Jump to content
Thatdash

Omega leader and no modify rule

Recommended Posts

No, re-rolling counts as modifying a die.  In fact, "modifying" your "dice roll" includes:

  • Adding dice results through abilities such as Finn's or C-3PO's crew ability
  • Changing 1 or more dice through the use of tokens or abilities like Mercenary Copilot
  • Re-rolling dice through things like Target Locks or abilities like Predator or Han Solo's Pilot ability.

Also note that spending an evade token is the same as "adding" a die with an evade result on it to your dice roll so even this may not be done.

 

Edit:  If you are asking if you can simply "spend a lock" even though you choose to modify zero your dice, the answer is normally yes but the FAQ specifically rules out these types of modifications out in the case of Omega Leader.

Edited by pickirk01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pickirk01 said:

No, re-rolling counts as modifying a die.  In fact, "modifying" your "dice roll" includes:

  • Adding dice results through abilities such as Finn's or C-3PO's crew ability
  • Changing 1 or more dice through the use of tokens or abilities like Mercenary Copilot
  • Re-rolling dice through things like Target Locks or abilities like Predator or Han Solo's Pilot ability.

I would like to point out that Adding DICE, like Finn, is perfectly fine, as it isn't modifying dice. However, it makes Finn essentially useless, as he adds a blank result that can then not be modified, so it stays blank.

However, abilities like Eaden Vrill, Backstabber, and Pure Sabaac still work, as they add dice. So would Outmaneuver and Wedge Antilles, as they remove dice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eruletho said:

I would like to point out that Adding DICE, like Finn, is perfectly fine, as it isn't modifying dice. However, it makes Finn essentially useless, as he adds a blank result that can then not be modified, so it stays blank.

However, abilities like Eaden Vrill, Backstabber, and Pure Sabaac still work, as they add dice. So would Outmaneuver and Wedge Antilles, as they remove dice.

Finn doesn't add a die to be rolled, he adds a blank result to the result pool, thus is considered a modification (yes, a useless one that  couldn't be rerolled if it was allowed, but still a modification that can't happen nonetheless).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Miranda or Jan Ors are examples of adding dice and do work. Finn adds a result and does not.

 

5 hours ago, bgrelle said:

Finn doesn't add a die to be rolled, he adds a blank result to the result pool, thus is considered a modification (yes, a useless one that  couldn't be rerolled if it was allowed, but still a modification that can't happen nonetheless).  

Fair enough, i stand corrected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GLEXOR said:

The only exceptions are Palpatine and M9, because the ship equipped with Palp is doing the modification, and M9 says must.

M9 is the same reason as Palp (the source of the mod is considered M9-G8's ship).

If two cards are in conflict, the "cannot" wins, so under normal circumstances Omega would trump M9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Thatdash said:

When omega has me target locked, I understand I cannot spend my focus to modify. But if I have it target locked can I still spend the TL?

There are some non-modification ways you could spend the target lock, such as to fire a Missile or to activate the Latts Razzi pilot ability when she is the attacker ("When a friendly ship declares an attack, you may spend a target lock you have on the defender to reduce its agility by 1 for that attack."), but no, you could not use the normal "spend Target Lock to reroll some dice" ability, as everyone here has already explained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have kind of a niche question, but as far as I can tell it works. If you guys can give me some clarification, that would be great. The instance or mechanic in question is canceling dice and is that a modification? For a weapon like a TLT or ion cannon, the effect doesn't occur during either of the modify dice steps (i.e. step 3 and step 5), and it makes sense to me that it would not be stopped by Omega Leader. But for the Pilot Wampa or the Crack shot EPT, those do occur during those steps (I think?). Canceling dice isn't listed as a modification on the timing chart during these steps, so is canceling done at a different time or is that effect just something that is allowed through Omega Leader's ability? Thanks all for the clarification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2017 at 1:44 AM, Jimbawa said:

I have kind of a niche question, but as far as I can tell it works. If you guys can give me some clarification, that would be great. The instance or mechanic in question is canceling dice and is that a modification? For a weapon like a TLT or ion cannon, the effect doesn't occur during either of the modify dice steps (i.e. step 3 and step 5), and it makes sense to me that it would not be stopped by Omega Leader. But for the Pilot Wampa or the Crack shot EPT, those do occur during those steps (I think?). Canceling dice isn't listed as a modification on the timing chart during these steps, so is canceling done at a different time or is that effect just something that is allowed through Omega Leader's ability? Thanks all for the clarification!

As already stated, the canceling the die is not stopped by Omega Leader (OL).  This is why you are free to use Accuracy Corrector (AC) to cancel all of your results when firing at OL however you can NOT then proceed to ADD the two hit results given by AC since adding results IS modification and therefore not allowed by OL.  In the cases of Wampa and Crack Shot things are a little different. 

For Wampa, he cancels all die and IF one of the canceled die is a "Kaboom" then he deals a facedown damage card.  This ability is not only allowed by OL, no dice results are being modified, it will go under his shield, assuming he hasn't been hit yet), since it specifically says to deal a card and not take a damage.

For Crack Shot, this is not a modification due to it being a cancellation that occurs after all modifications have taken place.  For example, you fire at the enemy and have two hits showing, they roll agility dice and end up with two evades and a focus.  But you have crack shot and if they don't use the focus you are then free to use crack shot to cancel one of the evade results so one damage still goes through, but then if they do use the focus to modify their defence die so that they now have three evade results there is no reason for you to use your crack shot since damage still won't go through due to there now there would still being two evade dice left.  This is part of the beauty of having crack shot, it can force people to use tokens they might not otherwise use just because you have it and have the choice to use it after they modify results. 

I hope this long winded answer doesn't bore you too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×