Nyxen

Nerf the TIE Silencer!

48 posts in this topic

Also, threads exactly like this regarding other ships are the reason the game's gone to **** in the last couple of waves. So I'm not really seeing the humour here, either. <_<

Edited by DR4CO
"H e l l" is a disallowed word!? Really, FFG!?
Jiron, Stoneface, JJ48 and 4 others like this

57 minutes ago, Nyxen said:

I just figured we should start this now because its an Imperial arc dodger with a native 9.

Conventional group wisdom indicates that new stuff is OP, DOA, or a gunboat.

Since you want to nerf it, does that mean I should preorder one?

Nyxen, Wiredin, Malasombra and 5 others like this

2 hours ago, Nyxen said:

I just figured we should start this now because its an Imperial arc dodger with a native 9.

Please let me know which native PS9 Imperial arc dodgers have been nerfed.  As far as I am aware the three PS9 Imp Pilots or their ships have never been nerfed.  In fact quite the opposite.  Two have benefited from second release with new titles and upgrades and one has greatly benefited from a later TIE upgrade card.

17 minutes ago, Sasajak said:

Please let me know which native PS9 Imperial arc dodgers have been nerfed.  As far as I am aware the three PS9 Imp Pilots or their ships have never been nerfed.  In fact quite the opposite.  Two have benefited from second release with new titles and upgrades and one has greatly benefited from a later TIE upgrade card.

There's more than one way to nerf a ship. For example, one might spend 3 consecutive waves printing one hard counter after another until the ship completely disappears from competitive play.

32 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

But if you use whisper, echo and a silencer you get to use "sound of silence". Alternatively if you lose can listen to "dust in the wind".

Now I'm just sad I can't run Whisper, Echo, and a Silencer in a 100 pt list. Off to Epic!

10 minutes ago, defkhan1 said:

Now I'm just sad I can't run Whisper, Echo, and a Silencer in a 100 pt list. Off to Epic!

We don’t know the base Silencer cost yet... so you probably can run all three, it just wouldn’t be that good...

1 minute ago, Kieransi said:

We don’t know the base Silencer cost yet... so you probably can run all three, it just wouldn’t be that good...

Naked maybe. Crewless Whisper and Echo with their mandatory upgrades leaves only 24 pts for a third ship. The Silencer generic definitely won't be 11 pts less than Kylo.

48 minutes ago, defkhan1 said:

Naked maybe. Crewless Whisper and Echo with their mandatory upgrades leaves only 24 pts for a third ship. The Silencer generic definitely won't be 11 pts less than Kylo.

Technically, they are decently flyable with VI and Advanced Cloaking Device. That leaves 28 for a Silencer, which is probably the cost of the base Silencer (plus maybe a tech upgrade or something).

1 hour ago, FlyingAnchors said:

But if you use whisper, echo and a silencer you get to use "sound of silence". Alternatively if you lose can listen to "dust in the wind".

I dunno, the opening line of Sound of Silence fits nicely with a game loss, heh.

FlyingAnchors likes this

15 hours ago, Stoneface said:

Unfortunately this really isn't that funny. The are so many nerf,fix,FAQ, threads now it's getting both irksome and depressing.

I wish I could like this more. 

5 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Imperial players please stop.

I saw plenty of topics like this from Rebel players back during the Deadeye torp boat reign. Why should Imperial players have to stop if the Rebel players didn't until a positive solution came about?

Arkanta974, Nyxen, defkhan1 and 3 others like this