Cubanboy

HAPPY SUPER FRIDAY of SUPER FRIDAYS

48 posts in this topic

Talking about fantasy-realm changes...

I would love to see more abilities packaged into ships instead of on upgrades. Minimal upgrade system. I know it'll never happen because FFG loves their tiny cards.

And maybe a system of firing arcs that makes a little more sense. On an ISD, 12:00 should be the most dangerous zone, not 10:00 and 2:00.

Realistically...

More frequent communication from FFG.

More local players.

A really high value batrep YouTube channel.

More campaign play.

Democratus and Megatronrex like this

21 minutes ago, Nostromoid said:

And maybe a system of firing arcs that makes a little more sense. On an ISD, 12:00 should be the most dangerous zone, not 10:00 and 2:00.

Maybe they'll adapt the bullseye firing arc from X-Wing for Armada.

1.Campaign box with wave one refits/updates. 2.Updated rule book. 3. Concentrate Fire revisited to differentiate a 1 gun Gozanti from an 8 gun Imperial. Even one of the three would make me happy ūüėÄ

eliteone likes this

3 hours ago, ricefrisbeetreats said:

I'd like to see less ships and more upgrades and campaign boxes.  I don't feel like I'm missing anything at the moment so having some time to play campaigns with all my stuff would be nice.

I like that.

I've just started my collection, and have the hope of playing my first game Monday. Can't wait to reach the point where I have enough to just enjoy the gaming and not think about collecting.

2 hours ago, Nostromoid said:

A really high value batrep YouTube channel.

I've set up a YouTube channel. While I can't promise it'll have high standard expertly finished videos, it will feature plenty of Armada action. Not only a home brewed campaign, complete with an accompanying story and background, it'll include contributions from other Star Wars games and how they interact with Armada. 

EagleScoutof007 likes this

Armada 2.0:

• Simplified squad system!!! (lol good luck)
  • Merging of 2 distance/range rulers
  • Longer firing ranges (+50%)
  • Longer ship movement segments (+50%)

14 hours ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

How about "Official" 3D Obstacle Models?

I would pay...handsomely for those.

Also in the camp of more Objectives, maybe a straight up red or a new purple class of objectives based on squadrons:

"Kill more squadrons than your opponent, at the start of the 1st round, all 2nd players ships receive a squadron token" - 50 points

"Each squadron destroyed earns the attacker a victory token, each player may choose one ace squadron and assign an objective token to it, when the objective squadron is attacking it gains 2 die of any color already in its anti-squadron battery, or 1 die of any color to its anti-ship battery" - 10 points

"Eliminate all unique squads...when 1st player unique squad is defending against another squad, it can only use one defensive token"  - 75 points

Would also love an official 6x3 mat with one long image. Battle of Scarif? Endor? 

A retrofits pack, with different load-outs for current ships and new titles. 

Would love fleets bumped to 450 points. 

8 hours ago, Ghost Mouse said:

Happy Friday Cubanboy!

Not so much a change as an addition. I'd really like to see actual models and rules for the various space stations in Star Wars.

Perhaps make them duel faction and purchasable as part of a fleet. Alternatively make them neutral, with the scenario or mission determining who owns it or its effect on the game.

I really want model space stations.

+1. I would really like model space stations as well. Maybe have them be part of a new campaign. 

I remember in Empire at War you would often pull into a system and have to face a rebel or Imperial station. I think that would be cool in a campaign setting where if you attack an enemy system and their fleet isn't there you have to face a station. 

Make them have variable difficulties. Maybe even have super tough ones with objectives for co-op or solo play. 

7 hours ago, ricefrisbeetreats said:

I'd like to see less ships and more upgrades and campaign boxes.  I don't feel like I'm missing anything at the moment so having some time to play campaigns with all my stuff would be nice.

I can't agree. There are still a lot of ships I want to see models of. And with a release schedule of one or two waves per year, it is going to be a long time before i see everything I want. 

2 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

+1. I would really like model space stations as well. Maybe have them be part of a new campaign. 

I remember in Empire at War you would often pull into a system and have to face a rebel or Imperial station. I think that would be cool in a campaign setting where if you attack an enemy system and their fleet isn't there you have to face a station. 

Make them have variable difficulties. Maybe even have super tough ones with objectives for co-op or solo play. 

Have the stations spawn fighters and be equipped with different weapons. I would love to have different types of stations just like ships. I'd even be fine with them being campaign only.

A change to the current activstion system. Although i know it won't happen. 

Have it instead that each player assigns a hidden token to each ship for what ship he wants to activate in order at the start of the round.

Both players flip their hidden tokens on the ship they assigned for wanting to go frist.  Ship with lower command value acts 1st. If tied, ship with the least points acts. Or have players flip a coin.

Continue until all ships have activated in order assigned.

I feel this places more emphasis on actual fleet strategy, quality activation, and predicting your opponents moves, rather than how many ships you bring to force your opponent into an action he doesn't want to take.

Honestly i feel *that* is more star wars and cinematic then the way its currently done.

Would make the game more interesting to watch as well.

Could make a netural unique officers card. Equip to a ship and it will go 1st regardless of command value. Make it discard after one use.

If both ships have the officer equipped, and both declared, flip a coin.

10 hours ago, Ghost Mouse said:

I've set up a YouTube channel. While I can't promise it'll have high standard expertly finished videos, it will feature plenty of Armada action. Not only a home brewed campaign, complete with an accompanying story and background, it'll include contributions from other Star Wars games and how they interact with Armada. 

Link me?

On 9/21/2017 at 6:29 PM, Ardaedhel said:

I can get behind this.

The one thing that really bothers me about the game engine--and I don't know the fix for it--is that dropping into a trailing position on your adversary is actually extremely hard to exploit well. Say I drop a raider into an MC80's rear arc at close range. Fantastic positioning, right?

Nope. If the raider goes first, yeah you get your shot, but then you either ram or end up in a side arc, and poorly positioned for trailing next turn to boot. If the 80 goes first, you don't get the shot at all.

It's not that big a deal, so I don't make a big stink about it, but I do feel like you should be rewarded rather than punished for outflanking your adversary that badly. But like I said, I don't know the solution to that, short of some inelegant edge-case rules, like front -> rear shots always being treated as -1 range or something.

Insidious says hi :)

geek19 likes this

Happy Friday!

I would say adding the SSD Executor and epic play, but that is on the way. 

So instead I would like to see area of effect damage when capital ships explode. It would provide an excellent counterpoint to squadron's ability to ride large base ships just by sitting in the front arc, and getting run over.

15 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

I can't agree. There are still a lot of ships I want to see models of. And with a release schedule of one or two waves per year, it is going to be a long time before i see everything I want. 

Understandable.  I'm sure I could find a few ships I'd like to see models of, but my fear is that we will end up seeing an X-Wing powercreep going.  The game is in a really good place right now and I'm not seeing a bunch of holes that need filled.  I'm more interested in seeing them release alternate versions of ships (Mc30 with blue/red dice) over making new ships that end up knocking off old staples.  Campaign boxes with upgrade cards and small tweaks sounds way better over pushing out new ships twice a year.  To me, the game loses it's magic when the average store goer can't come up to your table and know that you're playing a Star Wars game.

2 hours ago, ricefrisbeetreats said:

To me, the game loses it's magic when the average store goer can't come up to your table and know that you're playing a Star Wars game.

As much as I'll complain about having to kill them, this IS why I'm glad that the Imps are getting new ISD models next wave, ISDs that both bring back commanders that we haven't seen in a while (Screed) and make others viable (Cymoon Tarkin). Yeah, it's going to be a hard few months of fighting ISDs every week or so, but trial by fire is a viable method of learning!

3 hours ago, geek19 said:

As much as I'll complain about having to kill them, this IS why I'm glad that the Imps are getting new ISD models next wave, ISDs that both bring back commanders that we haven't seen in a while (Screed) and make others viable (Cymoon Tarkin). Yeah, it's going to be a hard few months of fighting ISDs every week or so, but trial by fire is a viable method of learning!

That's exactly what I love about the new ISDs. Except for the times when the Ghost is ducking a Light Cruiser around Lothal, fighting the Empire means fighting ISDs. It's the backbone of the Imperial fleet, and every battlegroup has one or two. They're supposed to be so ubiquitous and all-purpose that they are the symbol of Imperial presence. I want the game to have an ISD for every occasion, so that Empire players use them.

Realistic:

- Darth, Tarkin and Leia all reduced to 30 points.

- Something to reduce marek-jendon without drastically messing up the squadron war

More fanciful

- Some expanded terrain/objective play - being able to pick up command tokens or something from stations etc.

On 9/22/2017 at 4:42 AM, Xeletor said:

Happy Friday!

I would like star wars:legion's activation mechanic. It has cards for each commander. And the advantage of first player is won in a mini-game of picking the card face down each turn.

Of course we need new objectives then. Legion has objectives too so it should be doable.

They could make a box like CC, I would buy it.

I'm going to hold off on congratulating anything about Legion's activation mechanics until I see them in a real game (IE not a demo game, which did feel very intuitive when I played it at NOVA).

Xeletor likes this