Etaywah

Create a Province!

32 posts in this topic

Here's my first:

Your Reputation Precedes You

Scorpion Province

Void Element

2 Strength Province

Reaction: After this province is revealed, choose and dishonor an attacking opponent's character. If they are already dishonored, remove 1 fate from the character. If the character has no fate, discard it.

"Have you not already learned? Showing your face here only proves you are your own worst enemy."

Edited by Etaywah
LordBlunt and Togashi Gao Shan like this

I'll give it a go, I'm sure this won't be balanced though: 

Honorable Stand

Neutral Province - Air Element

0 Province Strength

Reaction: After one or more defenders are declared, honor all defenders. 

Forced Reaction: When this province breaks, discard all defenders. 

Togashi Gao Shan likes this

Crab Province

Brah, why you attacking the Wall? - Earth Element

4 Province Strength

Reaction: After this province is flipped, the attacking player loses 5 honor.

Flavor text: Don't you have something better to do than tearing down the Empire's defenses against the Shadowlands!?

Edited by Joe From Cincinnati

10 minutes ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

Crab Province

4 Province Strength

Flavor text: Don't you have something better to do than tearing down the Empire's defenses against the Shadowlands!?

Fair and balanced.

Shrine of Shinsei

2PS

Earth

Non-Monk characters involved in this conflict cannot straighten.

Forced Reaction: When this province is destroyed, the attacker and defender both lose 3 honor.

"To imagine that the arrogance of war would bring bloodshed to such holy ground as this... all are responsible for this tragedy."

Edited by TheItsyBitsySpider

Come One At A Time

XPS

Fire

X is twice the number of attacking characters. 

Action: If you have no more than one defending character at a conflict at this province -  the defending character challenges an attacking character to a Military duel.  If the loser of the duel has no fate on it, discard it. Otherwise remove 1 fate from it and bow it.

Edited by Kakita Shiro
Changed from purely fate discarding to province defense.

57 minutes ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

Crab Province

4 Province Strength

I think 5 is a bit excessive/overpowered because it could end a game, but I really really like the concept. What about "After this province is broken"? It would make them second-guess actually going through with the break.

Edited by Etaywah

Madness of it All

0PS

Water

Forced Reaction: When a conflict at this province is announced reveal the top cards of both the attacker's and the defender's conflict decks. During this conflict either player may spend a fate, lose an honor, and then play either one of these cards as long as the play would be legal. After a card is played reveal the next card on top of that respective Conflict deck.

"In the flurry of combat one must take every opportunity for victory, anything less is without point."  

LordBlunt and Togashi Gao Shan like this

Muster Field -Air
Unicorn Province 
3 Province STR

Reaction: After this province is revealed, un-bow friendly characters with the calvary trait. 

Interrupt:  After winning a conflict at this province, friendly characters with the calvary trait do not bow at the end of the conflict. 

Trade Route Ambush Unicorn Province -Void

2 Province STR

Interupt: When you play your first event during a conflict at this province, your opponent pays for the fate or honor cost instead. 

Ki-Rin Shrine -Fire Unicorn Province

4 Province STR

Action: During a conflict at this province, you may pay 1 fate to honor a friendly defending character (Limit twice per round).

Edited by Virtigo

Conflict in the Shinomen Forest

PS 4

Forest. Earth

Action: The defender may bow a character at this battle to remove a fate from an opposing character or bow a character with no fate

Togashi Gao Shan likes this

Just now, hoonZilla said:

Gotta love those shugenjas :P

Oh I do... was already thinking how fun a swarmy shugenja deck might be, especially with the card that gives a bonus based on the number of shugenja you have. 

8 minutes ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

Oh I do... was already thinking how fun a swarmy shugenja deck might be, especially with the card that gives a bonus based on the number of shugenja you have. 

Shugenja Party

PS 0

Water

Reaction: If you have 4 or more shugenjas when this province is revealed, you start a party.

Action: Pay 1 fate and 3 honor to spike the punch at this party. All defending shugenjas party hard and can't be bowed for the remainder of this turn. At the beginning of the next turn bow all shugenjas that took part in last nights shenanigans. 

3 hours ago, Virtigo said:

Muster Field -Air
Unicorn Province 
3 Province STR

Reaction: After this province is revealed, un-bow friendly characters with the calvary trait. 

Interrupt:  After winning a conflict at this province, friendly characters with the calvary trait do not bow at the end of the conflict. 

Trade Route Ambush Unicorn Province -Void

2 Province STR

Interupt: When you play your first event during a conflict at this province, your opponent pays for the fate or honor cost instead. 

Ki-Rin Shrine -Fire Unicorn Province

4 Province STR

Action: During a conflict at this province, you may pay 1 fate to honor a friendly defending character (Limit twice per round).

Hmmmmmm... I'm getting this weird feeling that you're a Unicorn Clan player who is disguising himself/herself as a Mantis Clan player in order to 'slip in' a few Unicorn provinces for some nefarious purpose - I like that!!!!! :D

Virtigo likes this

1 hour ago, LordBlunt said:

Hmmmmmm... I'm getting this weird feeling that you're a Unicorn Clan player who is disguising himself/herself as a Mantis Clan player in order to 'slip in' a few Unicorn provinces for some nefarious purpose - I like that!!!!! :D

Muahahahaha!  TBH: I love Unicorn lore, but I'm not sold on their clan design with the lack of character actions which is why I am not committed as of yet, hence Mantis :D

Here's another one:

Unicorn Province: Swift Trample Attack

Earth -Strength 5

Reaction: When this province is revealed if you have the first player token bow 4 glory worth of characters, if second player, bow 2 glory worth of characters.

Starry Heaven Sanctuary 

Phoenix Province - Void Element

4 Province Strength 

Shugenja participating in a conflict at this province gain +1 Mil/ +1 Pol until the end of conflict. If the Shugenja or one of its attachments has the Void trait, the Shugenja instead gains +2 Mil/ +2 Pol until the end of conflict. 

"The Starry Heaven Sanctuary is a renowned school for the Ishiken, students of the Void. The kami there are closely attuned to the prayers of faithful shugenja, and the shugenja in turn are closely attuned to the Realm of Void."

ADD: This would probably make a better Stronghold than province (with different abilities, of course) but since we don't have much variation in Stronghold examples yet, I reserve posting such an idea...for now. 

Edited by Zesu Shadaban

Seven Blasphemies Garden (Fire)

Province Strength: +3

Reaction: After this province is revealed, starting with you, each player may discard up to X cards, where X is the number of participating characters he or she controls. Each player must then dishonor a number of them equal to the difference.

17 hours ago, Etaywah said:

I think 5 is a bit excessive/overpowered because it could end a game, but I really really like the concept. What about "After this province is broken"? It would make them second-guess actually going through with the break.

It was mostly a joke :P.

But if I were to actually convert it into a reasonably balanced province, I could see a few different options:

"Reaction: After the first time this game you win as the defender at this province, your opponent loses 3 honor (Limit once per game)."

Or 

"Reaction: After this province is broken, your opponent loses 3 honor."

I personally like the first one more, as it ties more closely into the Crab's overall theme of wanting to win on defense, but the second one makes sense as well because it's definitely dishonorable to not only attack the wall but to break it as well? You're in some **** with the emperor now haha.

Tactical sacrifice.

Lion Clan Province

PS: 3  Water

Reaction: After this province is destroyed, search your conflict deck for a personality, Place him in play with one fate, then declare a military conflict at an opponent's province that is not their Stronghold. The defender may not assign defenders but may move personalities to the battlefield. After the resolution of this battle at this province, dishonor all attackers who participated and then discard the attackers.

"You thought to catch us out of position Hotaru-san, you will pay for such arrogance." 

My reasoning: Lion are typically considered the premiere tacticians in Rokugan and knew the Crane were coming and did not stop them so the Crane would be out of position for the Lion's counterattack. While this is a dishonorable tactic in the eyes of the Rokugani the Lion value duty almost as much as the Crab and would be willing to act dishonorably to strike a vital blow against their opponent.

Edited by maniacmcgoo