooo! Stick with your Rebel leanings! Don't be the Erisi Dlarit of Armada!

Seems more like an inverse of Kallus to me. Also, I clearly need to reread the Rogue Squadron books because I had to look up that reference.

55 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

And from someone calling himself bloody Pallaeon at that.

Put Grodin Tierce in front of me (or worse, a Flim) and I'll call you on it. ;)

Lord Preyer likes this

12 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Seems more like an inverse of Kallus to me. Also, I clearly need to reread the Rogue Squadron books because I had to look up that reference.

I just recently reread the Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron/Dinner Squadron books, and they are just as fun as I remember.  I had to put down "I Jedi" but Starfighters of Adumar still made me actually laugh out loud while reading it several times.

I didn't try to build anything with him cause I am quite sure he will be the only commander  I will use and I want to enjoy the last days if the rest. Only JJ could resist him, and Vader (this one just for fun and I have already other two awesome ways to play him).

Flengin likes this

Thrawn - At the start of the game, set aside 3 command dials of your choice. Then once per turn at the beginning of the turn, you spend a set aside dial and every friendly ship will receive an additional dial matching the spent dial when they activate.

There may be some specific timing I am forgetting but that is the general gist of it.

52 minutes ago, TheBigLev said:

Thrawn - At the start of the game, set aside 3 command dials of your choice. Then once per turn at the beginning of the turn, you spend a set aside dial and every friendly ship will receive an additional dial matching the spent dial when they activate.

There may be some specific timing I am forgetting but that is the general gist of it.

*Edit* Disregard. Missed a post in between.

Edited by Truthiness

6 hours ago, geek19 said:

I just recently reread the Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron/Dinner Squadron books, and they are just as fun as I remember.  I had to put down "I Jedi" but Starfighters of Adumar still made me actually laugh out loud while reading it several times.

I actually just started them again myself......and also they are every bit as good as I remember

mcworrell likes this

2 hours ago, ShadowFox1138 said:

I find this on DA...I know its not a big thing....but why did they use the old Thrawn image, since they changed him.

This version seems to be a hybrid of Legends Thrawn and Newcanon Thrawn.

It's got Legends Thrawn's monochrome red eyes, lack of forehead curves, and lack of code cylinders.

But it's got Newcanon Thrawn's shoulder boards. Legends Thrawn had gold braid on his shoulders - this one doesn't.

4 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

... what exactly does Thrawn actually do?  Like, help me read the card here. 

1. Trigger boarding actions not caring about enemy ICBs or slicers and not wasting the officer slot with veteran captains.

2. Command squadrons not caring about enemy slicers at the same time you navigate.

3. Ey! Look at this! An engineering command just at time.

4. 3 rounds of combat. All of them with additional dice and without loosing more valuable commands like squadrons or navigate.

5. Gozantis that provide tokens at the same time they use a dial.

6. Double speed change. Boosted engineering commands. +1 squadron activation without hangar. Dice+reroll. 

7. Actually almost whatever you could imagine you will need eventually. 

Personally I would've preferred if they had commissioned a new Thrawn art from me or another artist, but I guess since they already paid for the old art they might as well use it.

Eggzavier and Crabbok like this

I mean, I'm happy Thrawn's coming, and in the best possible way, in an ISD pack, but he's just a little too good. If it were 2 dials instead of three, he'd still be amazing but now I'd actually consider other commanders that aren't Motti or Sloane...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: As a Rebel player, I'm looking forward to killing Thrawn. If I'm lucky, I do it before he gets off all 3 of his commands, too. He's going to be good, but he won't be an automatic win.

6 minutes ago, geek19 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: As a Rebel player, I'm looking forward to killing Thrawn. If I'm lucky, I do it before he gets off all 3 of his commands, too. He's going to be good, but he won't be an automatic win.

You're welcome to try, Rebel scum ;)

Come deeper into my trap.