Nyxen

Nerf the TIE Silencer!

48 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Marinealver said:

It has been proven the forums can nerf a card before it gets released:P

 

Just curious, but what did they change? I thought this is how it was before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SabineKey said:

I saw plenty of topics like this from Rebel players back during the Deadeye torp boat reign. Why should Imperial players have to stop if the Rebel players didn't until a positive solution came about?

Because Imperial players have never stopped.

catachanninja likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain Lackwit said:

Because Imperial players have never stopped.

Because a positive solution hasn't happened yet. Heck, we are still in the same basic time frame between the release of the Jumpmaster and the Deadeye nerf last year. Again, Rebels did it all that time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2017 at 10:03 PM, GLEXOR said:

Just curious, but what did they change? I thought this is how it was before.

Inside joke, Considering that Jabba the Hutt was no Emperor Palpatine being a costly EM for illicits it is as if Jabba was nerfed on announcement.  

GLEXOR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 8:39 PM, Captain Lackwit said:

Because Imperial players have never stopped.

Rebel players in wave 8 : the jm5k is stupid overpowered and destroying our faction!

Imperials: get good and change your playstyle, obviously you have to adapt.

 

Imperial players post faq: the jmk5k is destroying our faction and we've never been playable besides when tie swarm, whisper,  rac+, trip aces, palp aces, crack swarm,  x7 defenders, or kylo were super dominant forces in the meta!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stoneface said:

I think I understand now why a bunch of the Old Guard no longer frequent these forums,

It's sort of like watching The View or The Real only quieter.

I don't come around because the tone never changes. Nothing is ever good enough and what we have is just the absolute worst.

It is always like this, and if it's not SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, catachanninja said:

Rebel players in wave 8 : the jm5k is stupid overpowered and destroying our faction!

Imperials: get good and change your playstyle, obviously you have to adapt.

 

Imperial players post faq: the jmk5k is destroying our faction and we've never been playable besides when tie swarm, whisper,  rac+, trip aces, palp aces, crack swarm,  x7 defenders, or kylo were super dominant forces in the meta!

 

You are confusing defense against misinformation as a cry that Imps have never been useful. Did you know there are people who actually believe that triple Defenders won every major tournament during the height of their power? That Palp Aces were actually unbeatable? 

Yes, there were calls of "get good" and "adapt" when the Rebels had it hard, but those voices fell silent as the situation continued. Same with this current Imperial situation. There were plenty of voices that said Imperials should "git gud" and adapt. They tried, same as the Rebels did. 

Nyxen likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont worry guys, the Curse of Fel is in full effect, at least on vassal.

First shot: triple blank greens

Second shot, 2 blanks and a focus

Second shot title- rerolled: 2 blanks and a focus

3rd shot: triple blank greens

Edited by Rakaydos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Dont worry guys, the Curse of Fel is in full effect, at least on vassal.

First shot: triple blank greens

Second shot, 2 blanks and a focus

Second shot title- rerolled: 2 blanks and a focus

3rd shot: triple blank greens

Man, that sounds like my attempts to fly Interceptors period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope the generic pilot would be good enough to play with it !

With tech/system icons and if the dial is greenly it could be cool ! :)

But just like any 3 green dices, you could lose it quickly...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, catachanninja said:

Rebel players in wave 8 : the jm5k is stupid overpowered and destroying our faction!

Imperials: get good and change your playstyle, obviously you have to adapt.

 

Imperial players post faq: the jmk5k is destroying our faction and we've never been playable besides when tie swarm, whisper,  rac+, trip aces, palp aces, crack swarm,  x7 defenders, or kylo were super dominant forces in the meta!

 

Not this Imperial, I called it being op as soon as it was spoiled.  It was obviously seriously undercosted, had another ******* turret, and had the most ****** dial they have ever released.  That ship single (triple?) handedly reduced our list building options to palp-aces or triple aces, and pretty much removed everything the rebels had from the game.  It was a broken mess when it came out 5 waves ago, and it is a broken mess now.

DR4CO likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 23, 2017 at 5:05 PM, Marinealver said:

Inside joke, Considering that Jabba the Hutt was no Emperor Palpatine being a costly EM for illicits it is as if Jabba was nerfed on announcement.  

Ok, now I understand. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I mean, it is a PS9 boost-and-barrel-roll, tech-plus-systems-slot-packing, autothrusters-capable Defender statline (3/3/6HP) with an Interceptor-level dial...

In terms of shinies, about all you could ask for is a pony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Reiver said:

Well, I mean, it is a PS9 boost-and-barrel-roll, tech-plus-systems-slot-packing, autothrusters-capable Defender statline (3/3/6HP) with an Interceptor-level dial...

None of which really means a lot at the moment. All those movement options won't save it from a PS10 Advanced Sensor Bomblet, and ships with that statline are getting killed in a round for fun. And that's before we mention the mostly-irrelevant pilot ability.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, this ship is going to be outrageously fun to fly, but if it even makes it out of tier 2 competitive play I'll be astonished.

Edited by DR4CO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Reiver said:

with an Interceptor-level dial...

 

At that price tag, it needs to be better than the Interceptor.

It needs to have the best dial in the game.

HolySorcerer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people are not considering that Adv. Slam bomb will be not exist anymore, and that Nym alone is not such a threat for the Silencer.

Edited by Cerve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cerve said:

A lot of people are not considering that Adv. Slam bomb will be not exist anymore, and that Nym alone is not such a threat for the Silencer.

There is still the Experimental Interface variant which can still pose problems, but not as much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SabineKey said:

There is still the Experimental Interface variant which can still pose problems, but not as much. 

Actually, it's the exact same level of problem. Miri only needs to hit you once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

There is still the Experimental Interface variant which can still pose problems, but not as much. 

That's risky, TLT still a thing. After the nerf on Adv.Slam, maybe aces will come back again. Yes there's Nym, but him alone let a lot of room for any nimble ace to playing the match.

Edited by Cerve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cerve said:

That's risky, TLT still a thing. After the nerf on Adv.Slam, maybe aces will come back again. Yes there's Nym, but him alone let a lot of room for any nimble ace to playing the match.

True, but it may be worth it for Miranda. Also, the Adv. Slam nerf alone won't be enough. Nym is still very potent in his current form, making low health Aces less valuable for points. Add to that there is still the affects of wave 12 that have yet to be known, and the full explanation by what the Resistance Bomber can do, and we have an uncertain future ahead. 

But it could be fun, though. 

Cerve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BadMotivator said:

At that price tag, it needs to be better than the Interceptor.

It needs to have the best dial in the game.

Compare to Vessery, remembering the way PS and positional abilities synergise.

I think it's gonna do fine in any scene that isn't saturated by bombs.

Edited by Reiver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DR4CO said:

None of which really means a lot at the moment. All those movement options won't save it from a PS10 Advanced Sensor Bomblet, ...

Not if he is pilot skill 11...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now