Sign in to follow this  
Noosh

Hero ships?

Chimaera is a good choice because it combines great source material with improving the ship and the faction. I would look for ships capable of meeting the same standard. 

CR-90 could be updated using SW Rebels source material, with and Alderaan Cruiser ship card, Liberty title (potentially confusing I know) and Kanan Jarrus as an officer. Hera could be an officer or a commander. 

Raider will likely have some great content from Battlefront 2. 

These could be combined in a dual-faction pack. 

3 minutes ago, Arowmund said:

I think this is likely if the Chimaera is accepted warmly. We could easily see a 3 pack "Phoenix Squadron" repaint of the CR-90's, for example. So long as players buy, it will come.

I don't know if we'd see a multiple-pack of any ship already released. I know that I would have difficulties justifying buying a $60 expansion for 3xCR90s (or even a 2x pack for $40!) if all that was included were new ship cards/upgrade cards that were consistent with my old models. If it were a new ship, designed around Task Force titles like the Hammerhead, I could probably see buying a 3-pack if it's offered that way, but it would still be the most expensive Armada expansion to date, and I have difficulty seeing FFG doing that. A 2-pack of new small base ships, on the other hand, has already been released and I could easily see another one coming in the future.

Based on the Chimera's contents, I could see a 1xVeteran CR90 with 3xship cards for each variant, plus 2x or 3x of any Task Force-style titles included.

I wonder since the Quasar spent more time on screen as a Rebel ship, if we might see some sort of Phoenix Home (2) Quasar Rebel Repaint, making a cross faction ship like they did with Sabine's Tie in X-wing?

Along with being a worthwhile easy cash grab, I think making a Quasar also usable by the Rebels would fill their need for a cheap, high squadron value carrier ship to compete with their Imperial rivals advantage with the aforementioned Quasar; as well as give the Rebels a much needed 2nd medium sized ship.  They could even go so far as to make an "Rebellion Combat Refit" version with a little more offense.  This would make it a little more versatile & likely sell more units than the original Imperial version did.  That is based on no hard data but my own collection; and though I like & use my Quasar, I only feel the need to own the one, where most other ships I use/like I own about 3-5.

I'll be the lone objector.  I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE OF THESE!!!

I have all the Neb Bs I could want.  More wouldn't help.  I'd be buying plastic that would sit on the shelf and never get used.  I HATE that business model.  It's why I ditched X-Wing.  That goes the same for all of the ships.  I don't have a need or a desire to buy more of the same stuff I already have.

If they want to release new versions of ships (card and cardboard), they have a functioning delivery method already set up through the campaigns.

I'd much rather have them release NEW ships than repainting.

1 hour ago, kmanweiss said:

I'll be the lone objector.  I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE OF THESE!!!

I have all the Neb Bs I could want.  More wouldn't help.  I'd be buying plastic that would sit on the shelf and never get used.  I HATE that business model.  It's why I ditched X-Wing.  That goes the same for all of the ships.  I don't have a need or a desire to buy more of the same stuff I already have.

If they want to release new versions of ships (card and cardboard), they have a functioning delivery method already set up through the campaigns.

I'd much rather have them release NEW ships than repainting.

You're not alone.

I feel the same for the Chimaera expansion, I already have 2 ISDs and don't want another one as I'll never use 3 at once, but to keep updated I'll have to spend a lot of money ('cause in my country I cannot get the expansion for 50 USD only, with shiping cost and taxes it will be almost the double) to be able to use those new upgrades and the 2 squadrons

14 hours ago, Ranger Prime said:

I think making a Quasar also usable by the Rebels would fill their need for a cheap, high squadron value carrier ship to compete with their Imperial rivals advantage with the aforementioned Quasar; as well as give the Rebels a much needed 2nd medium sized ship.

I can't disagree with your statement about a second Medium ship. However, Pelta or Nebulon are your cheap Rebel carriers. Given what they can do with a few upgrades, we don't need a Quasar.

I wonder since the Quasar spent more time on screen as a Rebel ship, if we might see some sort of Phoenix Home (2) Quasar Rebel Repaint, making a cross faction ship like they did with Sabine's Tie in X-wing?

Along with being a worthwhile easy cash grab, I think making a Quasar also usable by the Rebels would fill their need for a cheap, high squadron value carrier ship to compete with their Imperial rivals advantage with the aforementioned Quasar; as well as give the Rebels a much needed 2nd medium sized ship.  They could even go so far as to make an "Rebellion Combat Refit" version with a little more offense.  This would make it a little more versatile & likely sell more units than the original Imperial version did.  That is based on no hard data but my own collection; and though I like & use my Quasar, I only feel the need to own the one, where most other ships I use/like I own about 3-5.

Why do you keep bolding the text of "Quasar"?

Heck no. I do not EVER want cross faction ships of any type in Armada. I like the individuality of the factions. If you play rebels and need a carrier, get a Pelta. Leave our Quasar alone.

1 hour ago, Darth Lupine said:

Heck no. I do not EVER want cross faction ships of any type in Armada. I like the individuality of the factions. If you play rebels and need a carrier, get a Pelta. Leave our Quasar alone.

But we're theiving rebel scum. Should we not just take it? Seriously though we don't need it IF you want one as a rebel proxy it in freindly games using the pelta's stats with a +1 to squadron, but at the quasar's price. That seems reasonable to me.

Just now, Noosh said:

But we're theiving rebel scum. Should we not just take it? Seriously though we don't need it IF you want one as a rebel proxy it in freindly games using the pelta's stats with a +1 to squadron, but at the quasar's price. That seems reasonable to me.

Heck, what you do in your games at home is your business...lol. But I never ever want to see an official cross faction ship. Just would rub me all kinds of wrong.

1 minute ago, Darth Lupine said:

Heck, what you do in your games at home is your business...lol. But I never ever want to see an official cross faction ship. Just would rub me all kinds of wrong.

To be fair to those who want; the Neb B, is technically an imperial ship. So there are those on both sides who would like to see a little faction swicharoo.  Maybe some kind of trade.....

55 minutes ago, Noosh said:

To be fair to those who want; the Neb B, is technically an imperial ship. So there are those on both sides who would like to see a little faction swicharoo.  Maybe some kind of trade.....

Is it canon that the Nebulon-B was made for the Empire anymore?

The Imperial players getting a Nebulon-B for the Rebels to have a Quasar-Fire is not a fair trade in the least. If the Yavaris title becomes available for the Imperials to use as well, then maybe some trade negotiations can happen.

43 minutes ago, Derpzilla88 said:

Is it canon that the Nebulon-B was made for the Empire anymore?

The Imperial players getting a Nebulon-B for the Rebels to have a Quasar-Fire is not a fair trade in the least. If the Yavaris title becomes available for the Imperials to use as well, then maybe some trade negotiations can happen.

No Yavaris for you. Use your Quasar and push 6 squadrons with flight controllers instead of having 3 twice.

5 hours ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

You're not alone.

I feel the same for the Chimaera expansion, I already have 2 ISDs and don't want another one as I'll never use 3 at once, but to keep updated I'll have to spend a lot of money ('cause in my country I cannot get the expansion for 50 USD only, with shiping cost and taxes it will be almost the double) to be able to use those new upgrades and the 2 squadrons

To be fair, the Chimera expansion seems to be subtly pushing for 3 ISD lists; I wouldn't be suprised if the reason it only comes with 2 Seventh Fleet Star Destroyer Titles* is because they interact with the Chimera title, so you a third 7th fleet title would be pointless. On the other hand, someone who already had 3 ISDs is out luck.

*On the other hand, the article suggests that there are eighteen upgrade cards in the expansion but only 17 are shown (with what appears to be 2 commander cards), so it's possible the photo is just wrong.

12 minutes ago, Squark said:

On the other hand, the article suggests that there are eighteen upgrade cards in the expansion but only 17 are shown (with what appears to be 2 commander cards), so it's possible the photo is just wrong.

What are you saying? Surely you're not suggesting FFG would ever make a mistake in any of their preview articles. That's just preposterous.

The hard truth is we'll have to happy for repaint reissues for New Waves, because there isn't a whole lot of iconic canon options for new stuff left anymore.  There will be a few chances for new ships to be introduced in the last season of Rebels, whatever successor show is in the works, & stand alone movies like we saw with Rogue One... but that is a timetable of years, & we like our Waves much more frequent than that.  Of course there is the numerous conversations about adding new factions for Clone Wars Era or Force Awakens on-wards, which if the game stays popular & Fantasy Flight feels their is money to make, will happen; but even that is limited, since Last Jedi's capital ship lineup is scale problematic to say the least; & as I understand it, Disney isn't super supportive of pushing Clone Wars era content.

Devil's advocate, maybe it's best things slow down, we see in X-Wing how constantly coming out with more can hurt the game overall, (my own opinion obviously), & darn if i can't say that Armada feels really healthy & balanced right now. My only real desire would be cheaper versions of ships or a higher point cap just so we can see more ships on the table for epic play, which seems to be what the new Thrawn pack is trying to do for the ISD, so for once in my life I'm going to have a little faith in the company powers that be, haha.

2 hours ago, Squark said:

To be fair, the Chimera expansion seems to be subtly pushing for 3 ISD lists; I wouldn't be suprised if the reason it only comes with 2 Seventh Fleet Star Destroyer Titles* is because they interact with the Chimera title, so you a third 7th fleet title would be pointless. On the other hand, someone who already had 3 ISDs is out luck.

*On the other hand, the article suggests that there are eighteen upgrade cards in the expansion but only 17 are shown (with what appears to be 2 commander cards), so it's possible the photo is just wrong.

I have three ISD, I'm getting Chimaera, and I'm thinking of buying another ISD so I can come close to fielding Thrawns original fleet. 

On 9/21/2017 at 11:13 PM, Ranger Prime said:

From what I remember in Rebels, they never did a repaint of the Quasar.  It would be pretty cool to see the Phoenix Squadron painted on the top of it.  If they don't do that, I think it might work better as a campaign box item, just a card and the base tile.  It would likely have to be a unique title which makes it a rebel ship to avoid the problem of Rebels getting the Quasar titles.  Otherwise you start getting into some dicey territory with Squall for instance.

I think there's lots of potential for repaints of ships and I welcome it so long as they continue with the plan of adding in additional components like the 3x of ship cards from the Chimera.

Edited by ricefrisbeetreats

16 minutes ago, ricefrisbeetreats said:

From what I remember in Rebels, they never did a repaint of the Quasar.  

There's lots of yellow and orange bits on it once it's been in the Rebel Fleet for a while.

Immediately after being captured:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/c0/Homecoming-episode-gallery_137_17ec86f9.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20160218160450

Some time after that:

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/ff/Rebel_fleet_TFD.png/revision/latest?cb=20160317163543

Edited by Ironlord

12 minutes ago, Ironlord said:

Nice!  I'd like to see them do a little more to warrant a repaint, but at least they did add a little flair to the Quasar.  I'm surprised Sabine didn't go nuts.