Big Tom Casual

How many play throughs do people have?

15 posts in this topic

Everyone around here seems to rattle off card names and other details about the game like they know them all by heart.

Sound off : how many times have you played through the available material?

Like zooeyglass, my play count is quite numerous, if I had to approximate...I would say I have done the core set maybe 70 times completely, and about 4 times that number just to scenario 2, and dunwich I have 4 complete playthus and about 450 incomplete ones, and now 5 incomplete plays of the first 2 scenarios in Path to Carcoas

About 3 core, on my second Dunwich, and as much of Carcosa as exists so far. In other words, trust Zooeyglass and Starbreaker1. :P

7 hours ago, Starbreaker1 said:

Like zooeyglass, my play count is quite numerous, if I had to approximate...I would say I have done the core set maybe 70 times completely, and about 4 times that number just to scenario 2, and dunwich I have 4 complete playthus and about 450 incomplete ones, and now 5 incomplete plays of the first 2 scenarios in Path to Carcoas

If we math this out... you've averaged about 7 scenarios a day since it released?  Huh.

My own:

Core: 8 playthroughs
Dunwich: 1 full, 3 others in progress, but we waited until the full cycle was out before starting

6 hours ago, Buhallin said:

If we math this out... you've averaged about 7 scenarios a day since it released?  Huh.

My own:

Core: 8 playthroughs
Dunwich: 1 full, 3 others in progress, but we waited until the full cycle was out before starting

I'm getting 2 a day from that math, which is quite doable.

7 hours ago, Network57 said:

I'm getting 2 a day from that math, which is quite doable.

21 hours ago, Starbreaker1 said:

70 Core * 3 = 210
70*4 = 280 to Scenario 2 * 2 = 560
4 Complete Dunwich = 4 * 8 = 32
450 Incomplete Dunwich, assuming 3 per = 1350

Total Games = 2152 / 11 months or so (335 days) = 6.4

Even if we take the craziest number in there (450 partial Dunwich) and call "partial" one scenario each, we still land at 1250 or so games, or just under 4 per day.

It's certainly possible, but it does seem...  extreme.

wife and kids gone for one week, plus i get rewards for playing at my local store, that week alone I played 2 scenarios an hour, roughly, for about 5 days, and some of those went faster than others due to early death/defeat, and these are rough numbers it was an approximation, maybe I haven't done that many, I don't keep exact records but when you try to run through the museum as a standalone and wind up with the horror engaged with you first turn, you can get 3 or 4 scenarios in an hour cause early death sucks, and you want to change your deck and try again.  Maybe I could have phrased incomplete Dunwich better, most of those were only one scenario.

6 hours ago, Starbreaker1 said:

when you try to run through the museum as a standalone and wind up with the horror engaged with you first turn, you can get 3 or 4 scenarios in an hour cause early death sucks, and you want to change your deck and try again.

I wouldn't necessarily call quitting after one bad draw a playthrough, personally, but thanks for explaining the numbers :)

One playthrough of Dunwich Legacy (which got as far as Essex County Express) and another attempt which I've just kicked off, as well as a few failed attempts which didn't last long.